EasyOS 2.3RC

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
MerlinW

EasyOS 2.3RC

#1 Post by MerlinW »

I downloaded the last version EasyOS 2.3RC for testers and installed it on an 8GB Sandisk flash Drive. I then rebooted the laptop and everything went as expected. I added a USB Bluteooth adapter to the laptop. It was
recognized and found my Bluetooth stereo speakers. I then changed the background to a custom one that I would recognize. I used Seamonkey to open a youtube video to verify everything. I then shut the laptop down and moved the flash drive to three other laptops and one desktop. As far as I can tell everything worked as expected.

The laptops were:
1. Lenovo T60 1952-BQ5. Intel Graphics Native Screen resolution 1400 X 1050 no extra steps required to get a working Screen.

2. Lenovo T60 2623-D6u ATI Graphics. The Graphics chip was not immediately recognized, but xorgwizard and the MORE choice got everything working after a reboot at 1280 X 1024 video resolution. Native Screen resolution 1400 X 1050.

3. Lenovo T400 Intel graphics Native Screen Resolution 1280 X 800

4. Lenovo T410 2537-LY3 Intel Graphics Native Screen Resolution 1280 X 800

5. Hewlett Packard Pavalion a6600f with a Foxconn Napa Motherboard and an Nvidia GeForce chipset. The native resolution is 1600 x 900. Again the Graphics chip was not immediately recognized, but xorgwizard and the MORE choice got everything working after a reboot at 1600 x 900 video resolution.
It has been my experience that finding the correct drivers for old hardware is always an interesting experience.

All of the laptops are capable of running Piriforms Speccy, so, further specs are available.

Merlin