Problem for connect wireless [Solved]

popcorn

Problem for connect wireless [Solved]

#1 Post by popcorn »

Hello All
I'm starting to use the puppy and I have a big problem to connect to a wireless network.
I use an internal card notebook ( Broadcom 802.11 )and a modem encore n150, but when I try to connect anyone, always around me the message "Failed to Obtain access point of network" would be a driver problem or some setting that needs to be modified?

Ty
Last edited by popcorn on Sat 09 Aug 2014, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.

Bird Dog

Wireless problem

#2 Post by Bird Dog »

Does your wireless system work with windows?

ardvark

#3 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

Welcome to the forums :)

Would you open a terminal (go to "Menu," then "Utility," then "Urxvt Terminal Emulator," although installing "Sakura" from the Puppy Package Manager might make this process easier,) and post the output of the following commands...

Code: Select all

lspci -nn

lsmod

iwconfig
We'll start with those. I would like to determine if Puppy sees your adapter and if it's configured and ready to connect to a network. :)

Thanks...
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]

popcorn

#4 Post by popcorn »

Bird Dog wrote:Does your wireless system work with windows?
Yes, usually works on windows, even have the cd driver installation for windows and linux, but as the puppy uses a different extension not know how it works.
ardvark wrote:Hi...

Welcome to the forums :)

Would you open a terminal (go to "Menu," then "Utility," then "Urxvt Terminal Emulator," although installing "Sakura" from the Puppy Package Manager might make this process easier,) and post the output of the following commands...

lspci -nn

lsmod

iwconfig
We'll start with those. I would like to determine if Puppy sees your adapter and if it's configured and ready to connect to a network. :)

Thanks...
Thanks...
I tried to copy and paste, but I could not so I took print.
http://www.casimages.com.br/a/UTf0H

ardvark

#5 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

It appears you have two wireless adapters going at the same time. If you have a USB adapter plugged in, disconnect it, reboot the system and try connecting to your network again.

Regards...

popcorn

#6 Post by popcorn »

ardvark wrote:Hi...

It appears you have two wireless adapters going at the same time. If you have a USB adapter plugged in, disconnect it, reboot the system and try connecting to your network again.

Regards...
Thank you very much :D
I use the antenna "encore" because in some places of my house the signal is very poor, but with the antenna it is normal.
How do I configure which of the two hardware to use when connectin

ardvark

#7 Post by ardvark »

popcorn wrote:Thank you very much :D
I use the antenna "encore" because in some places of my house the signal is very poor, but with the antenna it is normal.
Hi...

I'm not really clear on this. The antenna increases your network's signal strength throughout your house and it's your network you're trying to connect to. Two adapters (connected to your computer) are not required for this, unless there is something I'm not understanding about your setup. :?:

Regards...

rcrsn51

#8 Post by rcrsn51 »

From your lsmod images, it looks like Puppy is loading a driver for your Encore USB WiFi adapter.

What Puppy version do you have? What connection tool are you using?

popcorn

#9 Post by popcorn »

ardvark wrote:
popcorn wrote:Thank you very much :D
Hi...

I'm not really clear on this. The antenna increases your network's signal strength throughout your house and it's your network you're trying to connect to. Two adapters (connected to your computer) are not required for this, unless there is something I'm not understanding about your setup. :?:

Regards...
Hi

sorry for my poor explanation.
The antenna and the signal to improve the network in which I connect because I share this connection
rcrsn51 wrote:From your lsmod images, it looks like Puppy is loading a driver for your Encore USB WiFi adapter.

What Puppy version do you have? What connection tool are you using?
I use Puppy "Slacko" 5.5-4 a friend who passed me, and it looks like an old version, I'm getting a new one. I'm having trouble using a Modem Encore n150.

ardvark

#10 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

I don't think you are understanding what I mean. From the information you have provided, you have two adapters connected to your computer, the internal adapter and what appears to be an external USB adapter. I'm guessing the reason why you can't connect (if both adapters are seen and configured for use by Puppy,) is that Puppy doesn't know which one to use. If you already have an internal adapter that works just fine, why do you need an additional USB adapter?

If I'm wrong, and the Encore n150 is a USB modem and not an adapter, who is your ISP? Is this a 3G or 4G device?

Please also post the output for...

lsusb
As rcrsn51 has asked, what network manager were you trying to connect with? Frisbee? Simple Network Setup? :wink:

Thanks...
Last edited by ardvark on Sun 27 Jul 2014, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

ardvark

#11 Post by ardvark »

popcorn wrote:now I'm using puppy linux 5.7, now the puppy does not recognize the modem encore.
Does it recognize your internal wireless adapter and are able to connect using it?

Regards...

popcorn

#12 Post by popcorn »

ardvark wrote:
popcorn wrote:now I'm using puppy linux 5.7, now the puppy does not recognize the modem encore.
Does it recognize your internal wireless adapter and are able to connect using it?

Regards...
Sorry for the delay, I'm traveling with family.
This is "lsusb" in puppy linux 5.4 to 5.7 does not recognize the Encore.
My adapter is this
http://www.picbuy.net/img/ML/Net/Card/E ... 45/f20.jpg
Here's a link to print
http://www.casimages.com.br/i/140730060 ... .png.htmll

rcrsn51

#13 Post by rcrsn51 »

Your device is definitely being detected in lsusb - it's the Realtek Semiconductor 0bda:8176.

I also believe that the correct rtl8192cu driver is being loaded. So the only problem is getting your onboard Broadcom wifi disabled so the Encore will start to work.

Once again, what network manager program are you using?

ardvark

#14 Post by ardvark »

(Never mind, I'll wait to see the results from rcrsn51's post above.)

popcorn

#15 Post by popcorn »

rcrsn51 wrote:Your device is definitely being detected in lsusb - it's the Realtek Semiconductor 0bda:8176.

I also believe that the correct rtl8192cu driver is being loaded. So the only problem is getting your onboard Broadcom wifi disabled so the Encore will start to work.

Once again, what network manager program are you using?
I did not install any management program, I'm using native puppy 5.4. Would have some program where I could manage that enable and disable the broadcom?

rcrsn51

#16 Post by rcrsn51 »

When you set up wireless networking, you had a choice of programs - the Wizard, Simple Network Setup or Frisbee. Which one did you pick?

If you click the Connect icon on the desktop, which one appears?

popcorn

#17 Post by popcorn »

rcrsn51 wrote:When you set up wireless networking, you had a choice of programs - the Wizard, Simple Network Setup or Frisbee. Which one did you pick?

If you click the Connect icon on the desktop, which one appears?

so does everyone, I can only use the broadcom connections (card into your laptop).
When I do the test DHCP (netword wizard/wlan0 (Realtek) / autodhcp), comes me the error "Network Configuration of wlan0 Unsuccessful".

In 5.7 it does not recognize the Realtek, I tried to install the linux driver turning it on. pet but did not succeed.
I need a driver that is .pet?

Tks for helping

rcrsn51

#18 Post by rcrsn51 »

Your internal Broadcom is a problem, so we should try to get your USB Encore working. If you have installed some other Realtek PET, you should start over with a clean install.

Install PeasyWifi.

Read the instructions here.

You will probably have to change your configuration file from wlan0 to wlan1.

popcorn

#19 Post by popcorn »

rcrsn51 wrote:Your internal Broadcom is a problem, so we should try to get your USB Encore working. If you have installed some other Realtek PET, you should start over with a clean install.

Install PeasyWifi.

Read the instructions here.

You will probably have to change your configuration file from wlan0 to wlan1.
I do not understand now he connected for about 10 seconds after it dropped the connection, I tried to connect again and gave the connection fails. I closed the PWE and tried again fails again tried to find a new connection and it does not find any. Restarted the notebook, but now it does not connect anymore.
To follow these instructions I need to have installed puppy? Or can I use it in liveusb?

ardvark

#20 Post by ardvark »

Hi...

Will you again open a terminal and post the output of...

dmesg
Just to let you know, it might be pretty long. :wink:

Regards...