Gadmin not starting

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
cvfs

Gadmin not starting

#1 Post by cvfs »

I have installed GADMIN-OPEN-VPN client and it correctly appears in the menu under NETWORK. However, when I click on it nothing happens. I have also installed OPENVPN but it does not appear and I do not know how to locate it.
I am on Puppy Thar 6.0.
Thank you for any help you may offer.
Carlo

shadow of viper`

#2 Post by shadow of viper` »

Hi Carlo,

I haven't used any VPN on puppy till date

What happens when you run the VPN client from command line?

cvfs

#3 Post by cvfs »

Hello "Shadow",
thank you for your reply. Please note that I am no expert here although I am trying to learn.
I did install the VPN client and I then find it in the menu, but when I click on it nothing happens. I cannot try from the terminal because I cannot locate the file (where it has been installed).
I abandoned the idea to use Gadmin-openvpn and went to OAST Vpn as suggested by HideMyAss website (http://wiki.hidemyass.com/OAST_OpenVPN_GUI).This is because I have an account with HMA and they offer easy-to-use configuration files (opvn format). After a couple of mistakes, I was able to install the client. However, it does not seem to find the connection to the internet, while I am normally surfing. I think I am missing something or I need to change some parameters about the connection, but I have no idea where to start. Please note that the client does not connect to the internet, even before importing the configuration files.
Would you be able to suggest a solution?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Carlo

shadow of viper` wrote:Hi Carlo,

I haven't used any VPN on puppy till date

What happens when you run the VPN client from command line?
Attachments
capture8109.png
(162.79 KiB) Downloaded 385 times

shadow of viper`

#4 Post by shadow of viper` »

Hi Carlo,

I am afraid i cannot offer any advice on any VPN stuff
I have also installed OPENVPN but it does not appear and I do not know how to locate it
I have not used Puppy Tahr 6.0 either, so i do not know which window manager it uses

However, on a couple of instances i found myself in a situation similar to yours
I had installed some piece of software which had a non-functional menu entry
I had to dig up the executable from the menu configuration file (jwm-config or icewm config etc) and run that executable from command line as a starting point for my investigation

Hope this helps at least a bit
Let us wait until some one with more expertise can pitch in

Semme

#5 Post by Semme »

Carlo, get rid of that stuff and take the direct route. I gather you've *paid* for their service, correct?
Attachments
hma-openvpn-script-1.jpg
(48.15 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
hma-openvpn-script-2.jpg
(49.59 KiB) Downloaded 389 times

cvfs

#6 Post by cvfs »

Hello Semme, thank you for your reply and sorry for the delay in answering. I did not get any notice that there was a reply.
Getting to your point, to be honest, I am a little "shy" with scripts. In any case I have followed your suggestions and got an error message about "tokens". Any idea?
Thank you again
Carlo
Attachments
capture5749.png
(22.48 KiB) Downloaded 394 times

cvfs

#7 Post by cvfs »

cvfs wrote:Hello Semme, thank you for your reply and sorry for the delay in answering. I did not get any notice that there was a reply.
Getting to your point, to be honest, I am a little "shy" with scripts. In any case I have followed your suggestions and got an error message about "tokens". Any idea?
Thank you again
Carlo

Any answer? :roll:

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

Well, you PAY for their service. Assuming you've done the right thing and opened a request, what did they suggest?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

cvfs

#9 Post by cvfs »

Semme wrote:Well, you PAY for their service. Assuming you've done the right thing and opened a request, what did they suggest?
Thank you Semme,
I have not opened a request with them, as I assumed the problem was in the connection. I will ask them and let you know. For the time being thank you for your help.
Carlo

Semme

#10 Post by Semme »

But it IS the connection that's in question. If submitted today you should have something to work with by tmrw.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Semme

#11 Post by Semme »

:D <foot-tap'n-smiley-here>