convert pet to deb file

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
phil51

convert pet to deb file

#1 Post by phil51 »

Can someone please convert saluki lxlauncher pet to a deb file so I can use it with lubuntu. The lubuntu lxlauncher is not nearly as good.

starhawk

#2 Post by starhawk »

I don't have the dotPET handy, nor am I familiar with Saluki -- but if I wanted to install it into Lubuntu, here's how I'd do it...

Go into Saluki. Convert the dotPET to a *.tar.gz archive (this is offered in the right-click menu of many Pups). Use PupZip to extract the *.tar.gz into a well-named directory. Copy the directory to a drive with an ext* filesystem (FAT32 and NTFS do not AFAIK support Linux symlinks). Fire up Lubuntu, mount the drive with the directory, and copy over the new files. That should be it -- run in Terminal first, though, to make sure you aren't missing any libs. (You probably won't be, but it's good to check.)

LazY Puppy

#3 Post by LazY Puppy »

Extract the .pet package and create a .deb package from extracted directory using MakeDeb-0.0.3.pet
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink: