Motion detector for Wary 5.3

Antivirus, forensics, intrusion detection, cryptography, etc.
watchdog

Motion detector for Wary 5.3

#1 Post by watchdog »

I share my motion compiled in wary 5.3 from a source snapshot of January 2012. Install the package and open with geany /usr/local/etc/motion-dist.conf: disable sql by inserting ";" at the begin of the lines with sql config data, disable SDL, disable saving process id, set on daemon mode, modify what you need and save the file in the same location with name motion.conf. To launch motion open a terminal and type:

motion

To kill the process:

ps|grep motion
kill "pid-of-motion"

Recording in /usr/local/apache2/cam1.
With some webcams you need libv4l or v4l-utils and you must launch motion in one of the following ways:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so motion

or

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so motion

Report your testing.

watchdog

Motion for wary 5.5

#2 Post by watchdog »

I have newly compiled motion for wary 5.5. In wary 5.3.92 I had to revert to ffmpeg of wary 5.3 that's to say I have installed ffmpeg-20111002-w5c.pet and ffmpeg_DEV-20111002-w5c.pet from repository:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/pet_packages-wary5/

I have realized that in wary 5.5 BK recompiled ffmpeg and now the following pets will work without reverting to ffmpeg of wary 5.3.

Follow the same instructions of the first post.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9iMb4U ... sp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9iMb4U ... sp=sharing

greengeek

#3 Post by greengeek »

Hi watchdog - what is the purpose of 'motion' please? I am starting to get interested in using puppy for camera surveillance/recording and stumbled across this thread.

watchdog

#4 Post by watchdog »

greengeek wrote:Hi watchdog - what is the purpose of 'motion' please? I am starting to get interested in using puppy for camera surveillance/recording and stumbled across this thread.
You can continuosly record your webcam by guvcview for surveillance purpouse but you should need much memory. Motion records your webcam only when the picture changes capturing movement in single pics and in a short avi of the movement reducing the memory need. You can set the recording dir outside the savefile for long recordings. You can see your webcam in the browser at localhost:8081. You can remotely see the recording: I use this way.

greengeek

#5 Post by greengeek »

Nice. This seems to work well (I'm using the slacko 5.6 version from the other thread). It seems to record for about 10 seconds after the last pixel change, then sits idle if no more pixel changes, then starts recording once more if pixels start changing again. Very clever.

watchdog

#6 Post by watchdog »