CUPS doesn't support Ir (infrared) printer connection?

Using applications, configuring, problems
can8v

CUPS doesn't support Ir (infrared) printer connection?

#1 Post by can8v »

I am using both 202 and 201 right now. I would love to print via Ir so I could free up my only USB port. I tried installing CUPS to see if that would do it; no such luck. While the website set up for downloading the driver had all kinds of great information about what my printer can and can't do with that driver said that Ir, USB, and Parallel were all supported, in reality Only USB, Parallel, and Serial are supported by CUPS. I don't know if it does me any good to have a printer, printer driver, and laptop that all support Ir printing if CUPS doesn't. Is there another printing system I should know about that works with Puppy?
By the way my hat is off to Rarsa and Dewdrop for all of there work on the CUPS set up. I used your instructions and your scripts for setting up my HP DeskJet 450 which will work with the default hpijs driver you use in your script, however, with the hplip version I was able to gain all of the kewl printer maintenance functions I used to enjoy when I was a winblows user.
Nice work on that, but am I just dreaming when it comes to the Ir setup?
-Jason