sony vaio vgn-fs415s

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
navegante

sony vaio vgn-fs415s

#1 Post by navegante »

I revived a sony vaio vgn-fs415s with slacko puppy 5.7. Both Nvidia and Mesa driver installed (slickpet/Drivers - both drivers), sound no problem and no crackled noise bug like other Linux distros (Ubuntu 14.04, Xubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12, Fedora 20), wireless works too. Everything worked out of the box and did a classic hard drive install.

Precise Puppy worked too, nouveau driver installed.
Last edited by navegante on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 01:22, edited 3 times in total.

navegante

browser scroll problem (workaround)

#2 Post by navegante »

The laptop is somewhat motherboard-crazy I guess. While booting it stops on the Vaio presentation screen till I press Shift or Enter. When it boots puppy (having passed Grub) it throws a lot of " ]]4 " all the time. Beeing in Slacko it scrolls down my browser to the end of the page and goes on scrolling crazy. To stop this behaviour I have to touch the Pg.up and the Pg.down key.

navegante

precise puppy working

#3 Post by navegante »

Precise Puppy workes too, nouveau video driver installed.

ardvark

Re: sony vaio vgn-fs415s

#4 Post by ardvark »

navegante wrote:I revived a sony vaio vgn-fs415s with slacko puppy 5.7. Both Nvidia and Mesa driver installed (slickpet/Drivers - both drivers), sound no problem and no crackled noise bug like other Linux distros (Ubuntu 14.04, Xubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12, Fedora 20), wireless works too. Everything worked out of the box and did a classic hard drive install.

Precise Puppy worked too, nouveau driver installed.
Cool, I'm glad it works well with no problems, except for the unusual bootup behavior. :)

Regards...
Our Lord and Savior [url=http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/]Jesus Christ[/url] loves and cares about you most of all!

PLEASE READ! You don't have to end up [url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/BillWiese_23MinutesInHell_Text.htm]here![/url]