Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 15:59
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Slimjet web browser
Page 9 of 9 [124 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9
Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul 2017, 09:08    Post subject:  

Hi, Oscar.

Yes, that works nicely. I now have my remote copy of SlimJet (currently 15.0.2.0) running in all Pups in the kennel.

I just did what Phil suggested. I have the script open in one window, and my extracted tarball of 'Slimmie' open in another.. Drag the binary across, 'drop' it on the script. All done.

And the same 'trick' works for Iron, too! (Which is hardly surprising...)

I think you're right about libudev. Initially, I'd tried with this still in place a few days ago, before your last post, and.....it didn't want to know. So I've removed it, after performing the BBE-script trick; runs a treat now. Thanks for the tip.

(And there is a LOT less crud in the terminal.)

Under normal circumstances, I'd use your 32-bit packages anyway.....but with having such a convoluted set-up, running multiple sym-linked apps from a remote partition, it really is simpler (for me) to just extract the downloaded tarball, swap 'em over, then perform the mods 'in situ'. But,again:-

.....thanks for the tip!

(davids45 has got a lot to answer for; but his method for running sym-linked apps remotely is a life saver for me. Running the same set of apps in at least 10 different Pups, it'd just be crazy to install every one of 'em 10 times..!)

Cheers.

Mike. Wink

Marv

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul 2017, 13:42    Post subject:  

Version 15.0.3.0 (from OscarTalks SFS) running well in LxPupSx 17.07.24, LxPupXenial (XenialPup 7.0.8.1 based), and X-Slacko 4.2. SFS in the Grub4Dos boot directory, shared by all, and the profile in my EXT2 data partition with symlinks in the various pups. No cruft at all in terminal!

Edit: Updated to 15.0.4.0 using OscarTalks i686 SFS on my all intel i5 laptop (Fujitsu S761) running LxPupSc 17.08.21. No issues noted. Also checked in X-Slacko 4.2, X-Tahr-2.0 and LxPupXenial 17.06.1 on that laptop. Starts and runs fine in all.

Edit: Now updated (08/20/2017) to Version 15.1.0.0 on the S761 laptop per above but now running LxPupSc 17.08.23. Also 15.0.4.0 i686 SFS is now running full time on an intel Bay Trail (J1900 CPU) desktop box running X-Slacko 4.3. No issues noted on either.

Thanks,

Pups currently in kennel Very Happy X-slacko 4.4 and X-tahr 2.0 for my users; LxPupSc,LxPupXenial & XFCE_XenialPup64 for me. All good pups indeed, and all running browsers, office etc. solely from SFS.
Marv

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct 2017, 21:22    Post subject:  

Bump: 10/16/2017. Now running Version 15.1.5.0 on the SS761 laptop, both in ZestyPup 17.10.13 and in LxPupSc 17.10.22. Runs well in both, using it as the default browser across the board. Twas an edit but I wanted you to know someone appreciates your SFS over time. Download link here

Thanks again.. and again,

Pups currently in kennel Very Happy X-slacko 4.4 and X-tahr 2.0 for my users; LxPupSc,LxPupXenial & XFCE_XenialPup64 for me. All good pups indeed, and all running browsers, office etc. solely from SFS.
roadkill13

PostPosted: Mon 23 Oct 2017, 00:45    Post subject:  

@marv

Quote:
Bump: 10/16/2017. Now running Version 15.1.5.0 on the SS761 laptop, both in ZestyPup 17.10.13 and in LxPupSc 17.10.22. Runs well in both, using it as the default browser across the board. Twas an edit but I wanted you to know someone appreciates your SFS over time. Download link here

Thanks again.. and again,

Thanks for the heads up.

@OscarTalks

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...

Running quite well in Musher0's xenial 7.06 derivative.
Page 9 of 9 [124 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: