Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 24 Nov 2017, 01:59
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
New files 'gettextized' for everyone 2015
Moderators: Lobster, MU, raffy
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 5 of 7 [92 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Author Message
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Thu 26 Mar 2015, 03:05    Post subject:  

Ciao Robwoj44, thanks again Very Happy
Quirky 7 problem...
pcreatetorrent works fine on Tahr Slacko and Precise but with Quirky 7 the file does not start ... I think it's a problem of GTK3. The line 180 is the culprit.
With this modification works:
from
Code:
<frame $ (gettext 'Remove/Add tracker - Exit program')>

to
Code:
<frame $ (gettext 'Remove-Add tracker - Exit program')>

where (/) is considered as a code ... and (-) no.
---
@Don570
@L18L
you know an eval_gettext solution?

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Thu 26 Mar 2015, 05:47    Post subject:  

pcreatetorrent solved.
From
Code:
<frame $ (gettext 'Remove/Add tracker - Exit program')>

To
Code:
<frame """$ (gettext 'Remove/Add tracker - Exit program')""">

Works also for all distros.
pcreatetorrent Quirky 7 version
pcreatetorrent.tar.gz
Description 
gz

 Download 
Filename  pcreatetorrent.tar.gz 
Filesize  2.66 KB 
Downloaded  281 Time(s) 

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
don570


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 4757
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Thu 26 Mar 2015, 18:40    Post subject:  

xanand wrote:
I think it's a problem of GTK3


???? Does Quirky have GTK3 ????

I thought Quirky was an experiment to add newly created files to file
system in a different manner.

___________________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Fri 27 Mar 2015, 02:25    Post subject:  

Quote:
???? Does Quirky have GTK3 ????

I thought Quirky was an experiment to add newly created files to file
system in a different manner.



Yes, you are right! Gtk3 missing was the reply sent by the terminal in the previous version. But it was not right Shocked

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Sat 10 Oct 2015, 09:03    Post subject:  

About PPM v2
ref.: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97623

Very difficult to translate. Some observations and some solutions.

- petget

/usr/lib/gtkdialog/
All boxes:
gettext right, translation possible with geany or poeditor, but the gui remain in english...
My no-solution: replace the old 'petget' file in /usr/local/petget... now all works fine.
Please, if anyone has the right solution would be better, the new graphics are better.

- dowloadpkgs.sh

line 37
from
Code:
export LANG=C

to
Code:
#export LANG=C


- installpreview.sh

line 160
from
Code:

<button><label>More info</label><action>/usr/local/petget/fetchinfo.sh ${TREE1} & </action></button>

to
Code:

<button><label>$(gettext 'More info')</label><action>/usr/local/petget/fetchinfo.sh ${TREE1} & </action></button>


line 167
from
Code:
<label>Install ${TREE1}${ONLYMSG}</label>

to
Code:
<label>$(gettext 'Install') ${TREE1}${ONLYMSG}</label>


line 172
from
Code:
<label>Download-only</label>

to
Code:
<label>$(gettext 'Download-only')</label>


- installpkg.sh

line 137
from
Code:
pupmessage -bg '#ff8080' -fg black ${DISPTIME2} -title "$(gettext 'Package:') ${DLPKG_NAME}" "$(gettext 'Sorry, but this package is already installed. Cannot install it twice.')"

to
translation impossible at the moment.

WARNINGS!!!

There are the same 'voices' in 3 different files.
If the translations are not exactly identical, PPM v2 crashes.
This could create confusion.

Here the strings involved:

- pkg_chooser.sh

line 184
"$(gettext 'Download packages (no install)')")

line 200
"$(gettext 'Step by step installation (classic mode)')")

line 513
<item>'$(gettext 'Auto remove')'</item>

line 514
<item>'$(gettext 'Step by step remove (classic mode)')'</item>


- removemodes.sh

line 190
"$(gettext 'Auto remove')") auto_remove;;

line 191
"$(gettext 'Step by step remove (classic mode)')") classic_remove;;

- installmodes.sh


line 426
"$(gettext 'Download packages (no install)')")

line 454
"$(gettext 'Step by step installation (classic mode)')")


"Are also variables that pass from one script to another. If not identical they do not work"... yeah, this is normal Wink ... but that a translation interfere with the code creating a program crash, I do not think it's normal Shocked

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 2910

PostPosted: Sat 10 Oct 2015, 09:57    Post subject:  

xanad wrote:

Very difficult to translate. Some observations and some solutions.

- petget

/usr/lib/gtkdialog/
All boxes:
gettext right, translation possible with geany or poeditor, but the gui remain in english...
My no-solution: replace the old 'petget' file in /usr/local/petget... now all works fine.
Please, if anyone has the right solution would be better, the new graphics are better.

Since these are external scripts from /usr/lib/gtkdialog/ they have TEXTDOMAIN=libstardust. So translation of the /usr/lib/gtkdialog/box_* scripts should go under that TEXTDOMAIN (I think...)


xanad wrote:
- dowloadpkgs.sh

line 37
from
Code:
export LANG=C

to
Code:
#export LANG=C

This is changed long time ago in woof. Maybe you have an older version

xanad wrote:
- installpreview.sh

Fixed in woof. Thanks


xanad wrote:
- installpkg.sh

line 137
from
Code:
pupmessage -bg '#ff8080' -fg black ${DISPTIME2} -title "$(gettext 'Package:') ${DLPKG_NAME}" "$(gettext 'Sorry, but this package is already installed. Cannot install it twice.')"

to
translation impossible at the moment.

I think this is a problem with the pupmessage that is not internationalized and can not handle internationalization. If any one can take look at /usr/bin/pupmessage and has a suggestion how to fix this, please let me know
Would adding "export TEXTDOMAIN=pupmessage" at the top of the file be sufficient?

xanad wrote:
WARNINGS!!!

There are the same 'voices' in 3 different files.
If the translations are not exactly identical, PPM v2 crashes.
This could create confusion.

Correct.
This is fixed in woof few days now, as all relevant scripts went under the same TEXTDOMAIN (=petget___pkg_chooser.sh) so even minor (but detrimental) translation differences can be avoided.

_________________
== Here is how to solve your Linux problems fast ==
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Sun 11 Oct 2015, 03:29    Post subject:  

Hi Mavrothal,
thanks for the reply.
Quote:
Since these are external scripts from /usr/lib/gtkdialog/ they have TEXTDOMAIN=libstardust. So translation of the /usr/lib/gtkdialog/box_* scripts should go under that TEXTDOMAIN (I think...)


Everything would work but if the gtkdialog path is in /usr/lib, TEXTDOMAIN is not read by momanager ... but if I move the GtkDialog folder (for ex.), to /usr/bin (or linked) then it works. Now I try to translate that and I tell you.

Quote:
Quote:
xanad wrote:
WARNINGS!!!

There are the same 'voices' in 3 different files.
If the translations are not exactly identical, PPM v2 crashes.
This could create confusion.


Correct.
This is fixed in woof few days now, as all relevant scripts went under the same TEXTDOMAIN (=petget___pkg_chooser.sh) so even minor (but detrimental) translation differences can be avoided.


Right solution Very Happy

Quote:
Quote:
xanad wrote:
- installpreview.sh


Fixed in woof. Thanks


Cool

Quote:
I think this is a problem with the pupmessage that is not internationalized and can not handle internationalization. If any one can take look at /usr/bin/pupmessage and has a suggestion how to fix this, please let me know
Would adding "export TEXTDOMAIN=pupmessage" at the top of the file be sufficient?


now I try Rolling Eyes

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 2910

PostPosted: Sun 11 Oct 2015, 07:35    Post subject:  

xanad wrote:
Hi Mavrothal,
thanks for the reply.
Quote:
Since these are external scripts from /usr/lib/gtkdialog/ they have TEXTDOMAIN=libstardust. So translation of the /usr/lib/gtkdialog/box_* scripts should go under that TEXTDOMAIN (I think...)


Everything would work but if the gtkdialog path is in /usr/lib, TEXTDOMAIN is not read by momanager ... but if I move the GtkDialog folder (for ex.), to /usr/bin (or linked) then it works. Now I try to translate that and I tell you.

Please do.
These gtkdialog boxes is one of the latest offerings from zigbert and were incorporated to PPM when he overhauled the UI. I do not really know if they support internationalisation of the strings they display Confused
The message is displayed from strings with the syntax:
Code:
 [ "$2" ] && S=$S'<text xalign="0" use-markup="true"><label>"'$2'"</label></text>'

where $2, $3 etc are the input strings from the scripts that is calling box_*
They may need to be replaced by
Code:
 [ "$2" ] && S=$S'<text xalign="0" use-markup="true"><label>'$(gettext "$2")'</label></text>'

If it is a bug in the box_* code can hopefully be fixed, if this is not possible, they will need to be replaced by Xdialog or something.
Same is true for pupmessage and is not internationalised at all itself or the messages it displays (though this was in PPM since BK's versions).

_________________
== Here is how to solve your Linux problems fast ==
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct 2015, 06:21    Post subject:  

Hi Mavrothal,
Find all solutions. (less than 2, but I try again...)
Attached there is a compressed file with all the changed files. Changes are gettext and TEXTDOMAIN. The changes are numerous, and is diffile list them line by line. I suggest using xfdiff to compare files:

/usr/local/petget

- downloadpkgs.sh
- installmodes.sh
- installpkg.sh
- installpreview.sh
- installwindow.sh
- petget
- pkg_chooser.sh
- removemodes.sh
- removepreview.sh
- removewindow.sh
- reportwindow.sh

Libstardust

To work, the following files:

- box_help
- box_ok
- box_splash
- box_yesno

must have as their 'export' in this way:

Code:
export TEXTDOMAIN=libstardust
export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8


but above all, there must be a link of the /usr/libs/gtkdialog directory to /bin/ (I put it here because there are already other files named 'gtkdialog' in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin)
otherwise momanager does not recognize it.

----

Probably something it still missed and it would be highly advisable that some other translator tried to write a translation to find more problems.
ppm2_mods.tar.gz
Description 
gz

 Download 
Filename  ppm2_mods.tar.gz 
Filesize  49.15 KB 
Downloaded  167 Time(s) 

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 2910

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct 2015, 06:40    Post subject:  

xanad wrote:
Hi Mavrothal,
Find all solutions. (less than 2, but I try again...)
Attached there is a compressed file with all the changed files. Changes are gettext and TEXTDOMAIN. The changes are numerous, and is diffile list them line by line. I suggest using xfdiff to compare files:

/usr/local/petget

- downloadpkgs.sh
- installmodes.sh
- installpkg.sh
- installpreview.sh
- installwindow.sh
- petget
- pkg_chooser.sh
- removemodes.sh
- removepreview.sh
- removewindow.sh
- reportwindow.sh

Libstardust

To work, the following files:

- box_help
- box_ok
- box_splash
- box_yesno

must have as their 'export' in this way:

Code:
export TEXTDOMAIN=libstardust
export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8


but above all, there must be a link of the /usr/libs/gtkdialog directory to /bin/ (I put it here because there are already other files named 'gtkdialog' in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin)
otherwise momanager does not recognize it.

----

Probably something it still missed and it would be highly advisable that some other translator tried to write a translation to find more problems.


Thanks xanad.
However it does appear to have an older PPM.
If is not too much trouble, and you have the modified PPM running in you system happily, please do the following:
clone goof-ce git (
Code:
got clone https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE.git
)
Then copy the patch generator script in a file just outside the woof-CE git folder (make sure that no spaces are added at the end of the lines - the forum does that lately), make it executable and run it.
Will record all the differences between your running system and the current woof-CE. Discard everything else and just leave the PPM/gtkdialog patches.

BTW I just looked at some briefly. Do you really need to export
Code:
export TEXTDOMAIN=petget___downloadpkgs.sh
export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8

before every dialog or redirection?

_________________
== Here is how to solve your Linux problems fast ==
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct 2015, 08:45    Post subject:  

Hi Mavrothal,

Quote:
However it does appear to have an older PPM.

I am using this version. Any another?
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97623

Quote:
If is not too much trouble, and you have the modified PPM running in you system happily, please do the following:
clone goof-ce git

Oh, no. In my opinion, it is early. We should get feedback from other translators. Only they can make sure everything is ok. No devs. You should ask ASRI or Vicmz or Robwoj44 or ... to translate and test.

Quote:
BTW I just looked at some briefly. Do you really need to export
Code:
Code:
export TEXTDOMAIN=petget___*
export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8   


before every dialog or redirection?

At the moment, yes. But there could be other solutions, I think. The rule is this to function, it can definitely be better written.

remain unsolved:
- "Please wait, processing ..."
- pupmessage
- "That Testing packages exist in repository"

Some Italian users are testing the changes.

To facilitate testing I created a pet PPM v2 + libstardust with the changes.
patch_ppm_v2.pet
Description 
pet

 Download 
Filename  patch_ppm_v2.pet 
Filesize  81.16 KB 
Downloaded  193 Time(s) 

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 2910

PostPosted: Mon 12 Oct 2015, 23:13    Post subject:  

xanad wrote:
Quote:
However it does appear to have an older PPM.

I am using this version. Any another?
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97623

This is the last pet, and is 4 months old by now. PPM2 is now merged into woof-CE and there are several changes there. If you clone woof-CE and you go to the testing branch (by the command "git checkout testing") you'll get the latest.
Most of the files are in woof-code/rootfs-skeleton/usr/local/petget.
0setup is in woof-code/.
You may also want to get woof-code/rootfs-skeleton/usr/sbin/download_file that is used for the package downloading and has some messages seen in PPM.
Finally, find_cat, debdb2pupdb and printcols are binary files that do not need translation but latest versions speedup some PPM functions (db update). They are in woof-arch/{x86,x86_64}/build/support/.

xanad wrote:
Some Italian users are testing the changes.

To facilitate testing I created a pet PPM v2 + libstardust with the changes.

Is there any ISO with all these changes to test? I understand (very) little Italian and I can use Google-translate Wink

xanad wrote:
remain unsolved:
- "Please wait, processing ..."
<snip>
- "That Testing packages exist in repository"

"Please wait..." appears in 3 scripts, filterpkgs.sh, dependencies.sh and installpreview.sh. Do you know which one gives the problem?

Try
Code:
echo "$(gettext 'Testing that packages exist in repository')" > /tmp/petget/install_status

To see if it works.

Latter: Some of the changes are already incorporated into woof. So would be nice if you can test the current version of the scripts

_________________
== Here is how to solve your Linux problems fast ==
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct 2015, 03:49    Post subject:  

Quote:
Most of the files are in woof-code/rootfs-skeleton/usr/local/petget.


ok, now I get them

Quote:
Is there any ISO with all these changes to test? I understand (very) little Italian and I can use Google-translate


yes, T64 https://copy.com/Z6RUw0xZjgbCq4d2
and then install this
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=91109

Quote:
"Please wait..." appears in 3 scripts, filterpkgs.sh, dependencies.sh and installpreview.sh. Do you know which one gives the problem?

"Please wait, processing..." is in installpkg.sh

Quote:
echo "$(gettext 'Testing that packages exist in repository')" > /tmp/petget/install_status


now I try

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 2910

PostPosted: Wed 14 Oct 2015, 07:16    Post subject:  

xanad wrote:

now I try

Here is the latest PPM version from woof plus some more changes.
You may want to test without further changes/modification (at least for the begining)

_________________
== Here is how to solve your Linux problems fast ==
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
mavrothal


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 2910

PostPosted: Thu 15 Oct 2015, 03:45    Post subject:  

I think I got it
Check the latest woof-CE commits
Italian_pupmessage.png
 Description   
 Filesize   57.35 KB
 Viewed   104 Time(s)

Italian_pupmessage.png


_________________
== Here is how to solve your Linux problems fast ==
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 7 [92 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Localization Project
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1043s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0072s) ][ GZIP on ]