Quickpet Small missing from servicepack

Please post any bugs you have found
Esenicki

Quickpet Small missing from servicepack

#1 Post by Esenicki »

Just ran Quickpet bug fixes, installed servicepack and found Quickpet small missing? not working? Any fixes available? I need it because I run this on a notebook. Thanks.

666philb

#2 Post by 666philb »

hi Esenicki,

not sure why that happened .... the attached .pet should fix it
Attachments
quickpet_fix.pet
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

Esenicki

quickpet_fix pet

#3 Post by Esenicki »

Installed quickpet_fix pet and still get same error when clicking on desktop icon. Failed to execute child process "quickpet" (Input/output error). This happened when I originally selected small version. Quickpet now gives this error. If I run the executable from from the directory selecting small now doesn't change to small.

File doesn't exist, or I can't access it: /usr/local/quickpet_precise/small/quickpet error clickingonthis file.

I hope this helps you figure it out.

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Input/output errors aren't good. Does this command dump output or throw an error?

Code: Select all

du -h /tmp
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Esenicki

#5 Post by Esenicki »

du -h /tmp dumps output

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

This a hard drive install or save file? Which file system's in place?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Esenicki

#7 Post by Esenicki »

save file...tahrsave-xxx.4fs. started with puppy_tahr.5.8.4.sfs...upgraded to 6.0, upgrading to ?6.1? is the problem. Not sure what else to tell you. Quickpet works in full size mode..doesn't seem to be a small version anymore is how it looks to me. Don't know how it's supposed to work...ony guessing.

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

And you can continue ta'guess till yer blue in da'face. Four days later >> you're SOL!