Puppy (ver 2.01r2) and Email Clients (Sylpheed)

Using applications, configuring, problems
riccardo

Puppy (ver 2.01r2) and Email Clients (Sylpheed)

#1 Post by riccardo »

I shall begin by saying that puppylinux has really transformed this old celeron laptop. It is speed limited (300 MHz) and memory restricted (96 Meg). In an effort to use it I have tried a variety of linices ... including Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Kanotix, Xubuntu, DSL, and others. I only want a reliable machine to take away to my caravan and internet cafes ... with no special features - just web browsing (via wifi if possible), email facilities ... and something to store my digital photographs. Puppylinux runs very quickly ... and without hiccups!! I am really delighted!!

There is nothing that cannot be improved a little though and I have replaced the email client with sylpheed (taken as a dotpup). It works ... and I really have no problems ... but is there a more modern version which I can use? (You see I detest these elaborate modern mailers ... and my real delight is something simple like the old eudora ... or even kmail). Sylpheed is still current and it is fast/simple!

I updated the version of dillo (again using dotpups, etc) ...and it's almost able to be used without funny screens ... caused by others' code I guess! There's always "seamonkey"!!

I am delighted with puppylinux and it has displaced all others from my (small) hard drive.

riccardo
richard dot jenkins at internode dot on dot net