Beautifying your Puppy...

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Mike Walsh

Beautifying your Puppy...

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Evening, everybody.

Inspired by the tale of somebody on the Ubuntu forums, I thought it was time I made it obvious to anyone who cares to look that I'm running LINUX boxes.....not Windoze any more.

Accordingly, I did some Googling, and found some logos I liked! The guy on the Ubuntu forums had got some nice metal ones from System 76, but they're only available if you live on t'other side of t' pond.....no good to us Brits. So I made mine up from ordinary photopaper, applied heavy-duty double-sided sticky tape on the back, and sticky-backed clear plastic film on the front, for durability.

I've tidied up the palmrest on the Dell; got rid of all the crap I'd stuck there over the years, and adorned the lower right corner with a single, 'powered by Puppy Linux' sticker. Looks neat.

I've also removed all the Microsoft XP stickers from the big Compaq, and put the dual-boot stickers on the box. AND I've adorned my Logitech K120 keyboard as well.....and thought I'd do something about those AWFUL 'Windoze' keys while I was at it.....

Sorry for the crap, out-of-focus shots; just got a new camera, and I'm still getting the hang of it..!

What do you think? I can take criticism...! :lol:
Attachments
Photo0014_2.jpg
THIS is a LINUX box.....and DON'T you forget it...(lol)
(29.7 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Photo0016_2.jpg
Tidy K120.....& not a 'Windows' key in sight!
(44.14 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Photo0017_2.jpg
SWEET little old 'Puppyfied' Dell...
(26.98 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Last edited by Mike Walsh on Sun 08 Mar 2015, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

rokytnji

#2 Post by rokytnji »

I like them. I run emblems on all my motorcycle gas tanks.
The metal ones.

So I can relate.

I always had a soft spot for the fluxbox logo myself

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

Now THAT'S nice. Very neat.....and simple, as all the best things so often are. Just ONE of the reasons I like 'Puppy' as much as I do...

I've always had a 'soft spot' for very abstract designs.....especially where logos are concerned. Being heavily into graphic design, I've been creating things like this for over 40-odd years!

Regards,

Mike. :)