Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Oct 2014, 04:56
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Security
NSA/GCHQ: The HACIENDA Program for Internet Colonization
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
James C

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug 2014, 22:00    Post subject:  NSA/GCHQ: The HACIENDA Program for Internet Colonization  

According to Heise newspaper, the intelligence agencies of the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, have used HACIENDA to map every server in twenty-seven countries, employing a technique known as port scanning. The agencies have shared this map and use it to plan intrusions into the servers. Disturbingly, the HACIENDA system actually hijacks civilian computers to do some of its dirty work, allowing it to leach computing resources and cover its tracks.

http://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/NSA-GCHQ-The-HACIENDA-Program-for-Internet-Colonization-2292681.html

Quote:
By preparing for attacks against services offered via SSH and SNMP, the spy agency targets critical infrastructure such as systems used for network operations. As shown in the past with the penetration of Belgacom and Stellar, when an employee's computer system or network credentials may be useful, those systems and people are targeted and attacked.

The database resulting from the scans is then shared with other spy agencies of the Five Eyes spying club (Figure 7), which includes the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. MAILORDER is described in the documents as a secure transport protocol used between the Five Eyes spy agencies to exchange collected data.
RSH

PostPosted: Wed 20 Aug 2014, 22:23    Post subject:  

Quote:

According to Heise newspaper, the intelligence agencies of the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, have used HACIENDA to map every server in twenty-seven countries, employing a technique known as port scanning. The agencies have shared this map and use it to plan intrusions into the servers. Disturbingly, the HACIENDA system actually hijacks civilian computers to do some of its dirty work, allowing it to leach computing resources and cover its tracks.

Cool!

Looks like some of the top agencies of the World have managed to trust each other and to start a pretty good job. Though I would like to see them to go at least one step further: not only to plan intrusions, but of course to execute them. Quickly!

As a final product I would like to see them managing to let all servers explode that are containing/storing/hosting racial, terrorist and similar extremists content.

Could be a big part to cut them down - since GOD is not going to do this job.

I would allow them to use my machine, though they can not achieve anything, by a bandwidth like mine of 4KB/s to 10KB/s.

I hope, some more agencies of the so-called free World will join in to this great project!

bark_bark_bark

PostPosted: Fri 22 Aug 2014, 15:15    Post subject:  

they have literally just violated several anti-computer hacking laws. I am not okay with my computer being used to chase a bunch of imaginary fairies.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Security
Jump to: