Simple Screen Recorder

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
mcewanw

#31 Post by mcewanw »

musher0 wrote:
mcewanw wrote:
musher0 wrote:Hi jlst

I'll be on the lookout for your new "pAVrecorder" or whatever you're calling it!
When you come back from holidays. Thanks in advance.
But who or what is jlst?
Hello funny guy! :)

:lol: jlst is a "who". He is a very active and resourceful non-robotic (AFAICT! He
reacts like a human...) ;) member of the Puppy development team and of this forum!
I haven't noticed jlst name, thanks for letting me know. However, as far as I am aware, jlst isn't the author of the program pAVrecord.
github mcewanw

musher0

#32 Post by musher0 »

Hello again mcewanw.

jlst is not the author of the simplescreenrecorder, but he's involved with including it in
the Woof-CE process.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Pelo

AboutSSR and pAVrecord

#33 Post by Pelo »

AboutSSR and pAVrecord
SSR need QT
pAVrecord needs FFmpeg.
Depending on your Puppy Running, choice will be quite an evidence. Tharpup has QT included. Slacko has FFMPEG included..
Xvidcap has what it needs included in Xvidcap pet, so it will work everywhere.
Only practice can help to choose, and personaly i don't use always the same screen cast app.
With pAVrecord or SSR you choose zone once, you cannot change when recording. Xvidcap allows to change, like your eye moving where there is interest to move
Jump to
.ISObooter, Tuto build with pAVrecord
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 19 Aug 2016, 08:37, edited 3 times in total.

Pelo

Rerouted to Multimedia !

#34 Post by Pelo »

mikeslr waits for you in mutimedia section topic special SSR, not to continue in desktop section
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

mcewanw

Re: AboutSSR and pAVrecord

#35 Post by mcewanw »

Pelo wrote:AboutSSR and pAVrecord
SSR need QT
pAVrecord needs FFmpeg.
Depending on your Puppy Running, choice will be quite an evidence. Tharpup has QT included. Slacko has FFMPEG included..
Xvidcap has what it needs included in Xvidcap pet, so it will work everywhere.
Only practice can help to choose, and personaly i don't use always the same screen cast app.
With pAVrecord or SSR you choose zone once, you cannot change when recording. Xvidcap allows to change, like your eye moving where there is interest to move.
SSR also needs ffmpeg libraries underneath actually.

The new AV plus screencast app, called weX is now available, it also allows the chosen zone to be moved about whilst recording or to select any window (with or without border) or mouse-selectable area, as you wish. Finally, it allows you to embed webcam image inside the recording, scaled or not scaled:

The finished ddogxcap, renamed weX is now currently available for a short time here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107905

Tested on XenialDog and XenialPup, but currently works best in XenialDog (same or similar quality to SSR and no Qt). in XenialPup, webcam overlay is not so good but works perfectly in XenialDog on my oldish Intel Core-II duo 2GB RAM test machine, so recommended to first test weX in XenialDog to see what to best expect.

William
github mcewanw

Pelo

SSR perfect on Puppy Puli de Hongrie

#36 Post by Pelo »

SSR perfect on Puppy Puli de Hongrie (package Simple-Screen-Recorder-Dpup-3.5.2.11.pet: 11 M) i give link soon
pAVrecord 9.0.5 installed and gets video High quality with H264
Wex tested but my puli 3.8.3 is not young enough ("deprecated", said wex)

link to topic SSR Dpup

Pelo

SSR topic created

#37 Post by Pelo »

SSR topic created forum francophone, for feed back by our (few) video makers
Version Slacko 700 Beta and shared Qt 5.6.1 libs. compiled by Norgo.
SSR can be used on all puppies Precise, tahr ...
Slacko needs some different libs added.
Conseils de Smithy à Mike walsh qui a des maux de tête
Attachments
teacher.tar.gz
Mike's complaint
(113.14 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:08, edited 2 times in total.

Pelo

tested on DebianDog Stretch

#38 Post by Pelo »

tested on DebianDog Stretch (version 9) loaded with synaptic the package manager
Video MP4 done with SSR
Attachments
screencast.jpg
sNo SFS, No pet, synaptic provide simplescreenrecorder (debianDog strectch)
(71.46 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

akuma

alternative

#39 Post by akuma »

I tried to use this application in my mini laptop but the maximum resolution is 1024x600 and I can not continue from the configuration screen so I chose to use wokoscreen since its configuration screen is smaller and more manageable for my desktop...

see the pics bellow

hamoudoudou

matilda ? nilson Morales one ?

#40 Post by hamoudoudou »

matilda ? nilson Morales one ?
I don't know how to set Vokoscreen !

hamoudoudou

What a good surprise to find Xvidcap

#41 Post by hamoudoudou »

What a good surprise to find Xvidcap available for download with Synaptic. Not listed in XenialDog, but perfectly working as usual in StretchDog
Not tried. I first browse Menu to check if something new There are many apps unknown by Puppy Linux users.
Dogs think about having many customers from Puppy. From where could they come, when posting in The Puppy Linux discussion Forum.. ?
Attachments
Xvidcap.jpg
SSR and Xvidcap , the best couple
(28.02 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

greengeek

Re: What a good surprise to find Xvidcap

#42 Post by greengeek »

hamoudoudou wrote:What a good surprise to find Xvidcap available for download with Synaptic.
Which puppy?
cheers!

mikeslr

#43 Post by mikeslr »

Hi g/g,

hamoudoudou got XVidcap using synaptic -- so he was on one of the "Dogs", not a Puppy. But it doesn't matter. There's an XVidcap-1.1.7.pet which will run under any 32-bit Puppy; and on one of the FatDog64 repos a 64-bit version which will run under any 64-bit Puppy. I think I got the 32-bit version from PuppyRus on ibiblio.

The problem I've encountered with any XVidCap is getting it to record sound.

mikesLr

hamoudoudou

several to feed back the same, including Dorothée.

#44 Post by hamoudoudou »

recording sound ! it seems incredible. I have been using xvidcap for years now with quite all puppies and never i had a problem for register my comments while screencasting. I believe you. You are several to feed back the same, including Dorothée.
Why do i underline that xvidcap is available for the Dogs ? Sure i don't want to stop devs to dev. But they have to know the both SSR and Xvidcap are available for their usage. And they are not Puppy's home made apps, if ever they consider our apps not 'trusty'

hamoudoudou

silence..

#45 Post by hamoudoudou »

silence..

greengeek

Re: silence..

#46 Post by greengeek »

hamoudoudou wrote:silence..
Hi dd, do you know of an xvidcap package that will run on Slacko 5.6?
cheers,
gg

hamoudoudou

#47 Post by hamoudoudou »

ibiblio;org Puppyrus has xvidcap 1.1.7, Asri edu too.. I will advise later..
No audio is surprising.. very surprising because xvidcap includes all what is needed... For Slacko , for any Puppy, any Linux..
xvidcap-1.1.7.pet

greengeek

#48 Post by greengeek »

hamoudoudou wrote:ibiblio;org Puppyrus has xvidcap 1.1.7,
I just did a search on"ibiblio xvidcap" and it threw up this link: http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/ibiblio_puppylinux.html where i was able to find xvidcap 1.1.6 which works fine for me on a Slacko 5.6 derivative. No problem with sound.

SSR is much more polished and still my preferred screencapture utility but xvidcap has it's place for sure.

- Having said that I understand that wiak's "weX" allows the user to move the capture window whilst recording so that is a feature that would be nice to have.

hamoudoudou

#49 Post by hamoudoudou »

I remember that xvidcap can move window when recording.. Caution that makes CPU foolish, pixels are moving to much. Better pause move window and start again.