Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 22:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
tahrpup 6.0.5 CE
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 27 of 117 [1748 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, ..., 115, 116, 117 Next
gyro

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec 2014, 14:24    Post subject:  

mavrothal wrote:
I would think that the simplest "solution" with the current "huge"-kernel implementation, is to keep building in modules as problems arise/reported.
Kind of poetic justice, making use of the thing that caused the problem, to fix the problem.

gyro
futwerk

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec 2014, 23:16    Post subject:  

new backgrounds.
tahrpup28,11f.jpg
 Description   https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ne1a0haxtmha3dr,51iyxelll94ftv7,8zpwd233vhp4uj4,t41ctc69d0d88cw,acj3nu2hj5119f6/shared
 Filesize   13.27 KB
 Viewed   1214 Time(s)

tahrpup28,11f.jpg

tahrpup20ba.jpg
 Description   https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ne1a0haxtmha3dr,51iyxelll94ftv7,8zpwd233vhp4uj4,t41ctc69d0d88cw,acj3nu2hj5119f6/shared
 Filesize   62.45 KB
 Viewed   1214 Time(s)

tahrpup20ba.jpg

tahrpup20b.jpg
 Filesize   56.79 KB
 Viewed   1208 Time(s)

tahrpup20b.jpg

pupjn16,8b.jpg
 Filesize   70.61 KB
 Viewed   1210 Time(s)

pupjn16,8b.jpg

Pelo

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan 2015, 01:57    Post subject: QT apps in tahrpup
Subject description: tahrpup 6.0.2.38 added to my jukebox, 61 was buggy (Arte)

I appreciate a lot polarpup QT (remasterized kernel 3.0.25 for wireless connection with my laptop)
Tahrpup seems to have everything needed for use of QT Apps.
tested OK
association suscribers for my soccer players in FC Nord 17 team
Lyx advanced text maker for scientist puppy . As i am not concerned, i was just to test. It's ok in first steps.Scientists would go further.
Chocolate if for spanish restaurants as spanish spoken. Latin language is easy for french speaking people. Not sure britannic citizen could read the menu of this restaurant. Chocolate won't help you for cooking, but for billing
Gramps not yet tested. Gramps is to register people died (but you can register alive people too) and their relationship (official or not).
Tahrpup bugs are listed in the forum. No need to list them in french one, i was idiot doing that. They are few.
pAVrecord runs well (don't forget activate retrovol for capture and micro).
clubs.jpg
 Description   this apps is really used in France by a judoka associations.
 Filesize   57.44 KB
 Viewed   1018 Time(s)

clubs.jpg

Last edited by Pelo on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 06:51; edited 1 time in total
mavrothal

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:11    Post subject:  

gyro wrote:
mavrothal wrote:
I would think that the simplest "solution" with the current "huge"-kernel implementation, is to keep building in modules as problems arise/reported.
Kind of poetic justice, making use of the thing that caused the problem, to fix the problem.

Very Happy

OK then,... here is a script for the less seasoned user that will automate the initrd modification using this init script, so it will load the zdrv, insert any needed modules before savefile/folder selection and unload everything before switching root.
Just download the attached script expand it, make it executable (if not) and run it from terminal (or just click on it but you'll not be able to see any errors, if there).

The original initrd.gz will be renamed to "initrd.gz.orig" so you can always delete the new one and reinstate the old one to its original glory.
A frugal install on an ext2-4 or vfat filesystem and an active internet connection is required for the script to work but not much more than that.

Make sure that you run this script from within the puppy you want to modify as it is designed to modify the initrd.gz of the currently running puppy.
mod_initrd_script.sh.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  mod_initrd_script.sh.gz 
Filesize  1.08 KB 
Downloaded  153 Time(s) 

Last edited by mavrothal on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 13:46; edited 1 time in total
gyro

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan 2015, 13:39    Post subject:  

mavrothal wrote:
gyro wrote:
mavrothal wrote:

Very Happy

OK then,... here is a script for the less seasoned user that will automate the initrd modification using this init script, so it will load the zdrv, insert any needed modules before savefile/folder selection and unload everything before switching root.
Sorry, I did not read this clearly.
What I am suggesting is that we don't patch the 'init' script, but rather recompile the kernel to change any missing module to be built-in to the kernel, every time someone reports a missing module. Since it is so easy to modify puppy to use a new kernel now.

gyro
mavrothal

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan 2015, 13:49    Post subject:  

gyro wrote:
Sorry, I did not read this clearly.
What I am suggesting is that we don't patch the 'init' script, but rather recompile the kernel to change any missing module to be built-in to the kernel, every time someone reports a missing module. Since it is so easy to modify puppy to use a new kernel now.

Oh well, is done now.
See it as an added test to verify that some missing module is the problem.
Besides, replacing/rebuilding the kernel might not be everyone's cup of tee. Very Happy

caiosama

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan 2015, 14:32    Post subject:  

Hi!

Im using Puppy since 2013, with the Pupijbaro remaster in an old Dell (live usb), and Precise 5.7.1 (full) in an old (but like new) Asus EEEpc 701, (1GB RAM) it works beautiful.

Suddenly, Frisbee was broken , and i cannot longer anymore connect to my wifi. I decide to give a chance to the new Tharpup 6.0 Non PAE, full instalation too, and it works beautiful. I have installed Conky, Tint2, Libreoffice and some of my favorite pets without troubles, but i have two questions:

- The video driver im using now is the modesetting. The Precise (non Retro) recognize my old Intel GMA. Can i install the correct drivers in this Tharpup?

- I suggest to add to the Quickpet, the GTK Youtube Viewer, great app.

Cheers from Chile to all the Puppy Team, you rock!
gyro

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan 2015, 15:31    Post subject:  

mavrothal wrote:
Besides, replacing/rebuilding the kernel might not be everyone's cup of tee. Very Happy
I thought that the whole point of the new kernel method was to make it very easy to install a different kernel.
And the maintainer should be able to easily provide a new kernel for download by those who have the problem. Just change an 'm' to a 'y' in the DOTconfig file.
(Oh, an then have a cup of tea, while the kernel is compiled.)

gyro
smokey01

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan 2015, 17:23    Post subject:    

I've been using tahrpup-6.0 for a couple of weeks now and I must say I'm quite impressed with it's responsiveness and choice of apps. For the few that I like that are not included or are not in the PPM I have put them on my site here.
Well done team.

bigpup

PostPosted: Fri 02 Jan 2015, 17:56    Post subject:  

caiosama wrote:
Hi!
The video driver im using now is the modesetting. The Precise (non Retro) recognize my old Intel GMA. Can i install the correct drivers in this Tharpup?

You probably are using the correct Intel driver.
The modesetting is something required with the newer Linux kernels.

To see what driver is being used.
Go to menu->System->Pup-Sysinfo->Devices->Display->Summary

GeraSats

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan 2015, 06:32    Post subject:  

For use as a logo LXDE
0logo1.png
 Description   
 Filesize   9.54 KB
 Viewed   703 Time(s)

0logo1.png

caiosama

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan 2015, 11:43    Post subject:  

bigpup wrote:
caiosama wrote:
Hi!
The video driver im using now is the modesetting. The Precise (non Retro) recognize my old Intel GMA. Can i install the correct drivers in this Tharpup?

You probably are using the correct Intel driver.
The modesetting is something required with the newer Linux kernels.

To see what driver is being used.
Go to menu->System->Pup-Sysinfo->Devices->Display->Summary

Thank you bigpup!

The driver was correct!

Last edited by caiosama on Sat 03 Jan 2015, 18:07; edited 1 time in total
eowens2

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan 2015, 13:05    Post subject:  

I am just trying out Tahrpup 6.0 for the first time, and it looks like a great distro. Thanks to all who have invested their time and energies into making it happen!

Now a newbie question.

Using Quickpet, I have installed Google Chrome; it appears in the "Interrnet" menu, and is working well.

But when I click on "browse" on the desktop, the system still wants to exec "palemoon". How can I link "Chrome" to the "browse" icon as the default browser?
Terry H

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan 2015, 13:35    Post subject:  

eowens2 wrote:
I am just trying out Tahrpup 6.0 for the first time, and it looks like a great distro. Thanks to all who have invested their time and energies into making it happen!

Now a newbie question.

Using Quickpet, I have installed Google Chrome; it appears in the "Interrnet" menu, and is working well.

But when I click on "browse" on the desktop, the system still wants to exec "palemoon". How can I link "Chrome" to the "browse" icon as the default browser?

Right click on the desktop icon and select 'open as text' option. Then change palemoon to chromium (or chrome, depending on which you have installed). Save change. The icon should open chromium now.
666philb

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jan 2015, 13:47    Post subject:  

menu>>>setup>>>default application chooser
Page 27 of 117 [1748 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, ..., 115, 116, 117 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: