Front page corrections

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
naf456

Front page corrections

#1 Post by naf456 »

I would like to apologies about being a little pedantic, however I dislike the introductory paragraph on the overview page of the main site. I quote:
Linux is a free operating system, and Puppy Linux is a special build of Linux meant to make computing easy and fast.
Linux isn't really an operating system, but an operating system kernel. What PuppyLinux really is, is a distribution of the GNU/Linux operating system.

Android uses the Linux kernel, however it's not the same as the more traditional GNU/Linux operating systems which PuppyLinux may come under.

I'm sure you know that the original purpose of the GNU/Linux system was to give rights back to users of that system by allowing users to understand how the system's technologies works, to know what the technologies do, to be able to modify the technologies and redistribute them freely without oppression. This makes it almost impossible for software vendors to abuse system users by programming malicious features into system technologies, as anybody has the rights to remove those features and redistribute the technologies.

Legally modifiable and redistributable technology is the very essence of what GNU/Linux stand for. Just using the term GNU/Linux alone on the main webpage will expose more users and developers to the GNU/Linux project and maybe even the free software foundation aswell. I would appreciate it very much if you would agree to change the term 'Linux' for the more correct and moral term 'GNU/Linux'

Thank you for your time,

Nathaniel.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

cthisbear

#3 Post by cthisbear »

" however I dislike the introductory paragraph on the overview page
of the main site. "

"""""""""""

I agree...it should be known as the Dog's Guts instead of....

http://www.conanstevens.com/tall-actors ... -guts.html

Chris.