Puppy mentioned in Finnish newspaper

Promote Puppy !
Zeppis

Puppy mentioned in Finnish newspaper

#1 Post by Zeppis »

Puppy Linux was mentioned in yesterday's issue of Helsingin Sanomat, Finland's biggest newspaper. There was no info or anything, but it WAS mentioned!

There was an article, where a highly educated engineer decided to finally give linux a try. He had been looking for information and blah blah blah. He was deciding which distro to install on his computer and was surprised at the variety. "There's Mandrake, Slax, Knoppix, Ubuntu, Gentoo... and what in the world is Puppy Linux??"

That wasn't an exact quote, but basically he listed distros and at the end asked "what in the world is Puppy Linux?" He chose to install Ubuntu...

Sadly, the installation took him hours, giving a bad image of Linux... but after he had learned it and did it the second time, it was through in half an hour :D

Pizzasgood

#2 Post by Pizzasgood »

I litterally installed Puppy three times in under a half hour this week. :) I seem to remember Lobster once asking for people to post times for how long it took them to install a Puppy. He had something like two minutes to go from nothing to running Puppy and surfing the web. But then, he needs to reinstall more often than I, so he gets more practice :wink:

Even thirty minutes is great though. Especially for someone new to linux. I had to install Windows XP this summer, and it seemed like it took forever. And all the reboots! Yeesh. For a company that brags about ease of use, you'd think they could figure out how to not make people reboot so much. Even installing Word took a reboot in the middle. :roll:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]