Teamviewer 11

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
cimarron

#16 Post by cimarron »

Teamviewer 11 beta is available for testing. I put together an SFS if anyone wants to try it (it's basically the tar.xz version with a menu entry added):

[Downloads in first post]

It worked fine in my initial tests, and was able to keep all my settings from version 10. Much faster (also significantly larger). More info here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/currentversion.aspx
Last edited by cimarron on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

gjuhasz

Replaced wine 1.6 with wine 1.7 in teamviewer

#17 Post by gjuhasz »

I found that the official TeamViewer packages include wine 1.6 libs while Puli supports wine 1.7.21.

To mitigate this, I assembled teamviewer-11w17.pet with wine 1.7.21 modules.

Tested successfully in Puli - both in "standalone mode" and also when wine 1.7.21 package is co-installed. Probably work in other puppies, too.

Uploaded to http://www.smokey01.com/gjuhasz/packages

The teamviewer-10w17.pet and wine_puli_wdt-1.7.21.pet packages are available at the same URL

See Puli at http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=96964

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz

cimarron

#18 Post by cimarron »

That's interesting. Do the wine components included in Teamviewer (which are all located in /opt/teamviewer) interact with any other wine components that might be installed in the system?

It looks pretty self-contained to me. But I don't have wine installed separately.

tlchost

#19 Post by tlchost »

cimarron wrote:That's interesting. Do the wine components included in Teamviewer (which are all located in /opt/teamviewer) interact with any other wine components that might be installed in the system?
I am using wine 1,41 and find the wine components in the teamviewer sfs
conflict with the ones on my system...so I replaced the ones in teamviewer with the ones in wine 1.41

Does the 11 teamviewer communicate with the 10 version...in the past, one needed to update all the teamviewers on different systems to match.

cimarron

#20 Post by cimarron »

In my experience, newer versions of Teamviewer can run a remote computer with an older version of Teamviewer on it, but not the other way around.

I was able to use Teamviewer 11 on Puppy to operate a remote Windows computer with Teamviewer 10 (then updated that one remotely).

cimarron

#21 Post by cimarron »

Found this in another thread, posted by CatDude:
To get around the clash of the different wine versions (with regard to TV10), i use a launcher script:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/wine/lib"
cd /opt/teamviewer
./teamviewer
So I've updated my Teamviewer 11 SFS to use this launcher script (/usr/bin/teamviewer):

#!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/wine/lib"
cd /opt/teamviewer
./teamviewer

sleep 5
pkill -9 teamviewer

exit 0
It incorporates CatDudes code to prevent conflicts with installed wine components (in case they are a different version) and also kills any remaining Teamviewer processes when Teamviewer is closed. I noticed sometimes a process remains (in TV11, TVGuiSlave) that prevents unloading the SFS.

Seems to work. I'd appreciate anyone with wine installed (other than version 1.6) to test if this does indeed solve the conflict problem.
Last edited by cimarron on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:03, edited 4 times in total.

step

#22 Post by step »

I didn't test your sfs, I'm using Fatdog64, but I did have a conflict, and following your method solved it. Thanks.
I have wine 1.8_rc1 installed and TV11. I download the TV archive, unpack it in a folder and run it directly from there. This is the script I use to start TV:

#!/bin/sh 

here="$(readlink -f "${0%/*}")" 
exec env LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${here}/tv_bin/wine/lib" "${here}/teamviewer"

[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Fatdog64-810[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/hqZtiB]+Packages[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/6dbEzT]Kodi[/url]|[url=http://goo.gl/JQC4Vz]gtkmenuplus[/url]

tlchost

#23 Post by tlchost »

The updated teamviewer11 sfs does not load correctly in Tahr 6.02....it appears to load, but does not show up in /opt/

I am running a bootable usb with 16 gigs of memory.

cimarron

#24 Post by cimarron »

Can anyone else confirm the problem loading the Teamviewer 11 SFS? It loads fine in Precise.

EDIT: I just downloaded Tahr 6.0.2 and tried it and the SFS loaded and ran properly. Are you maybe using a savefile in which you previously deleted the Teamviewer directory from /opt? You could try booting without using a savefile then loading the SFS to test if the savefile is the problem.

tlchost

#25 Post by tlchost »

cimarron wrote:Can anyone else confirm the problem loading the Teamviewer 11 SFS? It loads fine in Precise.

EDIT: I just downloaded Tahr 6.0.2 and tried it and the SFS loaded and ran properly. Are you maybe using a savefile in which you previously deleted the Teamviewer directory from /opt? You could try booting without using a savefile then loading the SFS to test if the savefile is the problem.
What version of Wine did you install for your test?

cimarron

#26 Post by cimarron »

I didn't install wine on Tahr. I was just testing if the SFS loaded properly. The startup script in the SFS should make it use the wine 1.6 included in Teamviewer (instead of using any wine libraries already installed in your system).

EDIT: I installed Wine 1.4.1 as a test, and Teamviewer would not start without the new startup script above (apparently due to the Wine conflict). But when I used the startup script, Teamviewer started successfully. So it seems the new SFS does avoid Wine version conflicts.

cimarron

#27 Post by cimarron »

Teamviewer 11 is out of beta now. Updated SFS and .pet in first post.
Last edited by cimarron on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

cimarron

#28 Post by cimarron »

Teamviewer 11 SFS updated to version 11.0.53191 in first post.

Mike Walsh

#29 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Cimarron.

Thank you very much for the Teamviewer 11 SFS. It's enabled me to update from Teamviewer 9, which I've been using for almost 2 years now.

I've tried updating with other people's packages, but they always fail to actually work; possibly because I always run WINE in all my PUPS. This one, however, loads and runs first time, without hassle.

Running in Tahr 6.05. Precise 5.7.1, Slacko 5.7.0, Lucid 5.2.8.7, ETP's Chromebook Pup (v.1).....and rg66's X-Slacko 2.3.2.

Cheers!

Mike. :wink: