How do I add the analogue 'clockskins' to pwidgets?

Themes, icons, wallpapers, etc.
Mike Walsh

#16 Post by Mike Walsh »

Moat wrote:Semme - nooo! You are right, sir - /root/.xonclockrc is it. I just have a vague recollection of my changes there being somehow re-written back to default settings a time or two, after fiddling about (too) heavily in the Pwidgets GUI. It seemed a very rare occurrence, in any case.

Attached a few of my favorite, plain-ish clock skins...

Bob
Found /root/xonclockrc myself, last night. Tried altering the 'sleep' time from 0 to 10, then 5, then 3.....

In each case, the clock would start after the specified interval. Curiously, however, after that same number of seconds, it would then promptly disappear again..... I'm obviously doing something wrong, but not too sure what!

@ semme:-

Any ideas on this one? :?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like your skins, Bob..! You're like me; you want to actually USE the clock, as opposed to admiring it as a work of art...

I LOVE some of dejan's skins, but I wouldn't want to actually try and read them many, many times a day.....

Regards,

Mike.

Semme

#17 Post by Semme »

*Ideas?* Sure! What I wanna know is.. :D What happened to your posse?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Moat

#18 Post by Moat »

Semme wrote:*Ideas?* Sure! What I wanna know is.. :D What happened to your posse?
Hiding here in the canyon underbrush, awaiting your input on the matter... :P

(I.e. - well beyond this newb's understanding. Gunfight between xonclock, rox desktop/pinboard and/or xorg - with xonclock losing the shootout?)

Bob

Semme

#19 Post by Semme »

Yeah Bob, well.. I had to *trigger* you guys somehow. :D:wink:
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Moat

#20 Post by Moat »

Well, I'm away from Pup ATM - but this newb (me) would probably stop Pwidgets from the GUI, and re-start it via terminal, looking for clues in any errors burped out if/when xonclock disappears. Not sure what the terminal command would be... for that, guess I'd look in the corresponding Pwidgets start script in /root/Startup (fixwidgets_something_or_other, I think?).

Warm? These desert canyons git cold - fast - at sundown. Trigger finger's freezin' up... :)

Bob

Moat

#21 Post by Moat »

OK, Mike - maybe try this... it might show something useful -

Open the Pwidgets GUI. From the "File" drop-down menu, select "Start/Stop Pwidgets..." In the pop-up window, click the "STOP" button, and then close out of both that window and the Pwidgets GUI. Pwidgets should now not be running on the desktop.

Open a terminal, type in 'pwidgets' and hit 'enter'. The Pwidgets GUI should re-open, with the terminal running in the background (keep both open and running...). Now, re-start Pwidgets from the same File>Start/Stop Pwidgets pop-up window.

Any errors thrown in the open terminal - especially if/when xonclock disappears?

This is the way it's working for me here on Precise 5.7.1, anyway...

Bob

Keisha

make pwidgets clock always start in the same place?

#22 Post by Keisha »

Me? Jes' havin' coffee with the Ki- yodies, 'n' keepin' an eye on muh cattle lookin' out fer dat thunderstorm out yonder over the mesa...'t'looks like it might be headed this way...

(that's my Walter Brennan imitation...)

A long time ago, Catdude asked how to get the pwidgets clock to always start up in the same place. And some kind soul supplied the right answer. I can not find that ancient post now to save my soul. Might anyone know...?
“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.â€￾ --Bruce Lee