Compaq Presario 1244 32Mb RAM all OK... Router problem

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
rodoviario

Compaq Presario 1244 32Mb RAM all OK... Router problem

#1 Post by rodoviario »

Hi! every one.. sorry about my english.

I have managed to boot and install on harddisk dual boot with win98 Puppy 2.01 Seamonkey.

The low memory problems stoped when I partitioned de Hard Drive and create a Swap partition... puppy recognices and activate it automatically :-)

Then there was a big problem with the NeoMagic video card and the Xorg wizzard... because the Vesa doesn't work... Initially it finds a suitable configuration and shows the test scren, after that all stopped in a black screen. My solution was get an Xorg.conf preconfigured that I find on the forums (sorry, I dont remember where) boot in another machine... copy manually the Xorg.conf file and save de session... I couldn configure to neomagic in the other computer because it has another video card... so I choose this method.

After that I have troube booting with de multisession CD... start googling to find a boot manager that has CD capabilities... but the floppy in the Presario was dead... so I utilize de Ultimate Boot CD 3.4... it has many tools, and some bootmanagers among them... I use one that let me eject de UBCD and put de puppy cd... boted, and voil