Full USB encryption?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Newbie33

Full USB encryption?

#1 Post by Newbie33 »

Hi, I no longer trust trucrypt as I read a few months ago that it could be compromised.

I've been playing around with some encryption apps.
However I have yet to find an app or pet that can encrypt a full USB pen-drive that is used exclusively for data storage. (in this case doc. files.

I use the separate disk to hold business account details as well as a number of PDF files which hold schematics.
since I'm not very good at remembering passwords. I was hoping there would be a pet or app that would encrypt the USB pen with the use of key files.

Is this possible? and does anyone know if this has been done before?

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Asking for full may be limiting your choices.

This article covers a few possibilites. And if not the whole drive, but select folders, Peazip might fit the bill.
eCryptfs is widely used, as the basis for Ubuntu's Encrypted Home Directory, natively within Google's ChromeOS, and transparently embedded in several network attached storage (NAS) devices.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<