Puppy Linux on mobile

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else

did a puppy for mobile ever cross your mind?

yes
88%
no
13%

Total votes: 16

TecnoGuy458

Puppy Linux on mobile

#16 Post by TecnoGuy458 »

it uses information on a device from a database to auto-configure a mobile distro, Pup4mobile for example, and would load that distro onto the device. and the distro would come in a special archive that contains th distro and detailed configuration and specs details. that would probably be the best way to load puppy on existing mobile devices.

Burn_IT

#17 Post by Burn_IT »

Tablet/Phablet ???

I have an Ereader that i would love to run Puppy on.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

samedog

#18 Post by samedog »

I'm the guy working on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKuuNQCYMaA

currently i'm porting it to my galaxy S4, the biggest problem for me is the touchscreen, been struggling with it for months, but i think i'm gona give up and wirte my own driver.

Planning to make and IMG to boot puppy instead android, fund a hack to instal a custom bootloader via microSD, maybe i'l have something in a couple of months.
<Rupp>ERROR: Communication problem with khotkeys, it probably crashed.
<Rupp>damn
<samedog>EPIC
<Rupp>FAIL
<samedog>hmm... pretty good for a signature..
<Rupp>XD

TecnoGuy458

Puppy Linux on mobile

#19 Post by TecnoGuy458 »

yea i think more people will start making more mobile puppy distros when there is something to start off with.

btw samedog, what do you think of the puppy mobile distro loader idea i mentioned?

samedog

#20 Post by samedog »

To be honest i haven't thought of anythig on the "usage" or "design" part yet, currently i'm trying to get everyting hardware related to work properly (bluetooth, SIM card, modem, buttons, touchscreen), so it's in an "arm mini PC" stage (at least my build, dunno if anyone else is working on the same).
So until i get the stupid touchscreen to work it will be a very fast ARM miniPC and just that.

Porting it completely to my S4 may open new doors and MAYBE i'll be able to make a damn phone call, still gotta learn a lot about the linux kernel for ARM devices, embedded devices hardware and stuffs.
<Rupp>ERROR: Communication problem with khotkeys, it probably crashed.
<Rupp>damn
<samedog>EPIC
<Rupp>FAIL
<samedog>hmm... pretty good for a signature..
<Rupp>XD

TecnoGuy458

Puppy Linux on mobile

#21 Post by TecnoGuy458 »

maybe i should do some concept on the design and usage stuff. because I'm not much of a system stuff coder. I'm more experienced in web and Gui coding than anything else anyways. 8) i think if we all focus on our strengths, the end result will be a lot better.

what I'm saying samedog is if you want to just use my GUI concepts and ideas I'm cool with that.

TecnoGuy458

Puppy Linux on mobile

#22 Post by TecnoGuy458 »

officially began work on Pup4Mobile 1.0 beta
Attachments
p4m1-0betaSMALLICO.jpg
(4.59 KiB) Downloaded 188 times