How do I transcode video/audio format in Puppy? (solved)

Using applications, configuring, problems
linus.cl

How do I transcode video/audio format in Puppy? (solved)

#1 Post by linus.cl »

Hello!

I have troubles with libvo_aacenc

I've tried to compile libav:

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-x11grab --enable-vdpau --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-bzlib --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libfaac --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --extra-cflags='-O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer' --cpu=i686 --enable-sram --disable-debug
Libvo_aacens wasn't found.

I run ./configure without parameters and install it fine.

But when I run ffmpeg or ffconvert, I get the error:

sh-4.1# ffmpeg
ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libvo-aacenc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
What's the problem?

I hope somebody can help me... :shock:

Thanks!
Last edited by linus.cl on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 06:12, edited 2 times in total.

OscarTalks

#2 Post by OscarTalks »

What Puppy is this?
Some Puppies (eg Precise) have this lib but some don't.
Are you compiling libav or ffmpeg?
I think it needs to be compiled with the necessary configure options, but if your Pup does not have that lib then I presume you can just compile with --disable-libvo_aacenc or otherwise install the lib (plus the DEV package) before compiling libav.
Not sure why it is looking for that lib if you compile with no parameters. Often these things are auto-detected at build time. Maybe the default config is to assume the lib is there and try to link to it unless you specify to disable it.
Oscar in England

linus.cl

#3 Post by linus.cl »

My system: Puppy Slacko 5.7

I've tried to compile libdav, ffmpeg is already installed.

I need the libvo_aacens codec to start ffmpeg or ffconvert. It is very important!

I have compiled libav without parameters.
There was also no compiling error.

All other codecs was installed fine, but this codec isn't work.. :evil:

I've search the codec libvo_aacens:

sh-4.1# cd /
sh-4.1# find -name 'libvo_aacens*'
sh-4.1# find -name 'libvo-aacens*'
sh-4.1# 
But it wasn't found.

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Not sure they'll work but, *extract* the two files from this pkg and place them in /usr/lib.

With the devx loaded, you should be able to run "ldconfig" to update your library paths.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

tempestuous

#5 Post by tempestuous »

linus.cl wrote:I need the libvo_aacens codec to start ffmpeg or ffconvert.
No you don't. You can simply disable this library binding during the configuration of libav, as such -

--disable-libvo-aacenc
linus.cl wrote:It is very important!
I disagree. Of several AAC encoding libraries that are available under Linux, and also compatible with ffmpeg, this is the worst quality.
If you have a compelling reason why you should use it ... please tell us what that reason is.

tempestuous

#6 Post by tempestuous »

Semme wrote:*extract* the two files from this pkg and place them in /usr/lib.
Why from .deb??
Better to compile from source, for better binary compatibility with Puppy Slacko ...
... but see my previous comment. There are better AAC encoding libraries available. The aacenc library should not be necessary at all.

linus.cl

#7 Post by linus.cl »

Thank you, Semme.
I've extract the package in /usr/lib. :D

sh-4.1# ffmpeg
ffmpeg: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.53: undefined symbol: x264_encoder_open_124
sh-4.1# ldconfig
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0.3200.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: /usr/lib/libvo-aacenc.so.0 ist kein symbolischer Link
What about this errors?

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

Why? >> Because I've had a lot of requests satisfied this way.

While I agree about the compatibility bit, not everyone cares to get involved with the devx.

==

Now Linus.. Why do you think you need libvo_aacens codec support? For what purpose?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

linus.cl

#9 Post by linus.cl »

Previous I thougt that I need the codec.

But now I don't think so.

Now I have an other problem:

xorg can't load because /usr/lib removed -> look here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=95494

Thanks

OscarTalks

#10 Post by OscarTalks »

@ linus.cl
Slacko 5.7 has a fairly recent version of ffmpeg.
If you compile libav and just install it over the top you will probably cause lots of problems. It doesn't surprise me that you are seeing symbol errors. If you need to add support for additional codecs then you would be better to compile the codec libraries from source and then recompile the same version of ffmpeg from source but adding the new codecs to your configure options. Mixing ffmpeg and libav binaries and libraries in the standard paths is not a good idea.
Oscar in England

linus.cl

#11 Post by linus.cl »

Thank you!

I'll remove ffmpeg and compile libav and ffmpeg with the same version.

tempestuous

#12 Post by tempestuous »

linus.cl wrote:Previous I thougt that I need the codec.
But now I don't think so.
Hoorah.
Semme wrote:not everyone cares to get involved with the devx.
True indeed ... but the original poster is already compiling an application from source. Clearly, he does care to get involved with the devx.
For the record, the libvo-aacenc source code is here -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencor ... vo-aacenc/

But more importantly, the missing library was indicative of a bigger problem - the application was not (properly) compiled for the distribution under which it was to eventually run. The correct process, as I tried to explain, is to properly configure the application by adding the libraries you truly need and disabling the libraries you don't need. How do you know? Research. Or ask on this forum.

Which leads us to the sad fact that we still don't know what the original poster wants to do. We were simply asked a series of technical steps, which the OP assumed were necessary.

linus.cl, what do you want to achieve with ffmpeg? Is there a particular codec that you want to decode? Or a particular codec you need to encode to?
Audio/video encoding is my everyday job. I can help you with the big picture, beyond the the technical minutiae of Linux compiling.

linus.cl

#13 Post by linus.cl »

I didn't know I can run ffmpeg without a codec.

I need ffmpeg for my video editing projects.

tempestuous

#14 Post by tempestuous »

What is a typical type of video file you would like to encode to?
Are such files to be used within your editing application? Or will the video file be used AFTER editing, to be sent to end-users - burnt as DVD or Blu-ray, or small filesize to be uploaded to the web?

Semme

#15 Post by Semme »

Although wildly conspicuous, point taken.
But the original poster is already compiling an application from source.

linus.cl

#16 Post by linus.cl »

tempestuous wrote:What is a typical type of video file you would like to encode to?
I typically encode Windows files (wmv, wav....) to Mp4, mp3 and other..

Sometimes I set another video size. (shrink files)

tempestuous

#17 Post by tempestuous »

linus.cl wrote:I typically encode Windows files (wmv, wav....) to Mp4
OK, that's quite basic stuff. I just booted the Slacko 5.7.0 CD now, plugged in a USB stick containing a Windows Media file, and ran this command -

ffmpeg -i myWindowsMediafile.wmv -vcodec mpeg4 -acodec libfaac -f mp4 myMPEG4conversion.mp4
This generated an MP4 file, which then played perfectly in Gnome Mplayer.

Notice the "-acodec libfaac" part of my command. This means I have defined the audio encoding within my MP4 file to be the AAC codec, encoded using the "libfaac" component of the ffmpeg/libav libraries.
So you can see that there's no need to add a different AAC encoding library, such as libvo_aacenc ... which is what you were originally trying to do.

More importantly, you should be able to see that the version of libav/ffmpeg already contained in Slacko 5.7 does exactly what you want it to do.
There's no need for you to compile a different version of libav/ffmpeg !!!
linus.cl wrote:I typically encode Windows files ...
wav ...
to mp3
That's extremely basic. In fact there's no need for ffmpeg at all in this case. Just use the "lame" MP3 encoding application, as such -

lame myWAVfile.wav myMP3file.mp3

tempestuous

#18 Post by tempestuous »

linus.cl wrote:Sometimes I set another video size. (shrink files)
Let's say that the Windows Media file I used earlier was of a "higher" resolution such as 720x576. If you wanted to drop this resolution down to, say, 640x288 you would add the "-s" switch to resize, as such -

ffmpeg -i myWindowsMediafile.wmv -vcodec mpeg4 -s 640x360 -acodec libfaac -f mp4 myMPEG4conversion.mp4
Since you mentioned "video editing" I'm a little surprised that your source files would be WMV, since this is really an end-user format, not a high quality acquisition format ...
but whatever. The types of consumer video "production" equipment and software available out there defies good sense.

linus.cl

#19 Post by linus.cl »

Thank you very much for the introduction in ffmpeg and lame!! :D :D

Semme

#20 Post by Semme »

See.. It's a good thing you had the "right people" to :D pull those teeth.