Posted: Sat 16 Mar 2019, 05:46 Post subject:
Re: Fatdog64 - custom initrd Subject description: Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2, 0), when booting
When I boot Fatdog64 with custom initrd, I get the error (Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(2,0)).
- Fatdog64-700b1.iso is used as the base
- The building iso file operations are done on Ubuntu 14.04
- The bootable iso image is copied onto a 16GB DataTraveler G3
- The operations performed:
1. mkdir /mnt/iso
2. sudo mount -o loop /path/to/Fatdog64-700b1.iso /mnt/iso
3. cp -r /mnt/iso /path/to/Documents
4. mkdir /path/to/Documents/initrd
5. cd /path/to/Documents/initrd
6. cpio -i -vd < ../iso/initrd
7. rm ../initrd
8. find . -depth -print | cpio -o -H newc > ../initrd (NOTE: nothing is actually changed)
9. cd ..
10. xorriso -as mkisofs -o Fatdog64-test.iso -isohybrid-mbr /usr/lib/syslinux/isohdpfx.bin -c boot.catalog -b isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table iso
11. sudo dd if=./Fatdog64-test.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M (where /dev/sdb is the USB dongle)
13. Reboot the system to boot from the USB DataTraveler.
14. Get error (see the beginning)
I am new in the area. Any help is appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance.
I remastered Fatdog64 v8.00 ISO successfully. The steps I took are almost the same as yours. The difference is step 10.
Please try to replace your step 10 with the following 2 sub-steps.
10-1.mkisofs -iso-level 4 -D -R -o Fatdog64-test.iso -b isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table iso 10-2.isohybrid -u Fatdog64-test.iso
It is highly recommended for you to read /usr/sbin/fatdog-remaster.sh for detailed useful information.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum