Canon MG5300 Series printer & canon_mg5300-3.60.pet

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
Beagleburt

#1 Post by Beagleburt »

I am using Lupu 5.2.8.6 on a Dell Dimension 3000 connected via USB to a Canon PIXMA MG5350. After I installed "canon_mg5300-3.60.pet", CUPS - (Ver.: 1.4.3) - installs it ok using: "Canon-mg5300 Series Ver. 3.60" driver. It will not print from a 'print-ready-version' of an email; also when I try to do a Maintenance "Print Test Page" it STOPS & the job dialogue says: "Empty print file!" Also when I try to do a "Print Self-Test Page", I get:

Print Self-Test Page Canon_MG5300_series Error
Unable to send command to printer driver!
Unsupported format 'application/vnd.cups-command'!

I have instaled; uninstalled; & re-installed several times but no joy. I also set printer as default server printer but that did not seem to do anything...?
I have unsuccessfully been trying to add the following as an attachment: "http://localhost:631/admin/log/error_log?" but I keep getting:"The Extension is not allowed" ? & when I clicked on "Allowed Extensions & Sizes", I get:

Allowed Extension Groups and their Sizes

Archives -> Maximum Upload Size: 0 Bytes (???!!!)
ace, bz2, gtar, gz, pet, pup, rar, tar, zip

Images -> Maximum Upload Size: 0 Bytes (???!!!)
gif, jpeg, jpg, png, tga, tif, xpm

It is nearly 03:30 am here in New Zealand & I am too tired to work it out...
Thank you in anticipation...

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

I ran some simulated tests of this driver in the original Lupu 528 and it appeared to be working.

In the Canon printer thread, there is a confirmed test of the driver with the actual printer.

So I am confident that the driver is OK. But I cannot comment on how it works in the updated versions of Lupu.

rcrsn51

#3 Post by rcrsn51 »

No reply? A good test procedure here would be to run a temporary clean install of a standard Puppy like Lupu 528 or Slacko 56. Install the driver and test the printer.

Beagleburt

#4 Post by Beagleburt »

Sorry about the delay...tried clean install of lupu 5.2.8 & canon mg5300-3.60.pet & printed test page ok. Thank you for advice! Remain puzzled as to why lupu 5.2.8.6 breaks printing? Kind regards, 'b'ye!
[b]"For we have not been given a spirit of fear, but a spirit of Power, of Love, and of a sound mind." - 2Tim. 1v7[/b]