Printing and other assorted things

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
EarlSmith

Printing and other assorted things

#1 Post by EarlSmith »

Barry, I have been reviewing the news items you posted for the last month and thought I would list a couple of items here for updating.
You mentioned on June 14 you had gotten the printing problem fixed but you didn't have a printer to test it on. Have you tested it since with a printer and did it work ok?
On june 15 you mentioned the upgrading of the Grisbi bookeeping program. Does it print also?
I also was happy to hear that you got Gnumeric working and just wondered if it would replace Planmaker?
Thanks for the upgrade of Dillo, it seems to work fine for me with no problems.
Lastly, on the OpenOffice work, will it be the 2.0 version,the 1.9beta, or earlier versions and will you have a livecd version for 1.0.4? If there was a livecd version, would you need 256mb to load it all in ram, or more? Or is this best left to far future 1.0.5,6,7, or 8?
Anyway thanks for the great effort, Puppy is really becoming a force in Linux.

BarryK
Puppy Master

Re: Printing and other assorted things

#2 Post by BarryK »

EarlSmith wrote:Barry, I have been reviewing the news items you posted for the last month and thought I would list a couple of items here for updating.
You mentioned on June 14 you had gotten the printing problem fixed but you didn't have a printer to test it on. Have you tested it since with a printer and did it work ok?
On june 15 you mentioned the upgrading of the Grisbi bookeeping program. Does it print also?
I also was happy to hear that you got Gnumeric working and just wondered if it would replace Planmaker?
Thanks for the upgrade of Dillo, it seems to work fine for me with no problems.
Lastly, on the OpenOffice work, will it be the 2.0 version,the 1.9beta, or earlier versions and will you have a livecd version for 1.0.4? If there was a livecd version, would you need 256mb to load it all in ram, or more? Or is this best left to far future 1.0.5,6,7, or 8?
Anyway thanks for the great effort, Puppy is really becoming a force in Linux.
yes, I have tested printing and it works fine!

Grisbi, no. Unfortunately it needs Latex to print. I contacted one of the developers and he indicated they may introduce printing that doesn't need latex, but I don't know when.

Gnumeric, yes, it replaces Planmaker in 1.0.4.

OpenOffice Unleashed package is version 1.1.4, the current stable release.
I intend that it will be available as a Pupget package.

Regarding a live-CD with OpenOffice, yes, it's possible, like, the iso would be about 90M (with Firefox) ...hey, I know that's still tiny compared with other distros!
So, I could release an experimental "Humungous Puppy" live-CD!

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Ian »

You could call it ' Great Dane' Barry. :-)