Joined: 14 May 2008 Posts: 1065 Location: Australia
Posted: Yesterday, at 06:22 Post subject:
Compile AMD-13.1 Legacy drivers with 3.15 kernel Subject description: amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-legacy-linux-x86.x86_64.run
Just thought I'd throw some notes out here, maybe it will make things easier for anyone else needing to compile the AMD legacy drivers on a 3.15 kernel.
Due to function changes in the latest kernel the installer will finish but with errors. This leaves Catalyst installed, but no .ko module.
Starting from the top:
1. Have your Pup's devx and kernel headers loaded
2. Run the installer. Let it finish and tell you something went wrong.
3. Extract these patches to /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod
4. Run AMDDRIVER3.15.sh in build_mod (Preferably in a terminal so you can see what's going on)
1. You need devx to compile. You need the headers to compile kernel modules.
2. This creates the folder in /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod so you can manually compile the module.
3. I got these patches from Arch.
4. This script runs the patches, the make file, the install script and then aticonfig --initial, which sets up xorg.conf to use the new module. (I assume)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum