tahrpup 6.0, 6.0.2 & 6.0.5 CE

Please post any bugs you have found
666philb

#316 Post by 666philb »

cheers charlie6

i've added a fix but it's a bit bodgy ... it launches alsamixer in a new rxvt window ... not sure why urxvt closes ... maybe keybindings
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

keyboard

Iron not running as spot..

#317 Post by keyboard »

I am new to puppy linux but I hope this counts as a bug because a lot of people helped to get around it and it took time for me to fix it. Iron does not runs as spot I also have posted the probable reasons:

refer:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 9&start=18

if it is possible please fix them.

thanks

keyboard

Resize of height doesn't works

#318 Post by keyboard »

Resize of height doesn't works of SFS downloader window.

Image is attached, how could one click the "ok" button ?

quick solution right click on title bar click "move" on the context menu, move it with arrow keys till you see okay button :)
Attachments
capture28911.png
(136.91 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

666philb

Re: Iron not running as spot..

#319 Post by 666philb »

keyboard wrote:I am new to puppy linux but I hope this counts as a bug because a lot of people helped to get around it and it took time for me to fix it. Iron does not runs as spot I also have posted the probable reasons:

refer:

thanks
hi keyboard,

the problem is that different browser .pets of the same browser can install in different locations. iron from quickpet installs to /usr/lib , the iron.deb from the website installs to /usr/share and one off the forum may install to /opt.
i'll look into it though.

as for 'sfsget' .... yes that window has gotten far too big! i'll probably be moving all the kernel-source.sfs to the same locations as the kernels which will solve the problem although a resizable gui would be nice ... any takers :)
in the mean time you can hold 'left alt' and move the window with the mouse
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

rcrsn51

#320 Post by rcrsn51 »

Removed.

totolanio

#321 Post by totolanio »

I use LxPup TAHR version (so it's like tahrpup)

Very important bugs I guess because they kill the whole benefit of puppy.

1)SHUTDOWN PROBLEM : The first time, no problem but the second shutdown = no terminal with "saving session" etc and then it shut down BUT the PC was still ON ! (the monitor automatically went to sleep though)
It happens all the time but the first shutdown. So maybe it's related to the savefile.

2)And when I restarted I lost all the new things I had done from the whole entire session. I guess it's not the first time it happens ! Maybe it's linked to the shutdown problem !
EDIT : I checked my savefile and it says it has been updated last today at 8PM but it's actually 4:40PM here haha, and my computer is showing this ! Anyway, in skype (which is bugging) it says it's 11:40PM so it means it's been
11.40 - 8 = 3.40 HOURS without saving. No idea why !
Using puppy on a live CD + savefile on USB stick in fat32
But apparently, it doesn't SAVE !! (However I guess it saves when you do a reboot)

3) And another thing, after some hours on puppy (lxpup tahr) it started to freeze regularly for a few seconds... Even after I closed a lot of the opened programs and my automatic save is set to every 60 minutes so it's not that.

Semme

#322 Post by Semme »

OK, FAT32. Which program handled the format? How about the stick.. who makes it? Model?

Have you given one of these a spin on that old hardware?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

dancytron

tiny bug - right click "unrar" doesn't work

#323 Post by dancytron »

When you right click on a *.rar file in rox, you get a choice "unrar". When you select unrar you get a message box which says "Warning: you must install Rar or Unrar application to extract this archive. Available as a download from rar developer."

However, if you right click and choose open with xarchive, you can extract the rar file.

So, either delete the "unrar" right click menu item or install rar. . .

bigpup

#324 Post by bigpup »

From this topic:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97341
keyboard wrote:I have downloaded blender 2.69.0 from sfsget of tharpup 6.1 , added it in the list of BootManager: SFS files.(after dev).

Rebooted and blender is still does not in the menu, however it runs by typing it from the terminal.

Code: Select all

#blender
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

666philb

#325 Post by 666philb »

thanks dancytron & bigpup

fixed

simes

Shtudown hangs if Samba share mounted (rc.shutdown script)

#326 Post by simes »

Sorry to say, an old problem seems to have been reintroduced in recent Puppies (not just tahrpup). The shutdown script hangs for about 5 mins if there is a Samba share mounted at the time. The current version of /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown has as the latest change, "#130217 01micko: relocate umount of network shares" (I quote this line just to identify the version, I'm not saying this change has caused the problem... but it might have!). I have have tried to read the code to correct the problem but not solved it yet - it is 696 lines long! Is anyone more familiar with rc.shutdown and able to help please?

rcrsn51

#327 Post by rcrsn51 »

@simes: How are you mounting these shares? By hand or using a Samba client tool?

simes

#328 Post by simes »

rcrsn51 wrote:@simes: How are you mounting these shares? By hand or using a Samba client tool?
Hello rcrsn51... I always mount the shares using YASSM. Thanks for your interest in this,

keyboard

Re: Iron not running as spot..

#329 Post by keyboard »

666philb wrote:
keyboard wrote:I am new to puppy linux but I hope this counts as a bug because a lot of people helped to get around it and it took time for me to fix it. Iron does not runs as spot I also have posted the probable reasons:

refer:

thanks
hi keyboard,

the problem is that different browser .pets of the same browser can install in different locations. iron from quickpet installs to /usr/lib , the iron.deb from the website installs to /usr/share and one off the forum may install to /opt.
i'll look into it though.

as for 'sfsget' .... yes that window has gotten far too big! i'll probably be moving all the kernel-source.sfs to the same locations as the kernels which will solve the problem although a resizable gui would be nice ... any takers :)
in the mean time you can hold 'left alt' and move the window with the mouse

Meh... I had a better solution, modified the script... because even you have moved the kernel-source.sfs (not sure, as I don't remember all the sfs files to check) the sfsget window was larger that the height of the screen and I couldn't even re-size it via mouse/touchpad.

Please add this updated sfsget (or similar) in your "bugfixes" section of the quickpet :)

also , there was a spelling error , in 95th line of the old sfsget script

echo "$SFS_REPOS0" > /tmp/petget_repos #used by /usr/local/pteget/testurls.sh
it should be petget not pteget in the comment which shows the path of testurls.sh

Hold on I am posting the new script... The script is long might not make it one post so posting it in another...
Attachments
capture2357.png
new sfsget
(143.52 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
capture27538.png
old sfsget
(170.36 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

keyboard

#330 Post by keyboard »

Hope I not violating any licences ..

#!/bin/sh
#(c) copyright Barry Kauler 2011, bkhome.org
#Licence 2011 GPL V3 (/usr/share/doc/legal)
#$1 is optional name of an sfs file passed on commandline, download it. ex: devx.sfs
#$1 optional prefix, sub-directory on the official download URL. ex: wary-5.2/devx.sfs
#110402 first version.
#110422 DISTRO_VERSION variable now has dotted format. note, also now using full dotted version# in puppy filenames.
#110813 bug fix, sfs file has '_' in name.
#120202 BK: internationalized.
#120204 more gettext.
#120224 bugfix for racy.
#120224 add slacko support.
#120323 replace 'xmessage' with 'pupmessage'.
#120325 add dir for precise sfs's.
#121025 add case retroprecise.
#121103 file DISTRO_SPECS now has variable DISTRO_DB_SUBNAME.
#130128 also exclude udf and audiocd.
#MODIFIED by - keyboard [MODIFIED ON - monday 19th jan 2015] [fixed gui for larger no. of sfs items]

export TEXTDOMAIN=sfsget
export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8

SFS_FILE=''; SFS_DIR=''
if [ $1 ];then
 [ "`echo "$1" | grep '\.sfs$'`" = "" ] && exit 1
 SFS_FILE="`basename $1`"
 SFS_DIR="dirname $1"
fi

. /etc/rc.d/PUPSTATE #has PUP_HOME
. /etc/DISTRO_SPECS #has DISTRO_BINARY_COMPAT, DISTRO_COMPAT_VERSION DISTRO_DB_SUBNAME
. /root/.packages/DISTRO_PET_REPOS #has PET_REPOS, PACKAGELISTS_PET_ORDER

if [ "`echo -n "$DISTRO_VERSION" | grep '\.'`" = "" ];then #110422
 #convert version to abreviated-dotted, ex1: 142 to 1.4.2  ex2: 150 to 1.5
 for ONECNT in 1 2 3
 do
  ONEDIGIT="`echo -n $DISTRO_VERSION | cut -c $ONECNT`"
  case $ONECNT in
   1)   DOTVER=$ONEDIGIT  ;;
   2)   DOTVER="${DOTVER}.${ONEDIGIT}"  ;;
   3)   [ "$ONEDIGIT" != "0" ] && DOTVER="${DOTVER}.${ONEDIGIT}"  ;;
  esac
 done
else
 DOTVER="$DISTRO_VERSION"
fi

#SFS_DIR0 is the release-dir, SFS_DIR1 as general collection of sfs's...
MAJNUM="`echo -n "$DOTVER" | cut -f 1 -d '.'`" #110422
case $DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX in
 qrky)
  x_REPOS="`echo -n "$PET_REPOS" | tr ' ' '\n' | grep '/quirky'`"
  SFS_DIR0="quirky-${DOTVER}"
  SFS_DIR1='sfs'
 ;;
 racy) #120224
  SFS_DIR0="racy-${DOTVER}"
  SFS_DIR1='sfs'
 ;;
 wary)
  SFS_DIR0="wary-${DOTVER}"
  SFS_DIR1='sfs'
 ;;
 lupu) #playdayz' Lucid Puppy
  x_REPOS="`echo -n "$PET_REPOS" | tr ' ' '\n' | grep -v '/quirky'`"
  SFS_DIR0="puppy-${DOTVER}"
  SFS_DIR1='pet-packages-lucid'
  SFS_DIR2="sfs_modules-${MAJNUM}"
 ;;
 fd64) #kirk's fatdog64
  x_REPOS="`echo -n "$PET_REPOS" | tr ' ' '\n' | grep '/fatdog'`"
  SFS_DIR0="sfs/${MAJNUM}00"
 ;;
 slacko) #01micko's spup
  SFS_DIR0="puppy-${DOTVER}"
  SFS_DIR1="pet_packages-${DISTRO_DB_SUBNAME}" #121103
 ;;
 *precise*) #Ubuntu Precise Pangolin 12.04. 121025 add retroprecise. 121103
  SFS_DIR0="${DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX}-${DOTVER}" #121103
 ;;
 *)
  SFS_DIR0="${DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX}-${DOTVER}" #121103
 ;;
esac
SFS_REPOS0="`echo -n "$x_REPOS" | tr -s ' ' | tr ' ' '\n' | sort --key=1 --field-separator="|" --unique | cut -f 1,2 -d '|'`"
#ex: ibiblio.org|http://distro.ibiblio.org//quirky
SFS_REPOS="`echo -n "$SFS_REPOS0" | tr '\n' ' '`"
echo "$SFS_REPOS0" > /tmp/petget_repos #used by /usr/local/pteget/testurls.sh

#probe remote site...
yaf-splash -placement center -bg yellow -close never -fontsize large -text "$(gettext 'Please wait, probing primary remote site...')" &
YPID=$!
echo -n '' > /tmp/sfsget-probe
echo -n '' > /tmp/sfsget-probe1
echo -n '' > /tmp/sfsget-probe2
xSFS_FILE="$SFS_FILE"
[ ! "$SFS_FILE" ] && xSFS_FILE='*.sfs'
PRIMARYREPO="`echo "$SFS_REPOS0" | grep 'distro\.ibiblio\.org' | head -n 1 | cut -f 2 -d '|'`"
if [ "$SFS_DIR" ];then
 SFS_DIR0="$SFS_DIR"
 wget -4 -t 2 -T 20 --waitretry=20 --spider --recursive --level=1 --accept "${xSFS_FILE}" -S ${PRIMARYREPO}/${SFS_DIR}/  2>&1 | grep '\.sfs$' | rev | cut -f 1 -d '/' | rev > /tmp/sfsget-probe
else
 wget -4 -t 2 -T 20 --waitretry=20 --spider --recursive --level=1 --accept "${xSFS_FILE}" -S ${PRIMARYREPO}/${SFS_DIR0}/  2>&1 | grep '\.sfs$' | rev | cut -f 1 -d '/' | rev > /tmp/sfsget-probe
 [ "$SFS_DIR1" ] && wget -4 -t 2 -T 20 --waitretry=20 --spider --recursive --level=1 --accept "${xSFS_FILE}" -S ${PRIMARYREPO}/${SFS_DIR1}/  2>&1 | grep '\.sfs$' | rev | cut -f 1 -d '/' | rev > /tmp/sfsget-probe1
 [ "$SFS_DIR2" ] && wget -4 -t 2 -T 20 --waitretry=20 --spider --recursive --level=1 --accept "${xSFS_FILE}" -S ${PRIMARYREPO}/${SFS_DIR2}/  2>&1 | grep '\.sfs$' | rev | cut -f 1 -d '/' | rev > /tmp/sfsget-probe2
fi
sync
kill $YPID

if [ ! -s /tmp/sfsget-probe ];then
 if [ ! -s /tmp/sfsget-probe1 ];then
  if [ ! -s /tmp/sfsget-probe2 ];then
   yaf-splash -placement center -bg red -close box -fontsize large -text "$(gettext 'Either your Internet connection is not working, or the primary repository is down. Aborting SFS Downloader')"
   exit 1
  fi
 fi
fi

if [ ! "$SFS_FILE" ];then
 #ask which sfs to download...
 SFSITEMS=''
 for ONESFS in `cat /tmp/sfsget-probe /tmp/sfsget-probe1 /tmp/sfsget-probe2 | sort -u | tr '\n' ' '`
 do
  SFSITEMS="${SFSITEMS}<item>${ONESFS}</item>"
 done
 export SFS_DIALOG="<window title=\"$(gettext 'SFS Downloader: choose file')\" icon-name=\"gtk-about\" window_position=\"1\">
 <vbox>
  <text><label>$(gettext 'Please choose an SFS file that you would like to download:')</label></text>
  <frame>
	<tree>
		<variable>SFSLISTS</variable>
			<label>Packages</label>
				${SFSITEMS}
			<width>500</width>
			<height>300</height>
	</tree>
  </frame>
  <hbox>
   <button ok></button>
   <button cancel></button>
  </hbox>
 </vbox>
 </window>"
 RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog3 --program=SFS_DIALOG`"
 [ "`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep '^EXIT' | grep 'OK'`" = "" ] && exit 1
 SFS_FILE="`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep 'RADIO_URL_' | grep '"true"' | cut -f 1 -d '=' | cut -f 3-9 -d '_'`" #110813 bug fix.
fi
[ "`grep "$SFS_FILE" /tmp/sfsget-probe`" != "" ] && SFS_DIR="$SFS_DIR0"
[ ! "$SFS_DIR" ] && [ "$SFS_DIR1" ] && [ "`grep "$SFS_FILE" /tmp/sfsget-probe1`" != "" ] && SFS_DIR="$SFS_DIR1"
[ ! "$SFS_DIR" ] && [ "$SFS_DIR2" ] && [ "`grep "$SFS_FILE" /tmp/sfsget-probe2`" != "" ] && SFS_DIR="$SFS_DIR2"

#decide where to download to...
#where the save-file is, or if PUPMODE=5 then ask...
DLPART=''; RUNBOOTMGR=''
if [ -L /mnt/home ];then
 DLMOUNT="/mnt/home"
 DLMOUNT1="`readlink /mnt/home`"
 REGEXd=" ${DLMOUNT1}$"
 DLPART="`df | grep "$REGEXd" | cut -f 1 -d ' ' | grep '/dev/' | cut -f 3 -d '/'`" #ex: sda1
fi
if [ "$DLPART" ];then
 RUNBOOTMGR='yes'
 cd $DLMOUNT
else
 DLPARTS="`probepart -m | grep -v -E 'none|iso9660|swap|udf|audiocd' | tr '\n' ' '`" #130128 also exclude udf and audiocd.
 DLBUTTONS=""
 [ "$DLPARTS" = "" ] && DLBUTTONS="<text use-markup=\"true\"><label>\"<b>$(gettext 'NO PARTITIONS FOUND')</b>\"</label></text>"
 for ONEDLSPEC in $DLPARTS
 do
  DEVNODE="`echo -n "$ONEDLSPEC" | cut -f 1 -d '|' | cut -f 3 -d '/'`"
  DEVFS="`echo -n "$ONEDLSPEC" | cut -f 2 -d '|'`"
  DEVSIZEM="`echo -n "$ONEDLSPEC" | cut -f 3 -d '|'`"
  DLBUTTONS="${DLBUTTONS}<radiobutton><label>${DEVNODE} $(gettext 'filesystem:') ${DEVFS} $(gettext 'size:') ${DEVSIZEM}MB</label><variable>RADIO_URL_${DEVNODE}</variable></radiobutton>"
 done
 export DL_DIALOG="<window title=\"$(gettext 'SFS Downloader: destination')\" icon-name=\"gtk-about\" window_position=\"1\">
 <vbox>
  <text><label>$(gettext 'This is a first boot of Puppy and you have not yet saved a session. You want to download') ${SFS_FILE}, $(gettext "and this needs to be downloaded to the same partition in which you will be creating the session save-file. Then, at next boot, Puppy will load the session and will also see the SFS file and be able to load that also (a 'zdrv' will load automatically, others need to be manually selected in te BootManager -- see System menu)")</label></text>
  <text><label>$(gettext 'Here is a list of suitable partitions. Whichever one you choose, at shutdown you will be asked to save the session and be sure to choose the same partition. Well, even if you download it to the wrong place, you can move it afterward! Click the one you want:')</label></text>
  <frame>
   ${DLBUTTONS}
  </frame>
  <hbox>
   <button ok></button>
   <button cancel></button>
  </hbox>
 </vbox>
 </window>"
 RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog3 --program=DL_DIALOG`"
 [ "`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep '^EXIT' | grep 'OK'`" = "" ] && exit 1
 DLPART="`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep 'RADIO_URL_' | grep '"true"' | cut -f 1 -d '=' | cut -f 3 -d '_'`"
 REGEXd="/dev/${DLPART} "
 DLMOUNT="`mount | grep "$REGEXd" | cut -f 3 -d ' '`"
 if [ "$DLMOUNT" = "" ];then
  mkdir -p /mnt/${DEVNODE}
  REGEXe="/dev/${DLPART}|"
  DLFS="`echo "$DLPARTS" | grep "$REGEXe" | cut -f 2 -d '|'`"
  mount -t $DLFS /dev/$DEVNODE /mnt/$DEVNODE
  if [ $? -ne 0 ];then
   pupmessage -bg red -center "$(gettext 'ERROR: Could not mount') /dev/${DEVNODE}, $(gettext 'aborting')"
   exit 1
  fi
  DLMOUNT="/mnt/$DEVNODE"
 fi
 cd $DLMOUNT
fi

REPOBUTTONS=""
for ONEREPOSPEC in $SFS_REPOS
do
 URL_TEST="`echo -n "$ONEREPOSPEC" | cut -f 1 -d '|'`"
 URL_FULL="`echo -n "$ONEREPOSPEC" | cut -f 2 -d '|'`"
 REPOBUTTONS="${REPOBUTTONS}<radiobutton><label>${URL_TEST}</label><variable>RADIO_URL_${URL_TEST}</variable></radiobutton>"
done

DLRET=1
while [ $DLRET -ne 0 ];do
 export DEPS_DIALOG="<window title=\"$(gettext 'SFS Downloader: host site')\" icon-name=\"gtk-about\" window_position=\"1\">
<vbox>
 <text><label>$(gettext 'You have chosen to download this SFS file:')</label></text>
 <text use-markup=\"true\"><label>\"<b>${SFS_FILE}</b>\"</label></text>
 <text><label>$(gettext 'It will be downloaded to the top-level (/) in partition') /dev/${DLPART}.</label></text>
 <text><label>$(gettext 'Please choose which URL you would like to download it from:')</label></text>

<frame>
  ${REPOBUTTONS}
 </frame>

<hbox>
  <button>
   <label>$(gettext 'Test URLs')</label>
   <action>/usr/local/petget/testurls.sh</action>
  </button>
  <button>
   <label>$(gettext 'Download SFS file')</label>
   <action type=\"exit\">BUTTON_SFS_DOWNLOAD</action>
  </button>
  <button cancel></button>
 </hbox>
</vbox>
</window>
" 
 RETPARAMS="`gtkdialog3 --program=DEPS_DIALOG`"

[ "`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep 'BUTTON_SFS_DOWNLOAD'`" = "" ] && exit 1

URL_BASIC="`echo "$RETPARAMS" | grep 'RADIO_URL_' | grep '"true"' | cut -f 1 -d '=' | cut -f 3 -d '_'`"
 DOWNLOADFROM="`cat /tmp/petget_repos | grep "$URL_BASIC" | head -n 1 | cut -f 2 -d '|'`"

####DOWNLOAD IT#####
 download_file ${DOWNLOADFROM}/${SFS_DIR}/${SFS_FILE}
 ####################

DLRET=$?
done #while loop

sfs_load /mnt/$DEVNODE/${SFS_FILE}

exit 0
###END###

keyboard

#331 Post by keyboard »

Love unix philosophy :D check the previous two posts from this one( my English is not that good so excuse me for it.)

rcrsn51

#332 Post by rcrsn51 »

simes wrote:I always mount the shares using YASSM.
YASSM has its own shutdown script /etc/init.d/rc.yassm. I checked and it's working.

What kind of Puppy install do you have?

What kind of shares are mounted? In what filesystems are they located?

What are the names of the shares that are not being unmounted?

666philb

#333 Post by 666philb »

hi keyboard,

thanks for working on this !

the script isn't working yet ... this is line at the end of the script

download_file ${DOWNLOADFROM}/${SFS_DIR}/${SFS_FILE}
your script passes this

http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/puppylinux/pet_packages-tahr/
when it should be this

http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/pub/os/Linux/distr/puppylinux/pet_packages-tahr/spotify-0.9.4_tahr_5.8.3.sfs
the value of ${SFS_FILE} is missing

rufwoof

#334 Post by rufwoof »

I have the same problem, for both PAE and non PAE versions : boot to black screen, ctl-alt-backspace and xorgwizard gives just the one option. Boot with nox and it locks up at the select country textual type menu

simes

#335 Post by simes »

rcrsn51 wrote:
simes wrote:I always mount the shares using YASSM.
YASSM has its own shutdown script /etc/init.d/rc.yassm. I checked and it's working.

What kind of Puppy install do you have?

What kind of shares are mounted? In what filesystems are they located?

What are the names of the shares that are not being unmounted?
Yes, the YASSM shutdown script is working. I don't think the problem is in YASSM. If I unmount my network shares first using YASSM, then shutdown is clean. However, the YASSM script isn't called by rc.shutdown, which issues its own umount commands. Obviously I have a workaround there, but I would prefer that rc.shutdown did the job cleanly.

Now something strange. Today I have installed the same Puppy version on a different PC and that shuts down cleanly using rc.shutdown even when the same shares are mounted. So there must be a difference in the two installations and I haven't yet worked out what it is. I need to do that first and if I can answer this problem myself I'll post it here.

BTW the Puppy installs are all frugal and the shares are all EXT2 drives.