VIDCUTTER

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
fabrice_035

VIDCUTTER

#1 Post by fabrice_035 »

Hi,

Anyone can compile Vidcutter for puppy plz ?

https://github.com/ozmartian/vidcutter

Regard
Bionicpup64-8.0 _ Kernel 5.4.27-64oz _ Asus Rog GL752

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

What Puppy version?
Do you want it for Xenialpup 7.5 the 32bit version?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ bigpup:-

Nah, 32-bit's a no-go for this, mate. Has been since v4.0.0, a couple of years back. It's 64-bit only, now. (And it uses Qt5, which I do not get on with. Personally, I gave up on this a while back....)

Ozmartian is concentrating on the Snaps & FlatPaks. The only other available port for Linux, the AppImage, hasn't worked properly under Puppy for quite a while.

------------------------------

@ fabrice_035:-

Have you tried the AppImage?

Current release is up to version 6.0.0. I used to have version 4.0.0 running quite happily in Tahrpup64, but ever since version 4.0.0. subsequent versions have refused to play ball.

You may have more luck with it than I have; it's Qt5-based, and Qt5 and I do not see 'eye-to-eye'. Instead, I now use the Electron-based LosslessCut. It may not look as 'fancy' as VidCutter, but to my way of thinking it's more effective:-

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=112245

Releases at Github:-

https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut/releases

labbe5 found it, initially. We did some experimenting with the v1.0.0 release; that ran quite happily. I then experimented with the 1.10.0 release, which refused to even start...

From 2.2.0 onwards, it's gone 64-bit only. I've just tried out v2.1.0, which is the final 32-bit release of this app for Linux, in Bionicpup32. It fires up with no issues.

I highly recommend this, because it has a very easy-to-follow GUI. You can either open a video file with the Menu 'File' button, or simply drag'n'drop onto the GUI:-

You start & pause with the central 'Play' button, top row, and you can 'micro-step' back & forth with the small arrows either side. To 'cut' a section:-

.... in the bottom row, you click on the left-facing arrow to mark the 'start' point, followed by the right-facing arrow to mark the 'end' point. To cut, you click on the 'scissors'. That's all there is to it. It'll be saved alongside the 'source' video.

(Click on the dustbin if you change your mind and want to 'start over'.)

Just in case you're interested, like.....

Mike. :wink:
Last edited by Mike Walsh on Wed 24 Jul 2019, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

mikeslr

vs. Avidemux

#4 Post by mikeslr »

Hi MIke Walsh,

I haven't used either losslesscut or vidcutter. Do either of these do anything which can't be done under Avidemux?

Mike Walsh

Re: vs. Avidemux

#5 Post by Mike Walsh »

mikeslr wrote:Hi MIke Walsh,

I haven't used either losslesscut or vidcutter. Do either of these do anything which can't be done under Avidemux?
Hallo, Mike.

Nah, not really. It's like AppImages; I mainly use 'em because they're more convenient.....and it's the same with Electron stuff, despite their humungous size.... :oops:

Before you say it, I know Avidemux is much, much smaller. I agree; it is. I've just never got on with Avidemux's way of doing things, that's all. This is despite putting together AppImage and 'portable' versions of Patriot's 2.5.2 AIO (all-in-one), which I tested out in several Pups to make sure they were literally 'click-to-run'. :)

I have it installed, in portable format, in a relatively 'bare-bones' USB Lucid I've recently put together. I probably won't use it much, if at all, but I wanted to make sure I had at least one of everything....if ya know what I mean!

Space has never been an issue for me on the big Compaq desktop, unlike ye anciente Dell; I'm a bit more careful what I run on there.....that ol' P4 is the real bottleneck, of course. But I love Pup's way of doing stuff, even though I could run mainstream distros on here, if I wanted to.

I don't want to!

fabrice_035

#6 Post by fabrice_035 »

bigpup wrote:What Puppy version?
Do you want it for Xenialpup 7.5 the 32bit version?
If it possible I would like to .
Regard
Bionicpup64-8.0 _ Kernel 5.4.27-64oz _ Asus Rog GL752

bigpup

#7 Post by bigpup »

Have you read the other posts?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

B.K. Johnson

#8 Post by B.K. Johnson »

@Mike Walsh
When you edit your posts, can you so indicate with [EDIT] and the nature of the amendment?
When I/we view your post before the amendment, it is only serendipity that will lead us back to the post and we'll miss your pearls of wisdom.
Written with sincerity.
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]

mikeslr

32-bit LosslessCut 2.1 and avidemux

#9 Post by mikeslr »

Hi fabrice_035,

Can't help you with Vidcutter as I don't know which old version to look for. But the 32-bit LosslessCut version 2.1.0 Mike Walsh mentioned can be obtained here, https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut/releases.

Download and extract the LosslessCut-linux-ia32.zip. An extracted folder will be created. You can Right-Click it to rename it just "LosslessCut", and move the folder to a location of your choosing. As Mike Walsh posted, it's a portable. To start LosslessCut, file-browse into that folder and Left-click the LosslessCut binary. Look for posts on the Forum for creating menu entries; or just drag and drop the binary onto your desktop, perhaps giving it a nice icon.

As Mike Walsh posted, "in Bionicpup32. It fires up with no issues." I fired it up under Xenialpup64 with 32-bit Compatibility SFS loaded. So, you should have no problem under the 32-bit Xenialpup 7.5.

Edit: LosslessCut suggests that it has capabilities not found in avidemux (without naming it) but whether those are available under Linux and especially using old versions remains questionable. See https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut
Last edited by mikeslr on Wed 24 Jul 2019, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Walsh

#10 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ Mike / all:-

Experimenting last night, LosslessCut v2.1.0 functions fine under Bionicpup32 8.0, Xeniapupl32 7.5, Tahrpup32 6.0.6, and radky's DPup 'Stretch' 7.5.

Any further back than that, it starts bitching about not only the glibc and libstdc++.so.6, but also the versions of gtk3 in use. Of course, for Raring, Precise and the 5-series Slackos in my kennels, the older version still works fine; the only real difference 'twixt the two is a few extra GUI features, and as t'other Mike points out, probably a newer version of ffmpeg.

There IS also a 64-bit version available, of course; as with most of the 'projects' on Github, and indeed with most software nowadays, all is going 64-bit only now.

The newest 64-bit version is up to v2.3.0:-

https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut/re ... ux-x64.zip

That's a direct link to the download for the current 64-bit release, for anyone who's interested. Mike's instructions above still apply; unpacking, etc, remains the same.

slavvo67

#11 Post by slavvo67 »

Has this been resolved? I have a script that uses ffmpeg to cut between 2 times. The only snag is that you need to watch the video in vlc or other program to determine where u want to cut it.

p310don

#12 Post by p310don »

The only snag is that you need to watch the video in vlc
I've been doing some incredibly basic video editing / cutting recently. I use VLC on it's own. Simply go to "View" - "Advanced Controls" - and then a record button pops up. Play the video you want to cut, press record when you want to start the bit you want to save, and press it again when you're done.

666philb

#13 Post by 666philb »

Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331