Fatdog64-700 beta2 [Closed]

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
SFR

#436 Post by SFR »

jamesbond wrote:export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1
Yeah, this was it, I remember now!
Slacko-5.7 doesn't have this option at all in /usr/local/bin/rox and I don't recall any other problems with ROX there.
Anyway, I'll be also using ROX-Filer without this from now on in FD and we'll see...

Thanks &
Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

fatdog

#437 Post by fatdog »

SFR wrote:Slacko-5.7 doesn't have this option at all in /usr/local/bin/rox and I don't recall any other problems with ROX there.
Anyway, I'll be also using ROX-Filer without this from now on in FD and we'll see...
Ah, now that you confirms it, and people have been using Slacko 5.7 for donkey years now, it should be okay. Anyway, it's too late for "rc", it will go for final.

"rc" thread: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97713
-= The Fatdog Team (kirk, jamesbond, SFR and step) =-
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=794748#794748]Contributed Fatdog64 packages thread[/url]
This account is used for announcements only. Send PM directly to members' handle.

DrDeaf

#438 Post by DrDeaf »

Ted Dog wrote:@drdeaf my no install boot metbod works on a large sdcard 32G fat-of-sometype and doesn't require any reformating of factory usb or sdcards.
Thanks Ted Dog. The 32GB SD cards and smaller use FAT32 generally and that is not a problem. Microsoft lined up all the camera mfg. to use MS proprietary exFAT on 64GB and larger when used in cameras. I was unable to make exFAT work for FD630.
(note that it works great so far with FD700rc)

Like you, I boot from a (locked) 32GB SD card and am very happy with that!
Cheers!

DrDeaf

#439 Post by DrDeaf »

8Geee wrote:exFAT is propietary and patented by Microsoft. Many hoops to jump through.
IIRC FUSE can help with this.
Thanks 8Geee. I was unable to make FUSE work (for me anyway) with FD630. However, I am happy to report that with the exFAT tool installed from the repo, FD700rc appears to work great!
Cheers!

Semme

#440 Post by Semme »

Pardon me gentlemen but, is there any reason TeamViewer 10 doesn't work out of the box?

Having tried both squash pkgs, the error states: "InitProfile failed"

The logfile:

Code: Select all

/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/tvw_exec: line 32: /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/wine/bin/wineserver: No such file or directory
/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/tvw_profile: line 124: /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/wine/bin/wine: No such file or directory
As the referenced files exist in the locations stated, where's the holdup?

And no, haven't been able to fire the daemon.. Not even after a reboot.

Surely the fix can't be much..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<