GB GBA emulator for Wary ?

Play with your Puppy.
TecnoGuy458

#1 Post by TecnoGuy458 »

I already have a SNES emulator up and running and it runs smooth. 8) I figure a GB/GBA emulator would run smooth too. one problem. i cant find one. that works in wary 5.5 :(
any suggestions?

bark_bark_bark

#2 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I would suggest MESS, simply because it's awesome and it supports many classic game consoles (like the SNES) and computers (like the IBM PC Model 5150).

MESS also supports the Super Boy adapter as well.

I am not positive on how well the GBA emulation works, but it is also supported by MESS.

I must add: I don't know if there is a mess emulator package for wary or not.

PS: I used to have a SNES, GB, GB Color, and Super Boy.

Makoto

#3 Post by Makoto »

I don't know... I'm reluctant to suggest MESS as a primary alternative. I'd rather use an emulator refined to one system before resorting to MESS, if possible.
Not that MESS is bad, but it does take a fair bit of getting used to, the emulation I've tried with it (multiple systems) can indeed be a little less refined than you'd hope, and it can also be hard to find a package for it (well, one that wasn't created pre-Puppy 4.3.1, anyway.)

If possible, try for VBA/VBA-M, or Mednafen, first. Packages for those (as well as MESS, probably) can possibly be found in posts in this subforum.

You might also try contacting sc0ttman, the maintainer of Puppy Arcade... if the packages you can find by looking through his archives (below) don't work, he might be able to help get you a version that does. The problem is, I think he might only respond to posts in the most recent Puppy Arcade thread, at the moment. :(

His archives:
Akita Linux: Package Repository
fileNice™ - [http://ppm.scottjarvis.com/]
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

TecnoGuy458

#4 Post by TecnoGuy458 »

ended up using VGB Unix 3.5 and just setting ROX filer to open the roms with it
here is a link to the package i used:
VGB Unix 3.5 pet package