Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 23 Oct 2018, 01:04
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Next Puppy Development
Do we really need a NEXT PUPPY ?
Page 3 of 3 [35 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
LazY Puppy

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb 2015, 00:07    Post subject:  

slavvo67 wrote:
The only complaint that I have is that you have to choose each file individually to add (one at a time) instead of using something like the old CTRL and left click to highlight and add multiple files at once.

In PaDS 1.0.4 you can put all .deb, .pet and .txz Files into a Directory and do a right-click onto this Directory.
Then choose Combine to SFS or Merge to SFS (can't remember exactly). Pretty easy!

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) Laughing

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! Wink
slavvo67

PostPosted: Wed 11 Feb 2015, 00:24    Post subject:  

Thanks RSH. This is one of your creations, I guess. Good stuff.

Best,

Slavvo67
hamoudoudou

PostPosted: Thu 10 May 2018, 03:41    Post subject: devs need a NEXT PUPPY  

combine SFS with pads . SFS is in the charts of Popularity
The few programming lessons i had when i was young was to verify if what you need was not yet existing. If not, then first take a sheet of paper and your pencil and order things to do
draw the program graphically by yes and no knots

What is somewhere forgoten, is the need to make his program, because even if a program exists, dev needs to try to develop something.. he will try again his personal process For storming his brain.
Why do you make your wine as you can buy a bottle at the grocer's ? Because i like it.. It can be worse, the same.. even better.. the reason is because i like to make wine.
Of course it would be better to check what people ask, and try to satisfy them.. But people ask for boring process as bluetooth ...
rockedge

PostPosted: Thu 10 May 2018, 11:35    Post subject:  

I just found a new use for UPUP 3.9.9.2 Raring.... as is basically.....I need a machine capable of streaming a camera to the internet 24/7....the one we have used for the last 5 years is an IBM T-42 from around 2002-2005 which ran Tahr 6.0.5 and ZoneMinder non-stop from 2012 until a few days ago when the cooling fan failed. This will be replaced but in the mean time....a 2002 Dell C610 with a Pentium III and 256 megs of RAM is pulled out of storage and fired up, installed UPUP 3.9.9.2 which runs beautifully on this system...some adjustment to the PPM and bang installed Apache 2.2 Mysql and PHP 5.6 and the devx as an SFS....added zoneminder 1.26.5 (old version) and INADYN as the dynamic IP updater......running now streaming away almost better than some of the newest similar setups. No changes needed at all.......no updates coming nor needed in this case. Just an old machine running an OS that fits it's specs....just like the big boys...we're not peeing with the Puppies but running with the pack.......
nosystemdthanks

PostPosted: Thu 10 May 2018, 13:07    Post subject:  

Quote:
Why do you make your wine as you can buy a bottle at the grocer's ? Because i like it.. It can be worse, the same.. even better.. the reason is because i like to make wine.

<3 this.
Page 3 of 3 [35 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects » Next Puppy Development
Jump to: