Fatdog battery applet 2

Talk about and post software packages known to work or packaged for Puppy.
dr. Dan

Fatdog battery applet 2

#1 Post by dr. Dan »

Greetings all,
By request, I'm starting a new thread for this. From my other post:
I've wanted to get more information from the battery icon in the tray for a long time, so I started adding to the fatdog-battery-applet.sh script to make it more to my liking. I don't know that much about shell scripting, but I know more now than before. The script attached below seems to work fairly well. I've tried it on Dell, Gateway/Acer, HP, and Toshiba laptops. I'd appreciate any additional brand-based evaluation.

The script wants configuration files lowbatt, criticalbatt and shutdown in ~/.config/battery_level/, and refers to an as-yet-nonexistant fatdog-power-settings.sh which I envision as being able to set a variety of battery and power usage parameters. Since it doesn't yet exist, sit ignores it.

The code could be more elegant, and I plan to improve it, or incorporate any suggestions I receive, over time. For example, I'll eventually want to simplify the tooltip section, perhaps use a single configuration file, and improve the battery health presentation.

If it is successful and practical, it could be packaged with preset parameters in the appropriate locations, but I haven't figured that bit out yet.

Any feedback is appreciated.
step has replied with some basic and very helpful information that I will incorporate soon and post back. In the mean time, as I wrote before, any feedback is appreciated.

Note: depends on dash and sit.

Dan
Attachments
fatdog-battery-applet-2.sh.tar.gz
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
draining.png
(11.73 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Charging.png
(14.3 KiB) Downloaded 41 times