A NWP/A NWPUS--A Noob's Word Processor and Utilities Suite

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
Puppus Dogfellow

a variety of updates

#61 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:from installation of p5(jaewm)/u6(jaewm)/x7/nwp32/nwp-64
jaewms are updates to ~572.14 (making it p5--next version is 5p) and p6 (making it 6p--next version will be 6u (lamely sticking to p5/6 simply because of the following wallpaper):

eventually x7 will become 7x as a spin of xenialpup, but both the sfs and pet should work okay in all 5-8 series pups using jwm and rox except the newest slackos, which have been updated twice since 6.3.0 and possibly prove this assertion wrong. anyway, the pet doesn't affect jwm unless you activate it, which can be done in a number of ways, the easiest being entering /nwp/my1 (keycentric base config) or /nwp/my30 (regular default) into a terminal. you can see the jaewm documentation in /nwp/c/installation-retro for more on how they differ. the same folder also has clickable installation options--you can preconfigure which trays show rather than use mae (entered in the shift plus spacebar launcher) or the root4 menu (alt plus 4 and 5, scroll up and down) to do it after the initial set of jwm config changes are in place. being updates, the jaewms don't install the dependencies (aemenu, xdotool, wmctrl)--the spins have it already, plus they've got the pets for transfer to either 64 or 32 bit in nwp/c. if you don't want to see the pet installed already error message, you can use that version to update an existing nwp installation. nwp32/64 contain just the dependencies and the nwp itself. installation is the same as with x7--either go to /nwp/c and pick and choose or enter /nwp/my19-my4) or /nwp/my30(-my49) into a terminal and wait for fixmenus and jwm -restart to run after the backup and swap are made.

p5-jaewm.pet
p5-jaewm.sfs
u6-jaewm.pet
u6-jaewm.sfs
x7.sfs
x7.pet
nwp-64.pet
nwp32.pet
nwp-64.sfs
nwp32.sfs

x7:

aemenu-1.2.12.pet
antiword_0.37-8.pet
brother_mfc685cw-1.0.pet
CamPhoneTab_Hotplug-1.0.pet
catdoc-0.94.2-i486.pet
copy-fast-2.4.pet
Desktop-Global-Theme-Profile-1.7.2.pet
desktopiconarrangement-1.8.2.pet
desktoplaunchericonmaker-1.0.pet
dillo-3.0.5-i486-wary5.pet
duplipets-1.2.pet
easylauncher-2.0.pet
easypackage-0.1.pet
ExifTool-8.66.pet
findnrun-1.9.1.pet
fixup_util-linux-0.1.pet
flashplayer11-11.2.202.626.pet
geany-plugins-1.25-i686.pet
getflash-1.5-6.pet
get_java-1.0.pet
get_libreoffice-0.40.pet
gnewpet-6.5.pet
GTK_Theme_Maker-2.1.pet
img2pdf_tahrpup-1.1.pet
isomaster-1.3.7-i486.pet
javaif-20151214.pet
jwmthememaker-2.2.pet
libQt3Support.so.4.pet
libxapian22_1.2.8-1.pet
megatools-1.9.97.pet
multirename-1.7.pet
mupdf-1.4.pet
mydbox-1.2_noarch.pet
packit-1.14.pet
pArchive-2.1.pet
partview-2016.pet
pcmanfm-1.2.3.pet
peasyglue-1.9.pet
peasypdf-3.6.pet
peasyscale-1.9.pet
peasyscan-2.9.pet
peasyscan_pdf_plugin-1.3.pet
peekapet-1.3.pet
Pet_Maker-2.3.pet
pets2sfsgui-1.4.pet
pGtk-theme-refresh-1.1.pet
pic2txt-1.3.pet
picframemaker-2.0.pet
PupClockset-2.4.2.pet
PupControl-2.8.pet
PuppyTerrier-02c_BIL.pet
qt4-4.3.2.pet
quickpet_precise-2.pet
recoll-1.13.02.pet
Right-click-6.9.8.pet
roxterm_1.22.2-1.pet
sakura-2.3.8.pet
sfs2pet-20121001.pet
sfs-compatibility-01.pet
sfsinstaller-1.3.pet
sfs_version_converter-1.4-1.pet
SimplePythonHTTPServer-1.0.pet
simpson-1.3.pet
slocate-3.1-i486-4.pet
spacefm_0.9.4-0_20141009_DOC.pet
spacefm_0.9.4-0_20141009.pet
storymaker-1.4.pet
tesseract-3.00-i486.pet
tesseract_eng-3.00.pet
treesize-0.54.1.pet
uextract-3.23.pet
UnPet-0.6.pet
unrtf_0.19.3-1.1.pet
util-linux-2.21.2-i686_xen701.pet
verysmallfileeditor-1.0.pet
wmctrl-1.07-6_i386.pet
woofy-0.91.pet
xapian-core-1.0.18.pet
xdotool-2.20110530.1-3.pet
Xournal_Puppy-0.4.8.pet
youtubedl-gui-0.1.pet

u6:

dillo-3.0.5-precise.pet
duplipets-1.2.pet
easylauncher-2.0.pet
easypackage-0.1.pet
focuswriter-1.5.5-i686.pet
geany-1.25-i686.pet
geany_DOC-1.25-i686.pet
gnewpet-6.5.pet
GTK_Theme_Maker-2.1.pet
img2pdf_tahrpup-1.1.pet
isomaster-1.3.7-i486.pet
jwmthememaker-2.2.pet
multirename-1.7.pet
mupdf-1.4.pet
openssl-1.0.2g-w5-i486.pet
packit-1.14.pet
pArchive-2.1.pet
partview-2016.pet
pcmanfm-1.2.3.pet
peasyglue-1.9.pet
peasypdf-3.6.pet
peasyscale-1.9.pet
peasyscan-2.9.pet
peekapet-1.3.pet
Pet_Maker-2.3.pet
pets2sfsgui-1.4.pet
pic2txt-1.3.pet
picframemaker-2.0.pet
PupClockset-2.4.2.pet
PupControl-2.8.pet
python-2.7.pet
quickpet_precise-2.pet
roxterm_1.22.2-1.pet
sakura-2.3.8.pet
sfs-compatibility-01.pet
sfsinstaller-1.3.pet
simpson-1.3.pet
storymaker-1.4.pet
tesseract-3.00-i486.pet
tesseract_eng-3.00.pet
tree-1.6.0-i486-1.txz
treesize-0.54.1.pet
uextract-3.23.pet
UnPet-0.6.pet
urxvt-9.21_man.pet
urxvt-9.21_PrecisePup-5.4.3.pet
UrxvtControl-1.1.pet
Xournal_Puppy-0.4.8.pet
yad_0.33.1-slk56.pet
youtubedl-gui-0.1.pet

p5:

dillo-3.0.5-precise.pet
duplipets-1.2.pet
easylauncher-2.0.pet
easypackage-0.1.pet
focuswriter-1.5.5-i686.pet
geany-1.25-i686.pet
geany_DOC-1.25-i686.pet
gnewpet-6.5.pet
GTK_Theme_Maker-2.1.pet
img2pdf_tahrpup-1.1.pet
isomaster-1.3.7-i486.pet
jwmthememaker-2.2.pet
multirename-1.7.pet
mupdf-1.4.pet
openssl-1.0.2g-w5-i486.pet
packit-1.14.pet
pArchive-2.1.pet
partview-2016.pet
pcmanfm-1.2.3.pet
peasyglue-1.9.pet
peasypdf-3.6.pet
peasyscale-1.9.pet
peasyscan-2.9.pet
peekapet-1.3.pet
Pet_Maker-2.3.pet
pets2sfsgui-1.4.pet
pic2txt-1.3.pet
picframemaker-2.0.pet
PupClockset-2.4.2.pet
PupControl-2.8.pet
python-2.7.pet
quickpet_precise-2.pet
roxterm_1.22.2-1.pet
sakura-2.3.8.pet
sfs-compatibility-01.pet
sfsinstaller-1.3.pet
simpson-1.3.pet
storymaker-1.4.pet
tesseract-3.00-i486.pet
tesseract_eng-3.00.pet
tree-1.6.0-i486-1.txz
treesize-0.54.1.pet
uextract-3.23.pet
UnPet-0.6.pet
urxvt-9.21_man.pet
urxvt-9.21_PrecisePup-5.4.3.pet
UrxvtControl-1.1.pet
Xournal_Puppy-0.4.8.pet
yad_0.33.1-slk56.pet
youtubedl-gui-0.1.pet

common but unlisted:

treesize, megasync, dropbox,

_________

to enable the custom geany menu (ae menu gg in the launcher, root 2 menu) on your system, enter /nwp/c/geanytweak into a terminal or go to /nwp/c/ and click the geanytweak script.

i recommend the pets in general, the SFSes for testing.

p.dogfellow, 6/30/16

______

more dopiness:

known bugs: xenial won't let go of the blue active window title bars and xcalc crashes it (so don't use it unless you want to shut down). there's supposedly a fix (see xenial folder in puppy isos) for the broken mounted drive icons, but i haven't tried it yet--so already a pet or two i've left out and the upgrade path for x7 presents itself. the rox tweaks (letter shortcuts, etc) and jwm/gtk theme upgrades (to "official pux specs"...) don't have a nwp shortcut as yet--go to nwp/c to click the activation scripts (in the process of being phased out).

/nwp/mae in a terminal will also get you the installation menu after the pet or sfs is installed.

---------------
documentation updates:

Jaewm!-.1.ncd
launcher shortcuts
nwp keyboard shortcuts (jwm)

approximatic for most 32 bit pups:

x7 sfs
x7 pet
upgrade p6 to 6p:
u6 sfs
u6 pet
upgrade ~572.14 to p5:
p5 sfs
p5 pet
(sfs was mostly used to make the pet--it won't overwrite/update on an existing install in either the precise or the unicorn spin (or most any other existing installation of the jaewmie).

no helper pets, just the nwp folder, aemenu, xdotool, the pexec based launcehrs, and wmctrl:

nwp64 pet
nwp 64 sfs
nwp32 pet
nwp32 sfs
update fixes some documentation and (this time-- accidentally left it out of the earlier one/the one four in the vtg thread...) has the geany and geany plug-in update for ~...14.

Corvus' geany 125 pet and plugins separate from the p5 and x7 packages.

pets will update existing setups, the sfs won't unless you remove or rename your old nwp (you may want to rename it before the pet installation since merging of the contents may overwrite any customizing you've done).
from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 183#910183, which also has onsite documentation for the included keyboard shortcuts.

Puppus Dogfellow

update for the 64bit version of the nwp and geany plugins

#62 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:update for the 64bit version of the nwp.pet posted earlier plus the necessary dependencies for the geanytweak script (in /nwp/c):

from here and here:
[...]
though now that i'm working on porting the customizations that define these spins to 64bit, there may be more forthcoming. for now, scroll back towards page one for some of the more minimal setups--pets and sfs versions of the approximatic (p5, u6, x7) require activation through the terminal (/nwp/my1 or /nwp/my30) on new installs, though rox /nwp/c will take you to the installation folder, which opens up some preconfiguration options (none of which will take the menu, tray, or key swapping features--you'll need to swap in from the my series for those). i will soon post an updated version of the 64 bit nwp--been playing around with it a bit in tahr64 (finally got it to boot on a worthy (6gb ram) machine).
[...]

Post subject: towards a 64bit version of the spins
Subject description: progress so far (and why i always try to include recoll) since few start with linux, it makes sense to me to allow users to easily search through their non linux created files--unfortunately nothing seems to be in the class of recoll, which isn't always convenient to install (these spins and the approximatic include a fairly old version of it (1.13), which works well enough that i'd be happy to be able to get it consistently working in 64bit, even if i needed to use a compatibility sfs to do so). had a go at getting the era-correct 1.17 to work in tahr64, but only succeeded one in three times. trick may have been to start with the bug fix, then first ppm-install recoll and its dependencies. other orders failed, but i'm not sure if that was necessarily due to sequencing.

anyway, the updated nwp.64 pet below works better than the one i posted earlier, at least in tahr64, but if you already installed the earlier one and want to try out what makes them different, apart from compression used by the somewhat disimilar utilities i used to make them, just install the following xdotoolpet:

xdotool_3.20130111.1-3.1.pet

here's the newer 64bit nwp:
nwp-64.pet

and here are the geany plugins you'll need for the geanytweak script to work (and consequently the custom menus in set1 and/or the installation defaults) in 64bit:

geanytahr64.tar.xz

if you've installed the newer 64bit nwp and want to give the older one a go, just try out this xdotool package (which to work well in slacko64, iirc):

xdotool-2.2-x86_64.pet

speaking of slacko64 and what i said earlier about the jwm management--doesn't appear to be related to jwm desk or sticky jwm or any of that, but until i test the newest version, if you install the pet, manually play with jwm at your own risk (and be aware you may be playing around with the configuration quick switches at an even greater potential risk under that distro).

apart from the difficulties with recoll and the somewhat expected by now loss of some nwp funtions under 64, the tahr64 proto spin/insta-spin seems to have worked well. next reboot i'll test it under xenial64 and see if anything needs to be adjusted.

here's some of the rest (really all as of now but i expect it to grow/change) of the 64 bit spin/upgrade path:
[...]
files extracted from the post:
xdotool_3.20130111.1-3.1.pet
here's the newer 64bit nwp:
nwp-64.pet
geanytahr64.tar.xz
xdotool-2.2-x86_64.pet
from
Re: minor update for nwp.64 plus the 64bit versions of the geany
plugins (required by the ae and jwm custom menu tweaks)

____

will update the first page (it's probably quite a few updates behind by now) after i test the 64 bit version some more and in more things. apart from possible difficulty (discussed above) in slacko, both 32 and 64bit versions should work in just about any pup or quirky (though without jwm, you'd obviously lose/have no neet to configure the jwm menus and/or their functions.)

Puppus Dogfellow

nwp update including a patch of sorts

#63 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

nwp-64.2.pet

nwp-32.2.pet

nwp-mae2.pet

they overwrite previous changes--use the nwp or config2pet scripts in the mae menu to back up your personal settings to .pet. rox icon templates now allow you to make lpx, the pet configs and other items at a click, plus install menus (aef, mae, the main word processing nwp menu) in folders with the right click menu. my menus2 file has many keyboard shortcuts for these functions, but actual remastering seems to be the only way of reliably transferring them...
(can't get unicorn to take it even with an x restart, but it was set with many of the shortcuts, so can still use most of the file and the templates that transfer over).

here's the new menu (most of the submenus off the right click menus can be given keycuts):

(the wp is a folder of word processing (html format for conversion to pdf or copy paste from a browser to a fuller word processor or other...) templates--just rename and you have batch-templates (you could customize the contents from within the New folder--customize is another right click option) you could call as a group, including or constisting of only file structures and hierarchies, etc.)

______
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 106#917106
^ most of the recent changes are covered from that post down to the repeat of the pet links. additional screen shots and info forthcoming, but mostly it's just that the jwm menus now have the same bookmarks as the improved nwp and mae aemenus, the port your config functions and make-a-notepad functions are right clickable in rox, and thunor, spacefm, and pcman get aemenus for pups that use those instead of/in addition to rox (baekt, baeks, baekp--updated launcher code post coming soon.

Puppus Dogfellow

composite screeny, which may be deleted due to hugeness...

#64 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/ ... 1egwnb.gif

the pets don't install the right click options by default, but /nwp/c has some scripts that will swap out (and back up) your menu2 and .gtkrc (etc) files for those necessary to make the letter shortcuts (right side of screenshot) alterable--this has shown limited success for me on existing installations, always seems to work for remastered isos, sometimes works with merely killall and restarting rox, sometimes works after an x restart---it's not included by default for a reason or two, i guess. the templates for the folder of blank word processing templates, the base mono, serif, and sans set ones, those for config2pet and the menu-here items will be available via right click whether or not the keycuts take or even if no effort is made to install them--they're simply additions made to one of rox's templates folder (seems some pups have two (more?) distinct folders for this, others rely on symlinks...anyway, this tweak doesn't work as consistently as the ae or jwm implementations).

if you want the geany customization menus to function properly, you'll need the plugins installed and the geanytweak script clicked or activated (c/geanytweak in the launcher will activate it, c in the rox launcher (rl main launcher or use the new bookmarks menus) will take you to the folder so you can poke around (mostly install scripts and the location of configurations and customizations you store for future ports/installations through the port/store/configure submenus (mae in the launcher brings one up, but there are few floating around as various jwm submenus))--it swaps in the keyboard, gui, and plugin settings they're expecting.

Puppus Dogfellow

update fixes some menus (aemenu and jwm had n2 and n3

#65 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

nwp-mc2.pet

fixed up some stuff in /root/.../rox..Templates, making the nwp work better as a right click utility in rox. tidying up that folder led me to condense the word processing templates to three, which are all new--they just add a help comment about the use of comments and add the viewport set to 700--Barry Kauler reported that worked well on his phone, and it's what the word processor FocusWriter also uses, and it seems to comfortably give documents a pdf layout that doesn't cut them at the margins, so it's the default, and it's now more easily accessible--the n, n1, n2, and n3 word processing menus (the latter two no longer labled as one another on the jwm and aemenus) all have the dual launchers (for simultaneous text editor plus browser viewing/work) and templates menus, and now so does rox's right click > new menu, and now they all have the 700px viewport by default option (it's a buried option in the templates > new folder--the wp folder now contains a folder of the panel frames, a set of the dual launchers, a set of templates, and a set of aemenu word processing and utilities menus--other than the pet making utilities (a new one added--it has a folder with a puppy skeleton and a drag and drop directory to pet converter), it's pretty much anything in the templates menu that could be construed as helping with word processing). the mcc make concurrent copies function has also undergone a similar cleanup--your customizations, if any, will be in the original folder as mcc-prev. i added a few more unextensioned options, plus a few for .bak and .~; the icons have been left out of the new version in the templates folder--the mc folder in /nwp still has them. all the aemenu functions are now on the baek menu (also a right click new option) as pop-off menus.

your old templates folder gets backed up as Templates-prev in its original location.
here's the new rox right click > new menu:
Attachments
nwp-rox-rtclk-new.jpg
(40.88 KiB) Downloaded 531 times

Puppus Dogfellow

some new shortcuts

#66 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

serf700 -- spit out serif 700 template
sans700 -- spit out sans 700 template
mono700 -- spit out mono 700 template

serl7 -- serif opened in leafpad, 700px viewport
serg7 -- serif opened in geany, 700px viewport
sanl7 -- sans opened in leafpad, 700px viewport
sang7 -- sans opened in geany, 700px viewport
monol7 -- mono opened in leafpad, 700px
monog7 -- mono opened in geany, 700px viewport
baek -- bookmarks menu (/nwp and puppy bookmarks(rox), aefull as a submenu)
baekt -- bookmarks menu (/nwp and puppy bookmarks(thunor), aefull as a submenu)
baekp -- bookmarks menu (/nwp and puppy bookmarks(pcman), aefull as a submenu)
baeks -- bookmarks menu (/nwp and puppy bookmarks(spacefm), aefull as a submenu)
mklpx (in terminal) -- make leafpad 5x5 notetaking pad in working directory (through terminal rather than launcher--it's also now a rox right click > new function).

the viewport function makes the line breaking stuff from earlier more or less obsolete. these are the pw,n launcher versions of the newer templates jwm, aemenu and rox call.

Puppus Dogfellow

screenshot of the impoved Make_Concurrent_Copies popup

#67 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

drag and symlink or copy choice, then drag file to be copied onto it/drag file to folder to make copies there (more for the rox right click version). use the subdirectory as a storehouse for the lesser used ones, delete those you'll never use, modify to taste. here's what the folder looks like:
Attachments
mcc2.jpg
icons for labeling in the parent folder (launcher version only).
(91.01 KiB) Downloaded 497 times

Puppus Dogfellow

update simplifies installation, customization, portability

#68 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

(but you can now uninstall aspects of it individually through the piecemeal submenu on mae (launcher code or in your applications folder) or the scripts in /nwp/c)
from minor nwp update (two lines on the pinstall script that lead
into this how-to on the jwm configuration quickswitches
:
nwp-6t4.1.pet
nwp32.3.2.pet
nwp64.3.2.pet

only changes since the last batch are an update of the elp help file and the following two lines added to the pinstall scripts (that activate after the pet installation moves in the files you're adding to your system):

Code: Select all

cp -f /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal /nwp/root3/root39menu/jwmrc-personal 
cp -f /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc /nwp/root3/root39menu/_root_.jwmrc
these lines make your current jwm configuration (current as of the time of this nwp.pet install) your my39 quickswitch (i.e. "my39" in the launcher activates that particular set of configuration files); my39r reverses it, but only to the previous configuration. this is to say, installing, playing around with the configuration switches, and then getting back to your preinstall config while leaving the rest of the functions in tact may lead to some unfortunate backtracking--making the originals a quickswitch avoids any headaches and brings up a point about customizing your own (or sets of your own) wm features--anything you do to the contents of the root#menus folders in /nwp/root3 and their associated files will stick as a quickswitch and the feature mod (the tray, key, and menu config files for the nine extra menus (x3), the 6 keycentric configs, the thirty or so trays are all there) will be a part of the swapped in customizations, but you must mod the files in nwp/root3/, not the ones in their system-active places in root/.jwm and /etc/xdg/templates to make them portable (though you could always run the above two lines adjusted to the destination folder of your choice (or drag and drop manually--rl in the launcher then c gets you there...there's a keycut...my guess is alt plus j...(woo hoo)(rung is h for keys launcher, j for rox launcher, k for geany, l for leafpad)...---make changes, restart jwm to see if you like them, copy them to those folders in nwp/root3 if you want to make them swappable. the new menus on scroll up and down and mae (ae menu launched by that code in main launcher) have the quickswitches plus links to edit or activate the keys, trays, menus, etc. you can edit the files to include menus from elsewhere, but all the presets are fed from that folder. make a file of the above repeated for menus30-49 and you could vtg in your current settings at any time with a click of the cauliflower (etc).
from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 193#920193:
[...]

for the 64 bit geanytweaks to work and match up with the jwm and aemenu menus, install the following plugins:
gny125-vtg64jaewm.tar.xz
gny127-vtg64jaewm.tar.xz

unlike prior updates, this version of the nwp (either 32 or 64 bit) will autoinstall the geany tweaks, rox tweaks, and keycentric configs (my1). pinstall script for 32 bit sets the syntax back to the old style for the unicorn and precise spins. will release pae mature (5p), pae new (7x), non pae (6u, the next version of the unicorn spin), and 64 bit--6t4, which will be based on tahr64. i've been using xenial 64 and 32 on somewhat equivalent machines, and now that i know rox being overloaded is what crashes 701 (and avoid it), i have to say i'm happy with the performance of both. my earlier complaints about 32bit when using over 4gig of ram doesn't seem to hold with this newest pup--going to make a xenial spin based on the earlier x7 package since it's got the light recoll. the 64 bit spin won't include it by default, but it will have most of the features of the 32 bit spins. ETP's get chrome64 package has been modded (as anubis,get(64bit)chrome.pet)in an attempt to add some semblance of unifying theme to pux and 6t4 (or 6d4, since the debian-using xenial707-64 also works well with the nwp); i think it's there. the Word Processor and Ultimatesque Utilities Pack (and the vtg) are the anubis folder...everything's a file, a folder... :lol: :roll: :wink: (...)

here's the contents of the geany64 plugin.xz's--127 is for xenial64, 125 is for tahr64 (and it should work in slacko64 as well, but you may need to add the jwm stuff manually--aemenus will work regardless):

geany-plugin-treebrowser_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
geany-plugin-extrasel_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
geany-plugin-spellcheck_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
geany-plugin-multiterm_1.27+dfsg-2.pet

geany-plugin-extrasel_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
geany-plugin-macro_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
geany-plugin-multiterm_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
geany-plugin-numberedbookmarks_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
geany-plugin-overview_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
geany-plugin-spellcheck_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
(tree browser (included in tahr64) and extrasel are the only ones the menus require, though the spell-check dictionary in nwp/wp is there because of the above plugins and their 32 bit counterparts).

jaewm! documentation and keycuts cheat sheet have been updated both in the package and in the repo's support folder.
[...]
line's boldface because i'm about to post the updated launcher code list, and now that the keycentric configs are activated upon installation by default, that list too. also, since i've got a few keyboards that aren't quite as linux compatible as i'd like (microsoft ergo 400 or something, a logitech wireless that's got no middle button, another that's got at least a dozen currently useless multimedia and/or otherwise gummy buttons), i may post an additional keys insert file with the xev mapping for one or two of them. both time-saving lists are already on the ridiculous side of lengthy or approaching it. ...thing that looks like a light switch doesn't register at all...

Puppus Dogfellow

most recent pwn launcher code list

#69 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

from launcher shortcuts:
The ever-evolving list of launcher shortcuts (nwp installation sets the shortcut for the launcher itself as spacebar plus shift, but if you don't have jwm, you'll have to do it manually through whatever method you find convenient. The shortcut is used heavily if at all, i guess, and so my recommendation tries to make it fluid, simple, and quick). An almost complete (as of June 2016) list of shortcuts (interrupted by a list of fixes in the upcoming [edit: nwp32/64.3 onward autoinstall geanytweak, my1 (keycentric configs), and rox tweaks--can be reversed piecemeal through mae menu or scripts in nwp/c.] 1.9.1: geany and geany new instance were backwards on the root one menu; the mae aemenu (installation, port-store-backup, menumaker, shutdown+, and jwm config options submenus, etc) was never added to the nwp folder itself--the mae shortcut won't work until it's copied over (though you can activate it from the installation/download folder); trayfix old and new have been given more prominent placement on mae and its jwm equivalent; megasync's a builtin; ocr thanks to rcrsn51; …[one of the two upgrades in the works is in lieu of two isos. it upgrades p6.0 to what would have been p6.1 and makes ~572.15 out of -.14; other upgrade has no add-in pets. set for old syntax this time. fresh installs are generally quicker than upgrades so rename your old nwp if you're upgrading. once the folder turns to anubis (about 15 seconds on my slower machine) you can call from nwp rather than the install folder and/or complete the installation. pets run fixmenus and jwm -restart automatically so the update pack is just a click and a bunch of okaying (alt plus o or more clicking).....]):

bb -- spit out bold tags
bb2 -- span tags for bold fonts or other, non default font choices (bold tags don't appear to work though the nwp's underlining and italics tags show the expected results). default is for monospace, same as po1, po2, po4 (the latter two are templates, po1 is an xdotool "spit this code" script/a backup of the main (monospace) template).
book -- older version of one of the tocs/tics--customize if you like
bpo -- open the default template files in a browser so you can see the line spacing, highlighting, etc. use gpo to edit what the command calls and what browser gets opened
bq -- block quote tags
f - findnrun
gpo -- open the browser, leafpad, and geany configuration files for the nwp word processor plus the default default templates in geany.# geany /nwp/po1 /nwp/po2 /nwp/po3 /nwp/po4 /nwp/po5 /nwp/po6 /nwp/gpo /nwp/lpo /nwp/bpo /nwp/bb2
h1-h6 -- print out tags for headings 1-6
her -- open the hr template in geany
herl -- open the hr template in leafpad
hero -- open the hr template in geany
hr -- print out hr tags
hr0 -- open the hr template in geany
hr0l -- open the hr template in leafpad
hr1 -- spit out hr doc template
hrl -- <hr> tag, 35%, grey left side
hrr -- <hr> tag, 10%, grey right side
hrt -- template for autopage breaks with hr tag. called by other scripts.
ii -- italics tags
link -- external form of the toc tags
lp -- launch leafpad
lpo -- leafpad /nwp/po2| leafpad /nwp/po4 /nwp/po5| leafpad /nwp/po6| leafpad /nwp/lpo (open the wp template files in leafpad; open the file that determines what leafpad opens
mono -- open monospace template with geany
mono1 -- spit out monospace doc template
monol -- open monospace template with leafpad
monot -- monospace template

baeks -- bookmarks menu (/nwp and puppy bookmarks(spacefm), aefull as a submenu)
mklpx (in terminal) -- make leafpad 5x5 notetaking pad in working directory (through terminal rather than launcher--it's also now a rox right click > new function).

the viewport function makes the line breaking stuff from earlier/elsewhere more or less obsolete. these are the pw,n launcher versions of the newer templates jwm, aemenu and rox call.

np02 -- pu(/)up launcher (configured to begin with a highlighted /nwp/)
p -- pu(/)up launcher configured to start at the end of /nwp/
pb -- <par style="page-break-after: always"></par>
pba -- <par style="page-break-before: always"></par> (a=above)
po -- open po2
po1 -- print out an improved version of the preotry template
po2 -- (template--po1 without the mini-wait--use Clone (under Documents menu) or SaveAs to preserve the file)
po3 -- geany /nwp/po4 /nwp/po5 /nwp/po6 /nwp/po2
po4 -- template as 14 pt monospace
po5 -- template as 14 pt sans
po6 -- template as 14 pt serif
pr -- print out paragraph tags
prc -- print out paragraph centered tags
prj -- print out paragraph justified tags
prl -- print out paragraph left tags
prr -- print out paragraph right tags
q -- cite tags
san1 -- spit out sans serif doc template
sans -- open sans template with geany
sansl -- open sans template with leafpad
sanst -- sans serif doc template
ser1 -- spit out serif doc template
serf -- open serf template with geany
serfl -- open serf template with leafpad
sert -- serif doc template
sub -- subscript tags
sup -- superscript tags
t -- launch terminal of your choice (delete/comment sakura and uncomment or add your choice)
toc and tic paste bookmark/hyperlink codes. good for tables of contents, master documents, etc. on the editing side, you can make bookmarks in geany with ctrl+m, which will also toggle it off. ctrl plus comma is previous bookmark, control plus period is next bookmark. the plugin for numbered bookmarks makes a list on the side panel (unless that's default and i can't just can't figure out how to work/access the plug in version):
tic -- tic same page template and anchor --new tab
tic1 -- external page or same or external file, no anchor -- same tab
tic2 -- external page or same or external file with anchor -- same tab
toc -- toc same page template and anchor, same tab (general bookmarks). look up your text editor's method for bookmarking for the edit text (also non formatted) view.
toc1 -- external page or same or external file, no anchor -- new tab
toc2 -- external page or same or external file with anchor -- new tab
to open files in geany at specific location, append :line#:column# to the file, i.e. geany /nwp/docs/file1:50:14
ul -- underline
v -- activate vtg
xp -- launch xpad/new xpad
terminal nwp/pwn/pax shortcuts:
s# send active window to desktop#
s#s send next clicked window to desktop#
d# go to desktop#
c plus a single letter is normally a close command--cr, close rox; cu, close urxvt terminals; ct, close rxvt Terminal.
pp# --change pinboard
p# --change/toggle four panel set frame (can be altered down to one)
my# --swap out custom jwm configurations
gea3 --edit custom jwm configurations
la, lb, lm ---layer above, below, middle/normal for active window
las,lbs, lms ---layer above, below, middle/normal for selected window
stk, ustk --stick unstick active (add an s for the click to select version)
pv2--partview and rox /mnt
rr --rox recently visited
rb1 --four (iirc) rungs down on the rox bookmarks menu
rup --three rungs up from the bottom of the rox bookmarks menu (this and rr may need to be adjusted depending on how your rox filer is set up)
pcp --access pup control
fnr --find and run (same as f--fnr is it's traditional short.)
hlx -- htop in an urvxt window and lx task ...
ppm is a built in for package manager (will work in nwp launcher or terminal)
x#-- move to # on x-axis (increments of 5)
y# --move to # on y-axis (increments of 5)
h# --height (increments of 5)
w# --width (increments of 5)
rs --resize
t --terminal (set for my-applications/bin, so launchable from terminal or np/nwp/pxc launcher)
f --findandrun (also set for my-apps/bin)
np --nwpus launcher2 (no sweep right--prehighlighted entry)
sd --speeddials
sdr --speed dials recent list only
gnysys --open a slew of config files in geany
3but -- speed dials and a version of winswitcher
ww -- winswitcher (also ctrl plus spacebar).
galc -- galculator
nc-- notecase
gd -- goldendict
jv -- make java sfs and take you there (thanks, uten. (still there but superseded by rerwin's packages (two installed if you use the -ur version of the nwp))).
##5c -- now the command to make 5 copies of a file by command line.
5ce -- generate drag and drop file in your current working directory and another set to make editing it easier (set for 5 copies with the bulk-renameable extension X(followed by the number of copies). this is an improvement, i think, but you may prefer
mcc -- Make_Concurrent_Copies, which open a directory set for sets of three and five for a fairly wide variety of file types
##5cd -- [obs.]
7c -- print out the command for changing permissions of a script to executable (kind of lazy--chmod 755 isn't that involved...).(sorta made obsolete by the ch launchers (still arguably useful for vtg use)).
1 -- single monitor menu
2 -- double monitor menu
g -- grid menu
x -- x axis menu
y -- y axis menu
w -- width menu
h -- height menu
mv -- move
wn -- windows menu
mn -- minimize
mx -- maximize window
o -- old windows manipulation menu
s -- new version of supplemental menus
n -- the original nwpus menu
n1 -- the full word-processing menu without any of the supplementals. it has n2 and n3 as submenus but gives some prominence to the overall document formatting commands from n3
n2 -- just the highlight and click to apply word processing/html code section
n3 -- the paste and place section of the main (word processing) menu.
slac -- search all databases
sloc -- search selected database with option to print results #sometimes problematic
sluc --update all slocate databases/create databases (thanks to musher0 for the slocate wrapper and the three scripts i've renamed here)
ww - winswitcher
sv -- make a folder a server. open a terminal and sv in the pax launcher (nwp launcher, etc) will print out "python -m SimpleHTTPServerWithUpload"--open a browser in the client computer and input the ipnet address (run ifconfig in a terminal) with :8000 appended to it (i.e. http://192.168.1.66:8000). this will allow you to upload and download files to the directory you ran the sv command (i.e. shift+spacebar (which pops up the modified pexec launcher showing /nwp/ in the entry box) then sv then enter) in.
by rcrsn51. thread here: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 132#415132 (unnecessary now that it has a gui)
fw -- toggle firewall on off (actually give a pop up that provides the function. requires the pet by tronkel you can find at
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 9ea478cf1f). rcrsn51's SimpleHTTPServerWithUpload won't run with the firewall in place and this is a convenient way to temporarily disable it.
-3--------------------------- 6
1 2----------------------- 8 9
-4 ----------------------------7
b5=full screen left, b10=full screen right. b series is halves and wholes.
1 2--------------6 7
--5----------------10
3 4--------------8 9
a# series is quadrants...
sk - sakura (also t in nwp/pwn/pax or any terminal for most of them (some may be set to urxvt or rxvt--they all have sakura though)
rn - gfnrename (batchrenamer)
hlx - htop (through urxvt) and lxtask
bh - adds bold tags around a selection of text in any text editor
uh - adds underline tags around a selection of text in any text editor
sth - add strikethrough tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input
ih - add italics tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input
bb - print out bold tags
cmt - print out comment (<!-- -->) tags
ii - print out italics tags
st - print out strikethrough tags
ul - print out underline tags
#wm -- go to one of the giant menu submenu menus (presently set for root 0 menu--requires jwm and the root3 folder in /nwp)--[Obs.]
some changes to the templates...
a much better way to launch and batch launch files (you'll get a dual view without having to to click the file more than once. for print preview of the pdf form of this essentially txt/html word processing document (though you can embed and link what you like , it seems), you'll need to access to your choice of browser/htmlviewer's print preview button. to change the headers and footers, you'll need to use your browser's print > options menu.
-------------
dual launchers (text editor and browser) for the Nooby Word Processor/nwp:
ggc -- geany, chrome
gigc -- geany new instance, chrome
gio -- geany new instance, opera
lgc -- leafpad, chromium
gif -- geany new instance, firefox
def -- default text editor, default browser
gf -- geany, firefox
tef -- default text editor, firefox
lff -- leafpad, firefox
gb -- geany, default browser
gib -- geany new instance, default browser
leb -- leafpad, default browser
leafy -- leafpad, seamonkey
dlll -- leafpad, dillo
ged -- geany, dillo
ges -- geany, seamonkey
lop -- leafpad, opera
gep -- geany, palemoon
gc -- geany, chromium
gip -- geany new instance, palemoon
gic -- geany new instance, chromium
lep -- leafpad, palemoon
gid -- geany new instance, dillo
lec -- leafpad, chromium
gis -- geany new instance, seamonkey
more shortcuts now available to the Nooby Uber Utility Pack
sda[1-6]-sdd[1-6] -- open those partitions
the following will open in rox if entered in the pw,n launcher: mnt, home, mdoc (opens root/my-documents), apps (opens usr/share/applications), jwm (/root/.jwm), bin, jxdg(etc/xdg/templates), conf (/root/.configure), mybin (/root/my-applications/bin), etc, tmp, and pack (/nwp).
at, at[1-10] are autotext scripts. atx is the template, ate will open the 11 in geany for you to edit/rename. single monitor setups now have similar nwp shortcuts as doubles:
q series is quarter sized up to five (which is configurable and centrally placed);
q6 and q7 set the active window to left and right halves of the screen respectively
q8 and q9 are top and bottom. q10 is full/maximized (as is mx).
Code:
q1 q2 q8
q5 q6 q7
q3 q4 q9
some deps, recs, and links:
pcp requires puppy control panel:http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61961
tas requires take a shot: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=84528
f requires find and run: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 5582835582
xpc and xpb require xpad
[tas and find and run are now built ins--for original tas icon install the pet. some alternate icons in nwp/icons, nwp/keys, and nwp/root3/icons]
some other included shortcuts:
xpc -- xpad clear
xpb -- xpad back up
[these have been neglected because i mostly use "lpx" in place of xpad and sync the notes folder to my dropbox account--been meaning to switch copy out for rsync (but i still haven't read up on rsync beyond tales of its superiority]
cnt -- spit out the code in those echo sections from the script above that allows you to create files with predetermined content (cnt--content)
c- -- a comment line that looks like this: #------------------
tas -- SFR's take a shot
pcp -- radky's puppy control panel
ww -- MochiMoppel's WinSwitcher
v -- vtg
---------
(another batch from recent update:)
roks -- open k1-10 in geany for editing (they're rox bookmark files, but will open regular files with default handler in addition to directories with rox)
geak - open all the word processor templates in geany
duals -- open a folder containing a group of dual launchers (text editors and browsers) for use with the nooby word processor
paw -- page break above, white text
pbw -- page break below, white text
l- open launcher customized for leafpad
r- open launcher customized for rox
g- open launcher customized for geany
---------
another batch from recent update:
rad -- rox, starting level is /root/my-documents
rab -- rox, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
gad -- geany, starting level is /root/my-documents
gab -- geany, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
lad -- leafpad, starting level is /root/my-documents
lab -- leafpad, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
chab -- chmod 755 (allow script to run) prefix, starting level is /root/my-applications/bin
atdesk --make a desktop template
jp -- open jwmrc-personal with geany
(a new gynysys based on the move of many files out of root and root/my-applications/bin and into /nwp. will open a duplicate for you to modify)
hi - hard info
mr - sfr's multi rename
ppm --so you can call the ppm from the nwp launcher without having to go to findnrun or a terminal or backspace or ctrl-a over the text (/nwp/)
v - the vtg (also working well in quirky)
m - pmount and partview
veg - same a alt+g -- vgt, nwp and puup help
gi - new instance of geany
cursor at right versions of launcher
p -- main nwp launcher
ch - permissions launcher
gl - geany launcher (also -g)
ll - leafpad launcher (also -l)
rl - rox launcher (also -r)
highlighted entry versions:
r- rox launcher
g- geany launcher
ch- change permissions launcher
l- leafpad launcher
f1-f36 --type/press those function keys
(one of my machines is without) (:() (though 1600 virtual key keypad(s) make up for it--not every program will accept all it has to offer, but you can try F36 plus up to four modifiers (k launcher, acswf36 (alt, control, shift, windows key--that's the pattern. from one to four modifiers in alphabetical order for alphanumeric characters and function keys to F36--rename the call codes whatever you like. single digit codes all unused though i've been finding sometimes too cryptic's not much of a help (but the k2 launcher gives you 600 by number--iirc, just the function and numbers starting with the former with four modifiers? (i prefer the other version, but the easiest way to set keycuts for programs may be through a menu you generate for the purpose))))).
elp - help opened up in leafpad (mostly paste and paste cheats until you modify them)
tem - ae templates menu
AEMENU KEYCUTS:
what it is -- what to enter into the p,wn launcher:
nwp and submenus -- n
word processor without supplemental menus -- n1
paste and place formatting codes only -- n2
highlight and select formatting codes only -- n3
supplemental -- s
single monitors -- 1
double monitors -- 2
aef -- aemenu containing (nearly?) all the aemenus
pw,n launchers for nwp -- pwns
grids (x and y by 100 pixel increments) -- g
extra windows manipulation menu -- o
points on axis y -- y
points on axis x -- x
width by fives -- w
height by fives -- h
templates and dual launchers -- tem
aemenu dual launchers -- dual
aemenu window size and placement -- w1
(new one, "elp," pops up a leafpad document with what's between the asterisk trains. modify to taste)

new additions:

gg and the key launchers [documentation pending]

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 274#895274
main key launcher -- k
key launcher for 669 version -- k2 (as separate launcher)
key launcher without sweep right-- k-
key launcher, change permissions of mini script (key, key sequence, etc)-- kch
open key folder -- kir
key launcher, mod keys in geany -- kg
key launcher, mod keys in geany, new instance -- kgi
key launcher, mod keys (rename, save as, repeat, etc) in leafpad -- kl
key launcher, return to main launcher -- p
gg -- aemenu popup for custom geany items (vtg, keys, menu entries--use as a template to put other programs' shortcuts in easier reach and/or a custom arrangement.
pwns -- aemenu of all the launchers
aef -- all the aemenus as an aemenu popup

_______

vtg5 opens up an expanded version of "elp" in geany.

mae -- configuration menu (ae menu also containing port, store, install scripts for use with NWPDE i.e. the insta-configure setup in /nwp/c)
ams1-3 -- toggle in the three alternate menu sets (for new installs, as of version 1.9 you needn't use any of the my series quickswitches to use this or the other toggle functions (with the exception of the six keyboard configuration switches (kb1on-kb6on---also on the ae and jwm menus in less cryptic form (jwm version of the mae menu you find starting in 1.9 is on the root four and five (up and down, alt+four and +five) menus and the shutdown+ menu on the left click (root1, alt+1) menu.)
my1-4 -- keyboard centric configuration toggle
my1r-my42 -- reverse those configurations. pattern is the same for the my30-my49 quickswitches.
avtray and dvtray 1 and the rest of the menu and tray swapping commands were originally for the menus and so may not be worded/shortened for nwp launcher use, but looking at the rest of that menu making menu (what mae originally was, although first called maekr (still there as a copy you can mod) and aei (also still there--you can mod that for your five custom jobbies in nwp/root3. they in turn can be your default swap-ins when and if you decide you take your current/future-current setup with you.
when i make 1.9 official (it's in the repo but i haven't announced in a murga-linux thread) i'll likely first clean away all from the following that isn't a launch code, but you can always check out what code launches a menu item using the same method as for editing. unfortunately for ae menus, it's usually a two step ll since the first one will only show you the name of the file it's reading--this second one is the one you need to actually look at. for menu making items, tray items, etc, for now see here (or ll > maek in the launcher, maek being the file mae reads): http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 121#905121

ilkon -- open up desktop template, leafpad
igkon -- open up desktop template, geany

from the notes file in the recs section:

Kind of related to the following idea of nwp as remaster-tool, you could use it as a sort of bootleg zero-install method. For example, i have a number of programs and scripts (01micko's get_libre office utility, MochiMoppel's SpeedDials and Winswitcher (ww), SFR and Step's FindnRun(f), etc) that aren't installed, but get called as if they are through the launcher that pretends the nwp is part of the executables' path/PATH. You can do it with scripts by renaming them and moving them into the nwp (get_libreoffice becomes getlibre in the launcher, speed dials is sd or sdr, if you just want the recents to pop up), and many pets are amenable to the same with one or two extra steps (uncompress the folder, find the script that the pet is a wrapper for, then move it and/or rename it). Of course, some things are just easier left as pets (but you may know how to make a jwm theme but not know how to make a pet of it--easier just to copy it over to its correct location perhaps).

bonus on the bootleg0: the which command will give you the location of the scripts powering most pets you and other developers have installed (it doesn't distinguish between builtins and addins). you could then just up arrow that in the terminal, prepend with "geany" or "leafpad" and a space, hit enter, then save the thing that pops up as a nwp/pwn shortcut (i.e. give it a short, easy to remember (and associate with its intended function) name and save it in the /nwp folder so the shift plus spacebar launcher can launch it. rename the keys in a similar (though easier) way: kl (or kg) in the main launcher followed by the keycode/key call--then rename the script or a copy of it).

here's that menu with a little substitution so it more resembles the rest of the list on these pages (less codey and saves you a click):

menu "menu maker
aemenu launcher template -- ael
aemenu--given program -- aeae
aemenu--given title -- aeae2
aemenu template -- aeaem
jwm --given program -- jwmkr
jwm --given label -- jwmmkr
jwm menu template -- jwmm
jwm includes template -- jwmi
[these follow the same pattern as the highlight and click to apply formatting codes in the n,n1, and n2 ae menus]
grab exec commands --leafpad -- e4ml
grab exec commands --geany -- e4m
end

menu "Select Custom Keyboard Configuration
keycentric configs:" "
keyboard-1 (my1) -- my1
keyboard-2 (my2) -- my2
keyboard-3 (my3) -- my3
keyboard-4 (my4) -- my4

reverse keycentric configs:" "
reverse my1 (my1) -- my1r
reverse my2 (my2r) -- my2r
reverse my3 (my3r) -- my3r
reverse my4 (my4r) -- my4r
edit quickswitches (40 series and KB) -- edit4i

these could be made into two separate scripts for launcher (rather than menu/launcher-to-menu) activation:

menu "edit the 6 key configs:
edit keys: geany" "geany /nwp/root3/9menusblanks/keys0 /nwp/root3/9menusblanks/keys1 /nwp/root3/9/keys0 /nwp/root3/9/keys1 /nwp/root3/10/keys0 /nwp/root3/10/keys1
edit keys: geany -i" "geany -i /nwp/root3/9menusblanks/keys0 /nwp/root3/9menusblanks/keys1 /nwp/root3/9/keys0 /nwp/root3/9/keys1 /nwp/root3/10/keys0 /nwp/root3/10/keys1

[geany -i means a new instance (window)--it's easier to copy and paste between menu sets that way. another, somewhat related tip: if you drag file contents to a tab it will open--together with select to copy and middle click to paste, menu making is more like finger painting than coding (not that i really know how to do the latter). three sets of nine seemed like too many slots for individual leafpad entries (just use rl > root3 and open the files individual if that's what you want), and scrolling from the first to (a version of?) the thirtieth seemed like a stretch without the new window, but you could also open the lot in the same/current geany.]

Choose Alternate Key Configuration (my1-4 series only):"
(the 4 can swap 6)" "
KB1 -- kb1on
KB2 -- kb2on
KB3 -- kb3on
(these are the swap on keyboard configs mentioned earlier)
KB4 -- kb4on
KB5 -- kb5on
KB6 -- kb6on

menu "Swap Menu Sets
edit menu set 1 -- ems1
edit menu set 2 -- ems2
edit menu set 3 -- ems3
activate menu set 1 -- ams1
activate menu set 2 -- ams2
activate menu set 3 -- ams3
edit menu set 1i -- ems1i
edit menu set 2i -- ems2i
edit menu set 3i -- ems3i
(edit items from this menu is what i had in mind with the earlier comment regarding geany and the keyboard configs)

menu "edit configs and helpers
edit/open configuration files --jwm -- gea3i
edit my40 series config switches -- edit4i
edit quickswitches (30 series) -- edit3i
edit main jwm configs -- joopi
edit main jwm system configs -- jpe
edit panels incoming -- edpanc
edit panels current -- edpan
edit pinboards incoming -- edpinc
edit panels current -- edpin
edit panels incoming--new instance -- edpanic
edit panels current--new instance -- edpani
edit pinboards incoming--new instance -- edpinic
edit panels current--new instance -- edpini
edit word processing templates -- geak
edit rox shortcuts -- roks
edit autotext shortcuts -- ate
edit this menu--geany" "geany jwmim
fixmenus; jwm -restart -- fixu
swap to tray syntax for older jwm setups -- jio
swap to tray syntax for newer jwm setups -- jin
edit this menu--leafpad" "leafpad /nwp/jwmim
edit my40 series config switches -- edit4i
edit my30 series config switches -- edit3i
end

menu "tray toggles

move over the stock tray a pixel (better mouse menu access) -- xover1
undo the pixel move -- undoxover1
toggle off stock tray -- puptrayoff
toggle on stock tray -- puptrayon
SEND" "fixmenus; jwm -restart ---this one exists as "fixu"

menu "deactivate vertical trays (odd #s are set to left by default)
deactivate vertical tray12 -- dvtray12
deactivate vertical tray11 -- dvtray11
deactivate vertical tray10 -- dvtray10
deactivate vertical tray9 -- dvtray9
deactivate vertical tray8 -- dvtray8
deactivate vertical tray7 -- dvtray7
deactivate vertical tray6 -- dvtray6
deactivate vertical tray5 -- dvtray5
deactivate vertical tray4 -- dvtray4
deactivate vertical tray3 -- dvtray3
deactivate vertical tray2 -- dvtray2
deactivate vertical tray1 -- dvtray1
end

menu "deactivate top and bottom trays
deactivate top tray6 -- dtop6
deactivate top tray5 -- dtop5
deactivate top tray4 -- dtop4
deactivate top tray3 -- dtop3
deactivate top tray2 -- dtop2
deactivate top tray1 -- dtop1
deactivate bottom tray6 -- dbot6
deactivate bottom tray5 -- dbot5
deactivate bottom tray4 -- dbot4
deactivate bottom tray3 -- dbot3
deactivate bottom tray2 -- dbot2
deactivate bottom tray1 -- dbot1

menu "activate top and bottom trays
activate top tray6 -- atop6
activate top tray5 -- atop5
activate top tray4 -- atop4
activate top tray3 -- atop3
activate top tray2 -- atop2
activate top tray1 -- atop1
activate bottom tray6 -- abot6
activate bottom tray5 -- abot5
activate bottom tray4 -- abot4
activate bottom tray3 -- abot3
activate bottom tray2 -- abot2
activate bottom tray1 -- abot1
end

menu "activate vertical trays (odd #s are set to left by default)
activate vertical tray12 -- avtray12
activate vertical tray11 -- avtray11
activate vertical tray10 -- avtray10
activate vertical tray9 -- avtray9
activate vertical tray8 -- avtray8
activate vertical tray7 -- avtray7
activate vertical tray6 -- avtray6
activate vertical tray5 -- avtray5
activate vertical tray4 -- avtray4
activate vertical tray3 -- avtray3
activate vertical tray2 -- avtray2
activate vertical tray1 -- avtray1
end
end

Install/configure/store/port (entries with > need two commands):
edit the jwm version of this menu -- [gl (or ll)] > jwmim
edit the ae version of this menu -- [gl (or ll)] > aeim
edit 30 series -- edit3i
edit 40 series -- edit4i
back up current/original configuration files -- bk
restore original/previous configuration files -- rbk
port configuration files from /nwp/c -- port
store configuration files in /nwp/c -- store
edit recs, port, store -- editport
end

[my30-49, my30r-my49r were here]

edit quickswitches (30 series and KB) -- edit3i
fixmenus; jwm -restart -- fixu
edit quickswitches (40 series and KB) -- edit4i

menu "shutdown2
menu "window button issue
no buttons (possible bugfix) -- nobut
standard -- standbut
line buttons -- linebut
square buttons -- sqbut

winswitcher -- ww
recents -- sdr
rox recents -- rr

wiz -- run the wizard wizard
pcp -- (same as wiz but with pupcontrol commented out. ll > pcp > switch position of pound sign if you've installed pup control (panel? popup? not sure where i got that last p from. name change with version 2.8?) and want a separate launcher cut for it)

lpx -- ae menu that uses (mostly) leafpad as a notetaker

t2x -- print out text2xpm code template
t2x2 -- same as above plus template for a .desktop file (presumably to match up a program with the icon you just made)
jin -- trayfix-new
jio -- trayfix-old
aekill (or killae)--solve an issue reported by musher0 (who introduced me to aemenu and how to use its syntax--thanks, musher). apparently too many launched in succession can cause it to hang or not close menus it otherwise should have--this will allow it to continue as normal (once i remember seeing lxtask showing some hanging menus, but the few didn't affect much. this was on a random check of what was going on with the system (i get a kick out of htop and lxtask). another time it did, or i think it did--there were quite a few and i think i noticed some sluggishness and checked for an actual reason. or at least that's the reason there's now an aekill/killae.

cadi -- close all instances of active window's program
ccdi -- close just program's windows on current desktop
caw -- MochiMoppel's CloseAllWindows script (like cadi and ccdi but with more options and a popup)
view -- page width control for phones, convenience, and pdf printout (autotexts tags set at a width of 700px. place in <head></head> section)
dil -- dillo (a superfast and light and somewhat limited browser) reference popup (set for google, dictionary.com, murga-linux/puppy, and etymology.com--edit (add or remove web addresses to the list) with ll > dil in the main launcher (or use the leafpad launcher from its keyboard shortcut (which i can never remember))).
[jp in the launcher opens up jwmrc-personal which reveals the shortcut key to be alt+l--thought i changed it to something else...seems sort of legacy. if you use the my1-4 series, you should check out the heaps of banks of shortcut keys/potential shortcut keys before proceeding. use the mae ae menu (mae in the launcher) or the config submenus on the root 4 and 5 menus (scroll up and down, alt 4 and 5) to access and edit the files.]

_____

new for 1.9.2:

backup Geany configs -- backg
store Geany configs -- storeg
port Geany configs -- portg
restore original/previous Geany configs -- restg

geanytweak -- backg
-- portg

store LibreOffice configs -- storel
restore original/previous LibreOffice configs -- restl
backup LibreOffice configs -- backl
port LibreOffice configs -- portl

portil -- backl
-- portl

equivalent of back/portg and back/portl now removed from installation (2)step2 and each made into scripts/buttons (wrong picture covering them but that's essentially what they are--i may just copy the syntax from the wizard wizard and make this stuff a panel at some point--could use tx2 (text2xpm code printout) to make label-buttons and skip the text field part...). "portil" backs up the current lo configs if any and ports in your custom choice. "geanytweak" backs up the original geany configurations (keyboard, toolbar, main) and ports in a set ready made with the vtg tweak in place, a history set at roughly 50 configuration files (including all those from the three folders (9,10, 9menusblanks) in root3 that feed JWM the info for the menus, trays, and keys), the necessary keycuts for the custom geany menus (set for alt9, alt0, alt2 (also middle click) at the moment) to work, and enables spell check. jag and jagvk should be on the new recent documents list, which should help you in your menu making endeavors. swap the non vk version (it shows you the code the other has in the scripts--follow its pattern to add more keys and set them after the menu is made by keys>edit>[clicking your menu]) out (relabel, expand, copy) for use with other programs or to add additional menus. look at root4menu, root5menu, root2menu, root9menu, root0menu for that "<Includes>" line--change to match other menus you'd like to add by pointing to the new files (no reason for that menu to repeat five times, the space efficiency of pipe menus notwithstanding. control+shift o (or right click>open selected file) take the inconvenience out of files reading from other files--it's a cool feature another reason i recommend editing the JWM stuff in geany over leafpad).

fixes to joop, joopi, jp, and jpe
(typo on "jwmrc-tray," defunct files removed; joop and joopi open all the keys, menus, and trays in the main three in root3; joopi does it in a new instance of geany. jp opens just jwmrc-personal and /etc/.../_root_.jwmrc. jpe opens the tray in addition to these two. you could just open joop in geany (gl launcher) and access the files individually with the right click as described above). dopey name for joop/i is mnemonic for root plus jwm--both will open over forty files at once. vtg5 gave another five files to add to the recents list…

_____

[should have 192 up by tomorrow morning or earlier]

edit: four and five contain the installation, configuration switches, menumaking, and port-store-restore submenus--i never put the custom program menus on those (but you're free to if you like--just add an includes line wherever you want it to go, sandwich it between <Menu></Menu> tags to compress a submenu to a line on the main if your menus get too long (copy the other menu templates to see how to label it--well, the second one's fine as is. for the top of the sandwich just add a label="" tag:

<Menu label="your title here">
[menu entries or an <Includes></Includes> line]
</Menu>

))

for 192, you can skip the second step of the install sequence (the one labeled "2," not the actual second step, which is labeled 00--install the deps and move the nwp folder to /, then proceed to 1step1, which will back up your jwm configs and move some useful files to /root/my-applications/bin--the nwp launcher calls on these for some functions and to reset itself should you get finger-tied or typo it past convenience) and transfer over the configuration files for the vtg and custom menus/menu templates. the recs from 1.9 are gone and replaced by just geany 125 and the plugin pack for it (both made by Corvus). i added two 1.27 plugins (overview and multiterm) that are working well for me in Xenialpup--haven't tried them in anything else yet (and so they're commented out). you could skip the recs and still have the vtg, but the extend select and some of the other functions shown on the menus won't work without the plugins.

"dil" requires dillo--available in the browser section of the repo and thanks to OscarTalks. the two largest of the latest five or so nwps have it as part of the recs or approximatic/uncompressed remaster folder in /nwp/c.

________

added 08/08/2016:

conf2p -- make pets of your geany configurations (toolbar, keyboard shortcuts, general configuration); your rox settings (bookmarks, your menu2 file (which controls the shortcuts for bookmarks, make-new-file-from-template, and right click functions; it also sets the icons for the filer windows), your templates, and your groups (speed dial to a folder by number--set with control plus the chosen number from within the chosen folder)); your jwm settings (you can uncomment some of it below and add your jwm and gtk themes); and your libreoffice configuration/settings. the launcher will dump the pets in a configpets subfolder in /root since it's apparently set to that...at least in xenial. through the terminal (and generally speaking) it should make the pets in whatever file window's open when you call the code (which are all clickable scripts and available in root/my-applications/bin and /nwp/pets (as well as the nwp folder proper).
l2p -- just the libreoffice configurations ported to pet
r2p -- the rox stuff
j2p -- the jwm configurations
g2p --your geany settings
see http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 106#917106
for more

_____

added 8/24:

the viewport function makes the line breaking stuff from earlier more or less obsolete. these are the pw,n launcher versions of the newer templates jwm, aemenu and rox call.

____________________-

Puppus Dogfellow

most recent keyboard configuration files (jwmrc-personal

#70 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

from nwp keyboard shortcuts (jwm):

from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 759#908759
(approximately series of precise spins thread)

____

built in keyboard shortcuts (default version. many call nwp/pwn scripts or aemenus. see the pwn launcher shortcut list above or forthcoming keycentric version (better comments) to decode. a, b, and q are positionals/window-resizers, and alt+# no longer takes you to a specific desktop (d# does, the function keys (keycentric only) do, but all 24 are accessible from each of the ten menus (desktops slot)...another help file built from a menu by substituting in geany...(pardon its being a bit backwards).

modifier(s)=Alt KEY=z -- xdotool key alt+1 Return (or /nwp/v--it's the vtg and not all are set up the same).
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=g -- /nwp/vtg5 (scrap, vtg and general help, 5 document popup in geany)
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=g -- /nwp/g (grids menu)
key=Up -- up
key=Down -- down
key=Right -- right
key=Left -- left
key=h -- left
key=j -- down
key=k -- up
key=l -- right
key=Return -- select
key=Escape -- escape
key=F12 -- root:3

modifier(s)=Control KEY=Tab -- prev
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=Tab -- next
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=F4 -- close

modifier(s)=Alt KEY=F1 -- root:3
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=F2 -- window
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=F3 -- exec/nwp/n

modifier(s)=Shift KEY=F2 -- /nwp/ww
modifier(s)=Shift KEY=F1 -- /nwp/v
modifier(s)=Shift KEY=F3 -- /nwp/g

modifier(s)=Shift KEY=F4 -- /nwp/sd
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F12 -- /nwp/n2</Key
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F11 -- /nwp/n1
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F10 -- /nwp/q10
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F9 -- /nwp/q9</Key
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F8 -- /nwp/q8
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F7 -- /nwp/q7
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F6 -- /nwp/q6</Key
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F5 -- /nwp/q5
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F4 -- /nwp/q4
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F3 -- /nwp/q3</Key
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F2 -- /nwp/q2
modifier(s)=Control KEY=F1 -- /nwp/q1

modifier(s)=Alt KEY=Escape -- fullscreen
modifier(s)=Control KEY=Escape -- showdesktop
modifier(s)=Shift KEY=Escape -- window
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=Escape -- move
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=Escape -- minimize
modifier(s)=ControlS KEY=Escape -- maximize
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=Escape -- resize

keycode=160 -- amixer sset Master toggle
keycode=176 -- amixer sset Master 1+,1+
keycode=174 -- amixer sset Master 1-,1-
keycode=178 -- defaultbrowser
keycode=236 -- defaultbrowser
keycode=111 -- defaultscreenshot

modifier(s)=Alt KEY=Up -- /nwp/supup
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=Down -- /nwp/supdown
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=Right -- /nwp/supright
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=Left -- /nwp/supleft

modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=Up -- maximize
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=Down -- minimize
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=Right -- resize
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=Left -- move

modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=Up -- fullscreen
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=Down -- showdesktop
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=Right -- next
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=Left -- prev

modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=Up -- /nwp/2
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=Down -- /nwp/n
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=Right -- /nwp/g
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=Left -- /nwp/s

modifier(s)=Alt KEY=1 -- root:1
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=2 -- root:2
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=3 -- root:3
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=4 -- root:4
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=5 -- root:5
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=6 -- root:6
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=7 -- root:7
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=8 -- root:8
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=9 -- root:9
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=0 -- root:0

modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=1 -- /nwp/a1
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=2 -- /nwp/a2
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=3 -- /nwp/a3
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=4 -- /nwp/a4
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=5 -- /nwp/a5
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=6 -- /nwp/a6
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=7 -- /nwp/a7
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=8 -- /nwp/a8
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=9 -- /nwp/a9
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=0 -- /nwp/a10

modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=1 -- /nwp/b1
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=2 -- /nwp/b2
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=3 -- /nwp/b3
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=4 -- /nwp/b4
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=5 -- /nwp/b5
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=6 -- /nwp/b6
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=7 -- /nwp/b7
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=8 -- /nwp/b8
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=9 -- /nwp/b9
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=0 -- /nwp/b10

<!-- modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=2 -- vgt -->

modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=1 -- /nwp/winswitcher

modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=2 -- xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return ctrl+7

modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=3 -- /nwp/3but
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=4 -- window
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=5 -- move
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=6 -- resize
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=7 -- minimize
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=8 -- maximize
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=9 -- prev
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=0 -- next

modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=1 -- ldesktop
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=2 -- rdesktop
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=3 -- udesktop
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=4 -- ddesktop
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=5 -- prevstacked
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=6 -- nextstacked
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=7 -- shade
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=8 -- showdesktop
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=9 -- fullscreen
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=0 -- /nwp/k

key=h -- left
key=j -- down
key=k -- up
key=l -- right

modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=h -- /nwp/rungn
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=j -- /nwp/rungo
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=k -- /nwp/rungt
modifier(s)=Alt+Control KEY=l -- /nwp/lpx

modifier(s)=Alt KEY=h -- /nwp/k
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=j -- /nwp/rl
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=k -- /nwp/gl
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=l -- /nwp/ll

(these are the virtual keypad, rox, geany, and leafpad launchers)

modifier(s)=Shift+Alt KEY=h -- ccdi
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt KEY=j -- close
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt KEY=k -- kill
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt KEY=l -- cadi

<!-- mnemonic is "ask to kill"--these are shutdown scripts on the right side home row. shift plus control below are layer and stickiness.-->

modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=h -- move
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=j -- resize
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=k -- prevstacked
modifier(s)=Shift+Alt+Control KEY=l -- nextstacked
<!-- also on the arrow keys-->
<!-- layer above, middle, below:-->
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=h -- laa
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=j -- lma
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=k -- lba
modifier(s)=Shift+Control KEY=l -- wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,sticky

modifier(s)=Alt KEY=space -- rox
modifier(s)=Control KEY=space -- /nwp/winswitcher
modifier(s)=Shift KEY=space -- /nwp/p
(^main launcher^)

modifier(s)=Control+Alt KEY=space -- /nwp/rr
(^rox recents--will likely need adjusting depending on the spin/your menu2 file^)
modifier(s)=Control+Space KEY=space -- /nwp/cr
modifier(s)=Alt+Shift KEY=space -- /nwp/n
modifier(s)=Control+Alt+Shift KEY=space -- /nwp/(blank)

(taken from a murga-linux.com/puppy post):

Puppus Dogfellow

Posted: Mon 20 Jun 2016, 23:17 Post subject: the keycentric keyboard shortcuts (my1-my4 series--each has
Subject description: six to swap in and out. all are copies of what's below (though in actual jwm keycut syntax))  
hopefully this is a little more readable a reference than the file from which it's taken:

keyboard shortcuts --keycentric version:

<!-- Key bindings -->

<!-- alt z is the vtg, alt g is the help files for the vtg and nwp, alt shift g is the grids pop up (aemenu set up to divide the screen into 100 pixel placement points)-->
Alt+ KEY=z -- exec:xdotool key alt+1 Down Return
Alt+ KEY=g -- exec:geany /nwp/vtg5
Alt+Shift+ KEY=g -- exec:/nwp/g

<!-- alt shift g is grid menu (move windows around the screen by 100 pixel increments), alt g opens vtg help files in geany, alt plus z is the vtg-->

KEY=Up -- up
KEY=Down -- down
KEY=Right -- right
KEY=Left -- left
KEY=h -- left
KEY=j -- down
KEY=k -- up
KEY=l -- right
KEY=Return -- select
KEY=Escape -- escape

Ctrl+ KEY=Tab -- prev
Alt+ KEY=Tab -- next

<!-- a, b, q do the following:

q series is quarter sized up to five (which is configurable and centrally placed);
q6 and q7 set the active window to left and right halves of the screen respectively
q8 and q9 are top and bottom. q10 is full/maximized (as is mx).
q1 q2 q8
q5 q6 q7
q3 q4 q9

-3--------------------------- 6
1 2----------------------- 8 9
-4 ----------------------------7

b5=full screen left, b10=full screen right. b series is halves and wholes.

1 2--------------6 7
--5----------------10
3 4--------------8 9

a# series is quadrants...

one of the most up to date versions of the cheat sheet available (to cross reference codes)

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 701#860701

-->

Ctrl+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/n1
Ctrl+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/n
Ctrl+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/q10
Ctrl+ KEY=F9 -- exec:/nwp/q9</Key
Ctrl+ KEY=F8 -- exec:/nwp/q8
Ctrl+ KEY=F7 -- exec:/nwp/q7
Ctrl+ KEY=F6 -- exec:/nwp/q6</Key
Ctrl+ KEY=F5 -- exec:/nwp/q5
Ctrl+ KEY=F4 -- exec:/nwp/q4
Ctrl+ KEY=F3 -- exec:/nwp/q3</Key
Ctrl+ KEY=F2 -- exec:/nwp/q2
Ctrl+ KEY=F1 -- exec:/nwp/q1

Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/n2</Key
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/n3
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/a10
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F9 -- exec:/nwp/a9</Key
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F8 -- exec:/nwp/a8
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F7 -- exec:/nwp/a7
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F6 -- exec:/nwp/a6</Key
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F5 -- exec:/nwp/a5
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F4 -- exec:/nwp/a4
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F3 -- exec:/nwp/a3</Key
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F2 -- exec:/nwp/a2
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=F1 -- exec:/nwp/a1

Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/tem</Key
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/s
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/b10
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F9 -- exec:/nwp/b9</Key
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F8 -- exec:/nwp/b8
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F7 -- exec:/nwp/b7
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F6 -- exec:/nwp/b6</Key
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F5 -- exec:/nwp/b5
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F4 -- exec:/nwp/b4
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F3 -- exec:/nwp/b3</Key
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F2 -- exec:/nwp/b2
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=F1 -- exec:/nwp/b1

Shift+ KEY=F1 -- exec:/nwp/g
Shift+ KEY=F2 -- exec:/nwp/wm
Shift+ KEY=F3 -- exec:/nwp/o
Shift+ KEY=F4 -- window
Shift+ KEY=F5 -- move
Shift+ KEY=F6 -- resize
Shift+ KEY=F7 -- minimize
Shift+ KEY=F8 -- maximize
Shift+ KEY=F9 -- prev
Shift+ KEY=F10 -- next
Shift+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/ww
Shift+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/w1

Alt+Shift+ KEY=F1 -- ldesktop
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F2 -- rdesktop
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F3 -- udesktop
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F4 -- ddesktop
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F5 -- prevstacked
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F6 -- nextstacked
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F7 -- shade
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F8 -- showdesktop
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F9 -- fullscreen
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/pxc
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/gxc
Alt+Shift+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/p

<!-- alt plus f1 and f4 are built-ins. -->

Alt+ KEY=F1 -- root:3
Alt+ KEY=F2 -- window
Alt+ KEY=F3 -- /nwp/rr
Alt+ KEY=F4 -- close
Alt+ KEY=F5 -- /nwp/sd
Alt+ KEY=F6 -- /nwp/sdr
Alt+ KEY=F7 -- exec:/nwp/w
Alt+ KEY=F8 -- exec:/nwp/h
Alt+ KEY=F9 -- exec:/nwp/x
Alt+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/y
Alt+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/1
Alt+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/2
<!--
in dual monitor setups, the q series could be replaced or modified to give ten additional preset position/dimension commands to active windows or replaced with select select versions of a(1-10) and b(1-10) (called by as(1-10) and bs(1-10)). single monitor setups can get 20 additional custom positionals by editing the a and b series below* (enter ll in the main launcher, then enter the launch code to edit in leafpad. use gl to do the same in geany. the function keys below are for the 24 desktops. windows key sends you to the first 12 desktops, alt+windows key the next 12, control instead of alt for the send to version for 1-12, shift and windows key for desktops 13-24. personally, i think it's easier to use d# and s# in the launcher, but it's here for you to use or modify/reassign. there's no included select version for the quadrants and halves for single monitor setups, but
geany q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 q6 q7 q8 q9 q10
will open them up for editing. swap the :ACTIVE: for :SELECT: and rename to qs# if you want them. (next version will likely include them and a few other tweaks to the jwmrc-personal file.

*the a and b series have now also been moved to the function keys (they're easier to edit (q5 aside as it's the same syntax) than the q series--you'll just be filling out four fields, x,y,w,h) and can be found above. (i'll merely comment out their former location--you could pick which set up you like better).

-->

Winkey+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/d12
Winkey+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/d11
Winkey+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/d10
Winkey+ KEY=F9 -- exec:/nwp/d9
Winkey+ KEY=F8 -- exec:/nwp/d8
Winkey+ KEY=F7 -- exec:/nwp/d7
Winkey+ KEY=F6 -- exec:/nwp/d6
Winkey+ KEY=F5 -- exec:/nwp/d5
Winkey+ KEY=F4 -- exec:/nwp/d4
Winkey+ KEY=F3 -- exec:/nwp/d3
Winkey+ KEY=F2 -- exec:/nwp/d2
Winkey+ KEY=F1 -- exec:/nwp/d1

Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/d24
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/d23
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/d22
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F9 -- exec:/nwp/d21
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F8 -- exec:/nwp/d20
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F7 -- exec:/nwp/d19
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F6 -- exec:/nwp/d18
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F5 -- exec:/nwp/d17
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F4 -- exec:/nwp/d16
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F3 -- exec:/nwp/d15
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F2 -- exec:/nwp/d14
Winkey+Alt+ KEY=F1 -- exec:/nwp/d13
<!-- go to desktops 1-24-->

Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/s12
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/s11
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/s10
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F9 -- exec:/nwp/s9
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F8 -- exec:/nwp/s8
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F7 -- exec:/nwp/s7
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F6 -- exec:/nwp/s6
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F5 -- exec:/nwp/s5
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F4 -- exec:/nwp/s4
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F3 -- exec:/nwp/s3
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F2 -- exec:/nwp/s2
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=F1 -- exec:/nwp/s1

Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F12 -- exec:/nwp/s24</Key
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F11 -- exec:/nwp/s23
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F10 -- exec:/nwp/s22
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F9 -- exec:/nwp/s21
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F8 -- exec:/nwp/s20
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F7 -- exec:/nwp/s19
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F6 -- exec:/nwp/s18
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F5 -- exec:/nwp/s17
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F4 -- exec:/nwp/s16
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F3 -- exec:/nwp/s15
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F2 -- exec:/nwp/s14
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F1 -- exec:/nwp/s13

<!-- send to desktops 1-24-->

<!-- F12 is a built in. -->

KEY=F12 -- root:3

Alt+ KEY=Escape -- fullscreen
Ctrl+ KEY=Escape -- showdesktop
Shift+ KEY=Escape -- window
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=Escape -- move
Alt+Shift+ KEY=Escape -- minimize
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=Escape -- maximize
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=Escape -- resize

<!-- editing the escape series necessitates editing other things. which reminds me, don't use the showdesktop entry on the menu--it doesn't work. use the keys or the buttons. press escape and hold if you hit the showdesktop on the menus (it needs to be removed)-->

Alt+ KEY=space -- exec:rox
Ctrl+ KEY=space -- exec:winswitcher
Shiftt+ KEY=space -- exec:/nwp/p
Ctrl+Alt+ KEY=space -- exec:/nwp/rr
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=space -- exec:/nwp/cr
Alt+Shift+ KEY=space -- exec:/nwp/t
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=space -- exec:/nwp/rup

<!--
MochiMoppel's excellent winswitcher allows you to navigate windows better than than the tray does (more options, more keyboard friendly--it's ww in the launcher. rr is rox recents, cr is close all rox, rup is three up from the bottom on the rox bookmarks tab (ctrl plus b in a rox window), rox is activated by alt plus spacebar (ll launcher plus rr will allow you to set what folder is being opened when the recents is being called. you could do the same for rup and rb (rox bookmarks)).
-->

KEY=h -- left
KEY=j -- down
KEY=k -- up
KEY=l -- right

Alt+ KEY=h -- move
Alt+ KEY=j -- resize
Alt+ KEY=k -- prev
Alt+ KEY=l -- next

Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=h -- /nwp/rungn
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=j -- /nwp/rungo
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=k -- /nwp/rungt
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=l -- /nwp/lpx

<Key mask="SA" KEY=h -- exec:ccdi
<Key mask="SA" KEY=j -- close
<Key mask="SA" KEY=k -- exec:kill
<Key mask="SA" KEY=l -- exec:cadi

<!-- mnemonic is "ask to kill"--these are shutdown scripts on the right side home row. alt plus shift plus. the alt controls above it are layer and stickiness.-->

Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=h -- move
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=j -- resize
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=k -- prevstacked
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=l -- nextstacked

Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=h -- exec:laa
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=j -- exec:lma
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=k -- exec:lba
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=l -- exec:wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,sticky

<!--
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=h -- exec:/nwp/x0
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=j -- exec:/nwp/x1200
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=k -- exec:/nwp/x2000
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=l -- exec:/nwp/x2500

Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=h -- exec:/nwp/y0
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=j -- exec:/nwp/y200
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=k -- exec:/nwp/y400
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=l -- exec:/nwp/y800

these are fairly lame--random spots on the x and y axes -->

<!-- supleft et al scripts (grab and quickly move a window with the arrows) don't work in 64 bit slacko, 64 bit quirky april, or 64 bit werewolf, so there seems to be a problem with the 64 bit versions of xdotool and wmctrl. here's a blank version for you to fill in with whatever you choose (move the comment arrows to the above in 64 bit). note--no "exec:"--add if you're not using windows function.

Alt+ KEY=Up --
Alt+ KEY=Down --
Alt+ KEY=Right --
Alt+ KEY=Left --

-->

Alt+ KEY=Up -- exec:/nwp/supup
Alt+ KEY=Down -- exec:/nwp/supdown
Alt+ KEY=Right -- exec:/nwp/supright
Alt+ KEY=Left -- exec:/nwp/supleft

Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=Up -- maximize
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=Down -- minimize
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=Right -- resize
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=Left -- move

Alt+Shift+ KEY=Up -- fullscreen
Alt+Shift+ KEY=Down -- showdesktop
Alt+Shift+ KEY=Right -- next
Alt+Shift+ KEY=Left -- prev

Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=Up -- exec:/nwp/2
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=Down -- exec:/nwp/n
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=Right -- exec:/nwp/g
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=Left -- exec:/nwp/s

<!-- nearly everything is now duplicated on the function keys so you could generally pick one or the other/modify either. don't mess with escape or alt plus number though.-->

Alt+ KEY=1 -- root:1
Alt+ KEY=2 -- root:2
Alt+ KEY=3 -- root:3
Alt+ KEY=4 -- root:4
Alt+ KEY=5 -- root:5
Alt+ KEY=6 -- root:6
Alt+ KEY=7 -- root:7
Alt+ KEY=8 -- root:8
Alt+ KEY=9 -- root:9
Alt+ KEY=0 -- root:0

Winkey+ KEY=1 -- exec:/nwp/n1
Winkey+ KEY=2 -- exec:/nwp/n2
Winkey+ KEY=3 -- exec:/nwp/n3
Winkey+ KEY=4 -- exec:/nwp/n
Winkey+ KEY=5 -- exec:/nwp/tem
Winkey+ KEY=6 -- exec:/nwp/uh
Winkey+ KEY=7 -- exec:/nwp/ii
Winkey+ KEY=8 -- exec:/nwp/pbw
Winkey+ KEY=9 -- exec:/nwp/paw
Winkey+ KEY=0 -- exec:/nwp/elp

<!--
the above repeat below as commented out blanks. delete these (or move the arrow on line 14 to line 2) if you'd prefer to use your own. 4 is the windows key. held together with the number specified they execute the following functions (exec code (minus the /nwp/ part) is what gets entered into the launcher, which itself is most conveniently called with the built in spacebar plus shift shortcut):
win+1=main nwp menu
win+2=only the highlight and click to apply word processing codes (thanks again to miriam).
win+3=only the paste and place word processor codes
win+4=main nuup menu: nwp menu as 1 plus the uber utilities packs' functions.
win+5=ae tem menu--access template files or make word processing files out of text files. access a folder for drag and drop launching of batches of files (something that could also be done through the vtg or with launcher if the identical code is sent as a script (i.e. it has #!/bin/sh at the top and has been given the proper permission (e.g. with ch in the launcher followed by its name in the following launcher that pops up)) to the /nwp/ folder.)
win+6=underline -- highlight and activate (through code, key, or menu)
win+7=italics -- paste and paste version
win+8=page break in white, below
win+9=page break in white, above
win+0=help file pop up in leafpad

1 and 5 can be seen as start centers, though the vtg and the remaining blanks can likewise initiate the dual launchers (or any other program, for that matter)
-->
<!--

blank templates for an additional 132 shortcut keys. they all rely on the ten number keys. surround path and file name with <Include></Include> and place in /root/.jwmrc-personal. i.e.
<Include>/nwp/root3/9/keys2</Include>

then jwm -restart/then restart jwm.

uncomment a section below and fill in the program choices of a section to use it.

4 is the windows key; S, A, and C are shift, alt, and control. windows commands generally don't need the "exec:" and things off the PATH need their full paths after it.

the nwp menus (both ae and jwm) allow access to just about (there may've been a few oversights) every word processing command, but it's still menu access instead of button-immediacy, so to get that regular word processor feel back, you may want to have, for example, bold or underline only a key combo away.
copying the commented out group below and inserting the following (from the vtg cheat sheet that pops up when you hit alt plus g)

bh - adds bold tags around a selection of text in any text editor
uh - adds underline tags around a selection of text in any text editor
sth - add strikethrough tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input
ih - add italics tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input
bb - print out bold tags
cmt - print out comment (<!-- -->) tags
ii - print out italics tags
st - print out strikethrough tags
ul - print out underline tags
tem - open templates/duals menu

these are all in nwp, so they need the path (/nwp/) prepended to them so machine can find them. or you could just pick (and possibly copy to overwrite the versions without the "/nwp/"--just substitute out (through find and replace) the modifiers. substitute the keys to make similar levels of any other keys. well, here they are again, but with the proper path added to the call:

/nwp/bh # adds bold tags around a selection of text in any text editor
/nwp/uh # adds underline tags around a selection of text in any text editor
/nwp/sth # add strikethrough tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input
/nwp/ih # add italics tags around a selection of text in any editor or window that can receive text input
/nwp/bb # print out bold tags
/nwp/cmt # print out comment (<!-- -->) tags
/nwp/ii # print out italics tags
/nwp/st # print out strikethrough tags
/nwp/ul # print out underline tags
/nwp/tem # open templates/duals menu

(i made them so they'd work in a fake pexec or gexec history pulldown as a launchable cheat sheet, but we just need the /path/file bit for the keys. if you don't have a template with the "exec:" bits already in place, do another substitution, /nwp replaced with exec:/nwp or something similar. then just pick the keys you've got your bold, italics, and whatever else you want (including batch launching and things normally deemed apart from word processing). so that's the basic idea behind the big batch of potential keyboard shortcuts.

-->

<!--
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=1 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=2 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=3 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=4 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=5 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=6 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=7 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=8 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=9 -- exec:/nwp/
Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=0 -- exec:/nwp/
-->
<!--
Alt+Shift+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+ KEY=0 -- exec:
-->
<!--
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=1 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=2 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=3 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=4 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=5 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=6 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=7 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=8 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=9 -- exec:/nwp/
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=0 -- exec:/nwp/
-->

<!--
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=0 -- exec:

<!--a couple of samples for the previous two key banks: -->

<!-- Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=2 -- exec:vgt -->

Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=1 -- exec:/nwp/winswitcher

Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=2 -- exec:xdotool key ctrl+9 ctrl+8 Return ctrl+7

Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=3 -- exec:/nwp/3but
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=4 -- window
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=5 -- move
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=6 -- resize
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=7 -- minimize
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=8 -- maximize
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=9 -- prev
Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=0 -- next

Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=1 -- ldesktop
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=2 -- rdesktop
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=3 -- udesktop
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=4 -- ddesktop
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=5 -- prevstacked
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=6 -- nextstacked
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=7 -- shade
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=8 -- showdesktop
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=9 -- fullscreen
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+ KEY=0 -- exec:/nwp/k

<!--a couple of samples for the previous two key bank (part of main jwmrc personal in other nwp configs (through quickswitch or otherwise)>

-->

<!--
Winkey+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Winkey+ KEY=0 -- exec:
-->
<!--
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Alt+Winkey+ KEY=0 -- exec:
-->
<!--
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Ctrl+Winkey+ KEY=0 -- exec:
-->
<!--
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Shift+Winkey+ KEY=0 -- exec:
-->
<!--
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=1 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=2 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=3 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=4 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=5 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=6 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=7 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=8 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=9 -- exec:/nwp/
Winkey+Alt+Ctrl+ KEY=0 -- exec:/nwp/
-->
<!--
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Alt+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=0 -- exec:
-->
<!--
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=0 -- exec:
-->

<!--
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=1 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=2 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=3 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=4 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=5 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=6 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=7 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=8 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=9 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=0 -- exec:
-->

<!--
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F12 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F11 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F10 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F9 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F8 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F7 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F6 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F5 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F4 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F3 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F2 -- exec:
Alt+Ctrl+Shift+Winkey+ KEY=F1 -- exec:

(another set of function key blanks for you to customize)
-->

[remove the lead and trailing arrows (<!-- -->), (fill out with programs, scripts, files of your choice and save file), and restart jwm to activate an otherwise dormant bank (nearly all of which are set as blanks in the actual file you'd need to edit (on alt+4 menu or mae in the main launcher. r0-r9 in the launcher will also give you access to the ten jwm menus.)]

Puppus Dogfellow

small update plus how to nwp your auxiliary and media keys

#71 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

so that you can better process words or do whatever you'd like to do. template below is very heavily modded for nwp functions, though it's got some program specific items (geany's vtg and custom menus) and some mods that should function globally (keyboard as is doesn't really allow you do undo, redo, save, etc, but the jwm file below animates those otherwise dead keys. i left the function lock alone and would have by choice (didn't mess with print screen simply because i like it as screen shot and you could add to it ala key 230 (which you'll soon see)), but i couldn't get xev to identify the light switch or the spell key. messed around with some logitech stuff and it seems to map similar. will test out adesso as well and see how much of the media assignments are universal--on the pups i've used, the volume toggles invariably work, but the browser home buttons are more often than not dead, i find (they work/generally are an unwelcomed shock in xenial64, though).

tems main template menu has been updated and given a prominet key, as have maybe too many nwp codes in general. use the cheat sheet if the function is not immediately clear. use the includes files below (or variations of it) for your own keys, but double check that things are the same with xev even if your keyboard has an envelope button, a house button, etc (identical models should behave the same and not require this step).

from
stock jwm config file has two keyboard shortcuts for default
browser; here's half a dozen for the vtg with potentially hundreds to spare

<JWM>
<!--replace the mixer lines (or comment them out) and add 
this file saved as /nwp/root3/msnatkb with 
<Include>/nwp/root3/msnatkb<Include> in their place
 -->
<Key mask="ACS4" keycode="160">exec:amixer sset Master toggle</Key>
<Key mask="ACS4" keycode="176">exec:amixer sset Master 1+,1+</Key>
<Key mask="ACS4" keycode="174">exec:amixer sset Master 1-,1-</Key>
<Key mask="ACS4" keycode="178">exec:defaultbrowser</Key>
<Key mask="ACS4" keycode="176">exec:defaultbrowser</Key>
<!-- 
<Key keycode="160">exec:amixer sset Master toggle</Key>
<Key keycode="176">exec:amixer sset Master 1+,1+</Key>
<Key keycode="174">exec:amixer sset Master 1-,1-</Key>
<Key keycode="178">exec:/nwp/duals</Key>
<Key keycode="236">exec:defaultbrowser</Key>
 -->
<Key keycode="111">exec:defaultscreenshot</Key>

<Key keycode="178">exec:window</Key>
<Key keycode="229">exec:recoll</Key>
<Key keycode="236">exec:tem</Key>

<Key keycode="183">exec:/nwp/n1</Key>
<Key keycode="184">exec:/nwp/n3</Key>
<Key keycode="93">exec:/nwp/n2</Key>
<Key keycode="131">exec:/nwp/n</Key>
<Key keycode="247">exec:/nwp/baek</Key>

<Key keycode="160">exec:1</Key>
<Key keycode="174">exec:2</Key>
<Key keycode="176">exec:0</Key>
<!--^(single, double, and supplemental windows menus) -->

<Key keycode="162">exec:/nwp/aef</Key>
<Key keycode="161">exec:galculator</Key>
<!--<Key mask="A" keycode="162">exec:/nwp/</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="161">window</Key>
^silver rung starting with 1--mag glass is now window button-->

<Key keycode="230">exec:/nwp/v</Key>

<Key mask="A" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/p</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/ch</Key>
<Key mask="S" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/gl</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/k</Key>
<Key mask="AC" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/ll</Key>
<Key mask="AS" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/rl</Key>
<Key mask="A4" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/pwns</Key>
<Key mask="CS" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/keys/2k</Key>
<Key mask="C4" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/keys/kch</Key>
<Key mask="S4" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/keys/kg</Key>
<Key mask="ACS" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/keys/kir</Key>
<Key mask="AC4" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/keys/kl</Key>
<Key mask="CS4" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/keys/kgi</Key>
<Key mask="ACS4" keycode="230">exec:/nwp/vtg5</Key>

<Key keycode="234">prev</Key>
<Key keycode="233">next</Key>

<Key mask="A" keycode="234">prev</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="233">next</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="234">prevstacked</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="233">nextstacked</Key>
<Key mask="S" keycode="234">sendl</Key>
<Key mask="S" keycode="233">sendr</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="234">ldesktop</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="233">rdesktop</Key>
<!--function rung:-->

<Key keycode="245">exec:/nwp/p</Key>
<Key keycode="135">exec:/nwp/keys/k/cz</Key>
<Key keycode="138">exec:/nwp/keys/k/cy</Key>
<Key keycode="137">exec:/nwp/keys/k/cn</Key>
<Key keycode="191">exec:/nwp/keys/k/co</Key>
<Key keycode="175">exec:/nwp/keys/k/cw</Key>
<Key keycode="228">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf16</Key>
<Key keycode="142">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf18</Key>
<Key keycode="218">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf17</Key>
<!--^set anchor, rectangular select to anchor, select to anchor-->
<Key keycode="213">exec:/nwp/keys/k/cs</Key>
<Key keycode="185">exec:/nwp/keys/k/cp</Key>
<Key keycode="78">exec:/nwp/lpx</Key>
<Key keycode="110">exec:/nwp/v</Key>

<Key keycode="157">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf15</Key>
<Key keycode="246">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf13</Key>
<Key keycode="251">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf14</Key>

<!--^move last, last used, move first-->

<Key mask="A" keycode="245">exec:/nwp/k</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="135">exec:/nwp/chab</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="138">exec:/nwp/chad</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="137">exec:/nwp/gab</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="191">exec:/nwp/gad</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="175">exec:/nwp/lab</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="228">exec:/nwp/lad</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="142">exec:/nwp/rab</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="218">exec:/nwp/rad</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="213">exec:/nwp/tem</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="185">exec:tas</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="78">exec:geany -i</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="110">exec:vtg5</Key>

<Key mask="A" keycode="157">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf16</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="246">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf18</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="251">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf17</Key>

<!--^set anchor, rectangular select to anchor, select to anchor-->
<!--
<Key mask="C" keycode="245">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="135">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="138">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="137">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="191">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="175">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="228">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="142">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="218">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="213">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="185">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="78">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="110">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="157">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="246">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="251">exec:</Key>
-->
<!--
<Key mask="4" keycode="245">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="135">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="138">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="137">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="191">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="175">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="228">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="142">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="218">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="213">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="185">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="78">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="110">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="157">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="246">exec:</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="251">exec:</Key>
-->

</JWM>

wasn't able to post either the comment wondering how to post beneath one's attachment or anything below the attachment, but above is a very nwp/pwn anubis heavy jwm keyboard insert file that will get back and multiply the functionality of some aftermarket keyboards (this is set to the ms ergo keyboard above--i'll eventually do remaps for some logitech products i have--an ergo wireless keyboard, a new version that's slim and has a trackpad but had no middle click function, --i figure one set to highlight the word processor/utilities pack and another to just maximize customizability and functionality--just rows of blank templates like i did with the function keys (the physical ones, not those in /nwp/keys/k).

as the comment says,
<!--replace the mixer lines (or comment them out) and add
this file saved as /nwp/root3/msnatkb with
<Include>/nwp/root3/msnatkb<Include> in their place
-->
this will get rid of your dublicate browser shortcuts, match up some (i didn't look into send or forward because i don't do that much--those have been remapped to set anchor, rectangular select to anchor, select to anchor) of the labels with reality, and make the nwp pretty easy to use. launcher code cheat sheet should explain program codes that otherwise seem cryptic.(many keys now launch aemenus).

keycuts for keycode 230 (the star button top middle) show how you can expand down on a key just about as easily or conveniently as across--just depends on what you can manage to arrange in a way that will make sense to you.

_________
from
Post subject: reprogramming aftermarket keyboards 1: ms natural ergo 4000
Subject description: noopin' out a great natural/getting use out of some buttons

from http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/ ... wb0s0t.jpg, an image too big to considerately post, so the text bit:

keys marked with an asterisk (home, envelope, mute toggle, volume up, volume down) are premapped by the keyboard, the machine, or possibly your windows manager. in most cases, pressing a modifier key will reveal what key code is being used--most dedicated function keys seem to be modifiers plus regular keyboard keys. you can either start your modifications with those keys modified or you can remap the originals if possible--xev can't see them when they're pressed on their own, but most reveal the base key when a modifier is added. keys that don't work in this model are the light switch looking thing, the key marked "spell," and the key that toggles the function keys. home, mute, volume up and down are part of jwm's built ins (i intend to demote the original
functions to 4 modifiers. being labeled, they'll be easy to identify, and four is an easy enough number to remember.

<Key keycode="251">exec:/nwp/keys/k/acswf14</Key>

for modified keys:
<Key mask="A" keycode="245">exec:/nwp/k</Key>
upcoming sample remap leaves a number of the global (but not in linux though many of the call codes are the same) labels active by calling their equivalent in nwp/keys/k, which is the location of the virtual keypad--cn (for control+n for the new key, co for open and the most of the rest of that row in manner called by that nwp subfolder and/or the k launcher) and similar is also a way to transfer your own oft-used keycuts to keyboard buttons. acsw=alt+control+shift+windows key. ACS4 is the jwm version of the same--seems most programs allow up to at least four modifiers...

the illustration bit:
_______

from
forgot to update the tem (templates menu) last time around
save as /nwp/tempa2
menu "Individual Duals and The Dual Launchers Folder"
cmd "duals folder for drag and drop/batch launching" "/nwp/duals"
cmd "geany, chrome" "/nwp/ggc"
cmd "geany new instance, chrome" "/nwp/gigc"
cmd "geany new instance, opera" "/nwp/gio"
cmd "leafpad, chromium" "/nwp/lgc"
cmd "geany new instance, firefox" "/nwp/gif"
cmd "default text editor, default browser" "/nwp/def"
cmd "geany, firefox" "/nwp/gf"
cmd "default text editor, firefox" "/nwp/tef"
cmd "leafpad, firefox" "/nwp/lff"
cmd "geany, default browser" "/nwp/gb"
cmd "geany new instance, default browser" "/nwp/gib"
cmd "leafpad, default browser" "/nwp/leb"
cmd "leafpad, seamonkey" "/nwp/leafy"
cmd "leafpad, dillo" "/nwp/dlll"
cmd "geany, dillo" "/nwp/ged"
cmd "geany, seamonkey" "nwp/ges"
cmd "leafpad, opera" "/nwp/lop"
cmd "geany, palemoon" "/nwp/gep"
cmd "geany, chromium" "/nwp/gc"
cmd "geany new instance, palemoon" "/nwp/gip"
cmd "geany new instance, chromium" "/nwp/gic"
cmd "leafpad, palemoon" "/nwp/lep"
cmd "geany new instance, dillo" "/nwp/gid"
cmd "leafpad, chromium" "/nwp/lec"
cmd "geany new instance, seamonkey" "/nwp/gis"
cmd "geany new instance, slimjet" "/nwp/gij"
cmd "geany, slimjet" "/nwp/gj"
cmd "geany, netsurf" "/nwp/gn"
cmd "geany new instance, netsurf" "/nwp/gin"
cmd "leafpad, netsurf" "/nwp/lns"
cmd "leafpad, slimjet" "/nwp/lj"
end
cmd "Templates, Two Versions:" "templates: two versions"
cmd "1. Rebuild/Spit Template Code/Convert to NWP (html):" "rebuild/spit template code"
cmd " sans serif template" "/nwp/san1"
cmd " serif template" "/nwp/serf1"
cmd " mono template" "/nwp/mono1"
cmd "spit out serif 700 template" "/nwp/serf700"
cmd "spit out sans 700 template" "/nwp/sans700"
cmd "spit out mono 700 template" "/nwp/mono700"
cmd "2. Rename And Use:" "rename and use:"
cmd " mono  opened in geany" "/nwp/mono"
cmd " mono opened in leafpad" "/nwp/monol"
cmd " sans opened in geany" "/nwp/sans"
cmd " sans opened in leafpad" "/nwp/sansl"
cmd " serif opened in geany" "/nwp/serf"
cmd " serif opened in leafpad" "/nwp/serfl"
cmd "serif opened in leafpad, 700px viewport" "/nwp/serl7"
cmd "serif opened in geany, 700px viewport" "/nwp/serg7"
cmd "sans opened in leafpad, 700px viewport" "/nwp/sanl7"
cmd "sans opened in geany, 700px viewport" "/nwp/sang7"
cmd "mono opened in leafpad, 700px" "/nwp/monol7"
cmd "mono opened in geany, 700px viewport" "/nwp/monog7"
has the updated templates and doesn't need any permissions set. just save as /nwp/tempa2, overwriting your original.
here's a pic of the mapping on the nat ergo 4000:
Attachments
kbmsn.JPG
(48.76 KiB) Downloaded 447 times

mcewanw

#72 Post by mcewanw »

I vote this the craziest thread on Puppy forum. Having browsed through its five pages of super long posts I still have no idea what it is about. Looks like a mammoth effort however - just no idea why or for who???!

So please tell me, in just a couple of very short quick sentences if possible, what is this?

William
github mcewanw

Puppus Dogfellow

other than what it is--

#73 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

mcewanw wrote:I vote this the craziest thread on Puppy forum. Having browsed through its five pages of super long posts I still have no idea what it is about. Looks like a mammoth effort however - just no idea why or for who???!

So please tell me, in just a couple of very short quick sentences if possible, what is this?

William
a bunch of features that you can call from menus (dozens, both ae and jwm) or a launcher. as a word processor, it spits or provides templates so you can take simple html documents and make them into pdfs, or simply view them in a browser formatted for cut and paste purposes--i personally like the speed and reliability of both leafpad and geany and opt for them over libre office more often than not--basically, it replaces abiword for me, plus it has more features than i can quickly summarize, but--move windows to any point (5 pixels increments), resize similarly, preset positionals and autotexts and---

it's a word process and utilities pack, or a utilites pack that can make a word processor out of something like geany or leafpad.

it is what it does and there's a rather lengthy list above, but i guess i want it to just help you manipulate your machine and as many aspects of it as possible--it's an overlay to the interface--it's its own file system, one that's made to be portable. it's my personal customizations made (allegedly) palatable to the general public. it's what i think compiz is supposed to do but without the bloat.

glad you think it's crazy though.
Attachments
anuupuus3.png
what is it? an immortality machine, of course!
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 432 times

mcewanw

#74 Post by mcewanw »

Oh. Maybe its not crazy afterall. Looked complex, but maybe that's just an illusion.

Thanks for the quick explanation.

William
github mcewanw

Puppus Dogfellow

#75 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

mcewanw wrote:Oh. Maybe its not crazy afterall. Looked complex, but maybe that's just an illusion.

Thanks for the quick explanation.

William
You're welcome, William.

Darren

___

edit: it may look complex because i'm basically a noobie trying to explain how to do stuff--i got the idea from nooby the poster, who said he wanted a text-editor word processor, then went away in a way. i had to learn what that really (at its most basic level) entailed, and then think about what i want from my machine when i word-process.

it was actually a very good request, and probably a needed one by now and time to time.

:lol:

(throwing documentation on top of learning as i learn is more or less the same thing as making a mess, i know).

Puppus Dogfellow

nwp32/64.4 --set run actions and icons for your files, some

#76 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

nwp64.4.pet

nwp32.4.pet
post is long enough but in short, the main feature of the upgrade is the ability to set run actions for your word processing files (or any other, though it was put together in part to a geany-vtg type start center). from the comments on a picture in a folder in my repo:
Quote:

another use for the mcc (make concurrent copies) function is assigning text files to pairs of programs (browser-text editor) by having the copies carry an extension that will set them apart from everything else. right click in rox to set both a run action (pick something from the duals folder, to continue on the word processing bent, though that's not strictly necessary) and icon. screen shot shows...
from

Post subject: ~572.64.1/6t4.1: a 64 bit version based on tahrpup64_6.0.5
Subject description: 2 versions are essentially the same--something's up with something's compression settings somewhere
, which has no subtitle but is part of Rattlehead's set run action quickly thread):

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

#!/bin/sh
#nwp64.4
echo application/x-def:*.mon >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.mon >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def text/xml >> /usr/share/mime/subclasses
echo application/x-def >> /usr/share/mime/types
echo application/x-def:*.san >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.san >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.ser >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.ser >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.pwn >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.pwn >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.nwp >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.nwp >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.mono >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.mono >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.def >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.def >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def2:*.def2 >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def2:*.def2 >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def2 text/xml >> /usr/share/mime/subclasses
echo application/x-def2 >> /usr/share/mime/types
echo application/x-def3:*.def3 >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def3:*.def3 >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def3 text/xml >> /usr/share/mime/subclasses
echo application/x-def3 >> /usr/share/mime/types
echo application/x-pwp:*.mons >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-pwp:*.mons >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-pwp text/xml >> /usr/share/mime/subclasses
echo application/x-pwp >> /usr/share/mime/types
echo application/x-pwp:*.sans >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-pwp:*.sans >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-pwp:*.sers >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-pwp:*.sers >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
#(copy in def pwp desktop files); fixmenus jwm -restart
#set run action:
mkdir -p /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types
ln -s /usr/share/applications/pwp /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/application_x-pwp
ln -s /usr/share/applications/def /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/application_x-def
#set icon:
cp -f //usr/share/applications/icons-alt/inpare9.xpm /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-icons/application_x-def.png
cp -f /usr/share/applications/icons-alt/p2e0.xpm  /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-icons/application_x-pwp.png
[...]
Posted: Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:23 Post subject: alternate version of above
Subject description: untested but i think it will work. am i overlooking something?
had the names on the icons wrong for one thing (left out a -x), but that method of setting them works so inconsistently (or i confused something by repeatedly swapping back and forth so many times) i ended up putting an alt-icons folder in usr//share/applications just so i could easily right-click assign them--it's a useless part of the script. :lol:

maybe messing with that /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/ROX-Filer/globicons file is a better way?(
Rattlehead
Posted: Wed 07 Sep 2016, 17:44 Post subject:
Speaking of icons...
[...]...
)

anyway, i used it in a pinstall script for a pet that was making most of a remaster and the copies all have the four extensions register as unique entities that can get their own programs and icon assignments (which is cool/i'm over the disappointment and inconvenience). :D
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 025#923025

nwp64.4.pet

nwp32.4.pet

from
fixing a bug with the auxiliary launchers or keycuts
pruning or setting drive arrays
:
that emboldened bit of gibberish was meant to say "as an alternative to a geany-vtg type start center." (any of the dual launcher codes prefacing a list of files will open them up in both a browser and editor. other than dragging and dropping files or groups of files onto the scripts or their .desktop representations, this seemed like the easiest way to process words (so to speak, so to speak) with the anuupuus (Word Processor (U..)Utilities Suite). now you get another way and some (i think) relatively nifty icons.

will have a bug fix pet to get rid of the ghost drives on the alternate pinboards and fix up the edit store port scripts (for now, don't use--just had the edpin wig out geany...---had to actually reboot to get out of the loop actually. lost a post and everything.)

there's no reason to issue a pet fix for the edpin problem--just use the auxiliary launchers or built-in keycuts to fix it. method one: main launcher (shift+spacebar), gl (opens the file in geany; use ll if you want to open the file in leafpad), enter, edpin, enter.

this opens up "edpin" for editing (if the file didn't exist, it would make a blank file with that name for you to save in the location of choice--gl and ll are word processing functions at least as much as configuration and maintenance tools) and presents

#!/bin/sh 
geany /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/Pup* 
/nwp/edpin 

to fix it, add a pound sign to or delete the last line, making it

#!/bin/sh 
geany /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/Pup* 
#/nwp/edpin #--this was supposed to have been commented out

had i just left the /nwp/part off (comment mark would've made it the title), no real harm would've been done--it would've just made a file called "edpin" that had no set location for its contentlessness (beyond /root/edpin--root seems to be geany's default location for files made this way. the ones you create through the file > new dialog i believe get made in /tmp...). as it stood, the file as command continually reactivated itself as the last step. comment makes it back into a tile, and brings up another error, this time in documentation.

maybe i was still in shock at having to reboot (such a simple script (when done right) and geany is normally so reliable...), but i should've pointed out that the bare dual launcher codes need to be prefaced with their full path (/nwp/) because the codes aren't part of the PATH (those that are can be bare. i.e. geany -i /root/1 /etc/2 will open up those files when you activate the vtg (either through the keyboard (alt+z), the menus (vtg or the cauliflower), the tray (cauliflower)...)). so, for example, if you want geany and pale moon to open the files, use

/nwp/gp /path/to/file /path(s)/to/file(s) 
method one: main launcher (shift+spacebar), gl (opens the file in geany; use ll if you want to open the file in leafpad), enter, edpin, enter.
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=h -- /nwp/k
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=j -- /nwp/rl
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=k -- /nwp/gl
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=l -- /nwp/ll

default shortcuts for most recent spins/nwps use the above, so method two is alt+k (or l, if if you want the file opened in leafpad), add the pound sign, save. that will fix the script so that "edpin" in the launcher opens up the six new pins. (index finger gets k for key launcher because i at one time believed it would see more use, or, if used at all, would be used somewhat heavily). if you want driveless pins, or more control over their placement than normally holds in Puppy, look for the bit that has "args" in it. those are your drive icons (i.e. <icon x="32" y="836" label="sda1" args="drive ext4">/root/.pup_event/drive_sda1</icon>)

delete the lot for driveless, copy your extant set over from PuppyPin (no extra number) to have it on each of the alternate pins. since they are now frozen with the text file, they'll remain in (odd, if you so choose) position(s) even after the auto redrawing of icons that occurs at boot and X restarts.

if you want to automount all your drives, you could drag musher0's monter5 script out of quar in Startup. since alt plus spacebar is root, one of the first things i do on a new install is activate that shortcut, then navigate to startup adn /my-applications/bin and make those (by use of ctrl plus number) rox speed dials 2 and 3. if you want to automount at a click and your discretion, leave monter5 in /quar (alt+t spacebar then 2 to get to its parent folder if you followed the quick links howto above).

rox is cool. :D

(rl, the last launcher in that bank, is rox opened at /nwp/--the short names of the mostly blank directories are to provide quick cover for you and your creations--d plus enter in that one gets you a blank directory, nwp's version of My Documents, my-documents (though there's also a "docs"), etc).

have fun with it.
:D
not sure if this will help clarify things, or from where you need to enter the discussion to be in need of clarification, but this update and bugfix also seems to me to be a howto and an explanation of some more of the nwp's features.

further, while it does get documents created and saved and arguably sorted and stored, and all very quickly, the formatting is best kept for pasting into more proper word processors like google docs, libreoffice, or even notecase (which can also export to html (and therefore pdf)). the print view will give you a scalable interface, but lately isn't heeding the viewport, at least not in 64 bit. haven't tested on 32 bit lately, but it doesn't seem to work as consistently (is it a browser issue?) as i remembered. for my own use, i use the nwp((as in (A NWP/A NWPUS) primarily for document creation and modification and the utilities side of things. if i need to edit more formally, i paste into libre or google. i'll make a return to the minimal versions (under 50k) in a release or two, but these last two are relatively monstrous--14mb. there may be a weight reduction pet in the future to reduce this--there's some redundant documentation and many icons that can be autogenerated if needed...)
the newer tiny noop will be in at least two versions, both smaller than the original: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 360#860360. i'm thinking at least one version should incorporate the new Quasi-Proprietary File Type feature, possibly as an offshoot of the mcc (make concurrent copies) feature.

mcc: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 287#902287 (attachment at the end shows it being used for this purpose)

32/64.4 pet puts the alt-icons folder in your usr/share/applications diretory. it contains the drag and drop dual launchers for word processing use and some icons--right click a file to which you added one of those extensions (pwn, pwp, sans, ser, def3, def4, mons, mon...) to set an icon and run action for it. you've got four new categories, none of which have to be actually set for word processor use.

the six choices (pp1-6 in the launcher) are really the same 2 three times each. one's more minimal and the other's got some tools useful for getting you first set up, though it's hard for me to say which i'd choose to mod--easier to drag to one or delete from the other...

shown are some of the suggested icons for the word processor (or libre--i actually prefer that odt icon to the regular one as it sets it apart from the docx files better). [...]
Attachments
mimetype-icon_change (1).gif
mcc function (indirectly) setting run action (not shown) and icon
(26.14 KiB) Downloaded 1244 times

Puppus Dogfellow

update--nwp32/64.5 and .6 (mostly bugfixes) though there's

#77 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

general and update info:
from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 569#926569:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:[...]fixed that along with errors that prevented MochiMoppel's WinSwitcherfrom running correctly from either the ctrl+spacebar keycut or the upper tray. fixes as an update are in the nwp pets below, which are also updates for the 32 bit spins.

nwp32.6
nwp32.5
nwp64.6
nwp64.5

geany32+some3264deps.tar.xz

.5 has geany1.25 and plugins for both 127 and 125 (a few 32 bit, a few 64 bit). .6 makes that stuff a separate package (the .xz above). [...] reduced size is mostly from the removal of the redundant (nwp.5) geany packages and some uneeded documentation (nwp appears to work in Slacko as of the 700 release (pretty sure it would work on 5.7 and below but i've never tested it) so i ditched some of the workarounds for the 6 series--it's still there, just not as often)[...]

still in the air--haven't yet played around with focuswriter or ted, but if i include a word processor beyond the nwp/vtg combo and what notecase can do (export to html, which your browser can then save as pdf) or what google docs (haven't tried the apparently chrome/chromium-based only sync feature yet, but it's one of the reasons i'm thinking of keeping a big browser as default in the precise spins) or other online services provide, my first pick would likely be the former (i.e. if it includes ted i failed to get focuswriter working without the 32bit compatibility pack).
from launcher shortcuts:
___
the only real way to further develop the word processing capabilities would be to use css and make something along the lines of http://alistapart.com/article/boom

i just wanted the look and feel of what an rtf processor like RoughDraft (http://www.salsbury.f2s.com/) does in windows (works in linux with wine but the interface is somewhat similar to geany's (which can do tabs and splits, so why the entire environment for the 3k proggie)--all the formatting and hype (so to type) are unnecessary--three fonts, a few sizes, italics, bold, underline, strikethrough--holy crap, this [stuff] can do links and tee oh cees with ease--and suddenly i'm not completely ignorant of code, and even have picked up a little html knowledge (mostly from [messing] around with joe's windows manager, which kind of gives you the gist and the knowledge makes your environment more livable, personalized, arguably efficient as you learn and get comfortable--

so yeah, i can't code for [beans] really--which is the point. it's not as alien and horrific as you might first think--"geany open these things" is like texting the most agreeable friend you have, and it's code: geany /here/smyfile,son

(that would open up "smyfile,son" if you had it in a folder named "here"--it'd make the file if it didn't exist but the folder did, and it would cock its head and balk if you asked it to make the file in a folder that didn't exist (although elsewhere that would be considered its unique name--location plus name is name plus, sorta.

i think i'm done with .5, but there was never supposed to be the forgotten things, but it's nice to have an installation pretty much the way i want it in a click and a two minute wait (idea is you customize your nwp and reap the same benefits. for word processing--well, i'll leave that for your processing.).

newest nwp (will) have some custom pinboards preset (see threads for screenies), but mostly it's just bugfixes--Winswitcher had the wrong code assigned its key (which is ctrl plus spacebar) in all seven key configs, edpin was a loop rather than a help, cr didn't work in 64bit (none of the close all scripts do but this. now.), but now it closes all rox windows and the blue-green X on the trays and menus should work…

it's excellent with file generation and navigation, the utilities side works almost without fail in both in both 32and64 (64 doesn't like some wmctrl commands and there are bugs i'm sure i've not yet found)--and you could do cut up stuff with the rectangular select feature.

if (that enclosed by) "div" (tags) could take formatting i'd be done with this thing…

____

...i think it was div--gave me a reshapable box i could drag around the screen to resize margins, but no formatting--and remembering "here's a break, a carriage return"--not a happy realization that i'm old enough to remember carriage returns.

anyway, through no fault of my own, some progress has been made on the slacko front (and in celebration i deleted half the workaround documentation for the 6 series--most of it's still there in jaewm!1 documentation (in /nwp/c, i think--notecase file (which can be natively formatted and exported to pdf, more or less obviating my word processing efforts, at least word processor wise))). so, as of the 700 series, the nwp works, or at least it did when i tested in the 64bit version. only deps were xdotool and yad from the ppm, and the only glitch appears to be with theming--pop ups don't change the settings--maybe you have to "my39" it to get back the default interface, change colors and such, then my1 back into the nwp interface (by verbing the my command i mean entering that in the main launcher (though preceding it with /nwp/ will allow it to be called from the terminal...ctrl plus d closes the terminal (almost four years of playing around with linux and i found that out about two weeks ago).

Puppus Dogfellow

nwp32/64.8

#78 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

from where things are, where it's at (,or maybe just what it is)
updates to the nwp and the workshop folder
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote: [...]
nwp8 (32 and 64 bit--ns is new syntax (32 bit pups after slacko 5.7)) cleans up the root one menu, fixes some permissions problems, adds a few scripts (33/66 (bounce the mouse cursor out and down (default positions for popups (etc) sometimes interfere with functions and i find these two scripts help), and icono/iconsesame, which should make it easier to customize your icons, mime types and file labeling), some custom configs for the urxvt terminal…) and takes the recommended add-ins out (see nwprecs1 and nwprecs2, which add folders by those names in /root. included in each is an install and a remove script, the contents of which are shown below). nwp8 also includes the improvements made to the mcc (make concurrent copies (and optionally label them) utility: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=102846 ).
[...]

pm installer is already part of the nwp (i should've removed it). thanks to aragon, radky, RSH, SFR, rerwin, don570, 01micko, Barry Kauler, shinobar, trio, rcrsn51, disciple, technosaurus, step, musher0, Geoffrey, Corvus, OscarTalks, mavrothal, gyro, watchdog, MochiMoppel, peebee, Whitesnow, 666philb,...

clicking the install script will give you a popup asking you if you want to install each item. the remove script just empties its respective folder of the pets.
[...]
pets are down to about 8mb. version 7 (slightly more busy root1/left click menu) also comes as an SFS (same 3 variations).

----

pdogfellow 12/16

it is what it does, so see launcher shortcuts and keyboard shortcuts for (perhaps) a better idea.

(barring that, it uses short commands, the keys, screen artifacts (stuff you click or activate with a mouse or finger), and/or popup menus to launch files, programs, text strings, commands (including resizing, moving, and/or reshaping windows) or mimic the menus (or select aspects thereof arranged to your tastes) of more or less any programs you choose, in a way better suited to you and your habits than stock/default…---; use a minimalistic or limited text editor plus a browser as a full word processor, have nine more menus than most stock jwm pup setups, and for my part, i'd so much rather have it than not that i document all the changes i make to it and make sure it's available to me as soon as i fire up a new pup (often i use woofy to install it before i actually boot a pup for the first time, which is incidentally the original reason for the external pet installs--don's right click package and Whitesnow's (oops, thanks, Whitesnow--big omission (now fixed)--your dropbox package is awesome--been using it for pretty much as long as i've been using puppy/linux--it's much better than what i tried to put together for megasync (though, granted, you know what you're doing and i'm a noob (NWP--Noob's Word Processor/Ultimatesque Utility Pack)) mydbox require choices that are better left unautomated; this will turn out to be easier to upgrade for future builds anyway so no real setback...)--so much for brevity.

[...]

the custom root2 menu (exists also as a submenu/sample template on 0 and 9) requires some additional plugins over base pup. i mostly use geany 125 and 127, the latter my only 32 bit version going at the moment. the folders containing the geany plugins (and/or geany; upgrade precise (this and the 125 plugins courtesy of Corvus) from 123 to 125, which is why the 32 version is so much larger) contain scripts similar to those for the rec'd pet installs:

#!/bin/sh
#install these plugins-125-64
#nwp's root2 menu only requires first two
petget ./geany-plugin-extrasel_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-spellcheck_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-macro_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-markdown_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-miniscript_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-multiterm_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-numberedbookmarks_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-overview_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-pairtaghighlighter_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-prettyprinter_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-shiftcolumn_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-xmlsnippets_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb

#!/bin/sh
#nwp's root2 menu only requires first three
petget ./geany-plugin-spellcheck_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-treebrowser_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-extrasel_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-multiterm_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-overview_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
#install these plugins-127-32

#!/bin/sh
petget ./geany-plugins-1.25-i686.pet
petget ./geany-1.25-i686.pet
petget ./geany_DOC-1.25-i686.pet
#install-125+plugins

___

yet to be addressed:

alternate file system and navigation in general (keep out of root, make it easier to find and link to your stuff across pups)
the virtual keypad(s) (relates in part back to the custom program menus on some of the jwm and aemenu popus…)
settings, file, and config porting/backup (see /nwp/pet folder, the links above, or the main support thread for more. there's also a bit of it now as part of the rox right click menu.)
panel frame and pinboard switching
the vtg (part of the nwp (noop) installation. link is (was) to
Geany as Launcher, Bookmarks Manager, and Word Processor
open programs, files, folders and web sites; reshape and resize windows; process words
)
lpx...
(...no point in making this as long as the support threads--launcher shortcuts file explains much of it and keyboard and menu config files are heavily commented)...

[...]

add/remove packages and alter the install script to reflect custom choices for future installations (or delete the whole thing when you're done. sometimes it's convenient, sometimes it's not. usually a combo).
[...]

other known issues: the wmctrl close all instances scripts don't work in 64bit, two or three tray settings could use some tweaking (will be part of the update script from .6 (6t4 plus update1) to .9)...you may have to reinstall xdotool through your PPM if using 64 bit (generally if alt+arrow squirts your window across the screen, the xdotool that came over with the pet's okay. next step would be to test some of the autotext scripts in the launcher (i usually test with scz ("make this text file a script", i.e. it autotexts out (tada! (if you're watching me write this live)) #!/bin/sh) in the launcher)).

seems i forgot to add woofy to the recs as well:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 229#429229
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUDhE ... sp=sharing

(woofy-0.91.pet mirrored in the mostly_common_32 folder/thanks to sc0ttman)

i had been manually adding the configs, folders, and files that comprise the nwp pets, then resquashing the file system, but it turns out making pets and then installing them through woofy is for the most part easier (same goes for manually reconfiguring a running pup--using pets for the new files and configs (and optionally activating what's generally just a few simple copy and backup scripts--the pinstall.sh(punistall.sh) script(s) and whatever, if anything, it (they) call (calls--last of parentheticalling out the uninstall part of the combo--good practice suggests you fill it with the countermeasures to your install script and pet installation, but i view the nwp as concrete with regards to its place in respins so am a bit remiss with this, the rather large (and apparently functioning) uninstall scripts circa nwp32/64.4 that you can find in the main nwp thread (and postdated pets) notwithstanding) is easier than repeating the process for each installation/update).

some more on pinstall/uninstall in general and as it relates to nwp installation, configuring, and removal:

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug 2016, 02:33 Post subject: update simplifies installation, customization, portability
Subject description: (your original configs become my39 in the launcher--full nwp and functions by default.
(but you can now uninstall aspects of it individually through the piecemeal submenu on mae (launcher code or in your applications folder) or the scripts in /nwp/c)
from minor nwp update (two lines on the pinstall script that lead
into this how-to on the jwm configuration quickswitches:
[...]

only changes since the last batch are an update of the elp help file and the following two lines added to the pinstall scripts (that activate after the pet installation moves in the files you're adding to your system):
Code:

cp -f /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal /nwp/root3/root39menu/jwmrc-personal
cp -f /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc /nwp/root3/root39menu/_root_.jwmrc    

these lines make your current jwm configuration (current as of the time of this nwp.pet install) your my39 quickswitch (i.e. "my39" in the launcher activates that particular set of configuration files); my39r reverses it, but only to the previous configuration. this is to say, installing, playing around with the configuration switches, and then getting back to your preinstall config while leaving the rest of the functions in tact may lead to some unfortunate backtracking--making the originals a quickswitch avoids any headaches and brings up a point about customizing your own (or sets of your own) wm features--anything you do to the contents of the root#menus folders in /nwp/root3 and their associated files will stick as a quickswitch and the feature mod (the tray, key, and menu config files for the nine extra menus (x3), the 6 keycentric configs, the thirty or so trays are all there) will be a part of the swapped in customizations, but you must mod the files in nwp/root3/, not the ones in their system-active places in root/.jwm and /etc/xdg/templates to make them portable (though you could always run the above two lines adjusted to the destination folder of your choice (or drag and drop manually--rl in the launcher then c gets you there...there's a keycut...my guess is alt plus j...(woo hoo)(rung is h for keys launcher, j for rox launcher, k for geany, l for leafpad)...---make changes, restart jwm to see if you like them, copy them to those folders in nwp/root3 if you want to make them swappable. the new menus on scroll up and down and mae (ae menu launched by that code in main launcher) have the quickswitches plus links to edit or activate the keys, trays, menus, etc. you can edit the files to include menus from elsewhere, but all the presets are fed from that folder. make a file of the above repeated for menus30-49 and you could vtg in your current settings at any time with a click of the cauliflower (etc).

from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 289#920289, a post in A NWP/A NWPUS--A Nooby Word Processor and Utilities Suite (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 270#850270).

(installation and removal still as above). 64 bit does all the tweaks automatically, 32 bit has you activate the geany and rox tweaks separately.)
[...]
nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

nwprecs2.pet

nwprecs1.pet

recs5p.xz

geany4nwp-125,7-32.tar.xz

geany-nwp-plugins-64-125.tar.xz

[...]

____

for more on customizing your JWM setup, see Joe's site and/or the thread that bore the thread that hosts/develops the spins (and the nwp/vtg combo--their threads are more or less updates/announcements):

Add A JWM Bookmarks Menu or Submenu/Messing Around With JWM
button, menu, key, and tray tweaking

____

{
where things are, where it's at (,or maybe just what it is)
updates to the nwp and the workshop folder

(the forum post will have better links so i'll copy/paste that back here as an improved version of the original).
}

eventually i became familiar enough with Puppy Linux that hours of customization and tinkering became portable and one click installable--most of the delays with spin making come from keeping the system generic enough to (re)offer the public (the nwp is the approximatic). anyway, here's a link to the main, as yet unupdated nwp (A Noob's Word Processor/Ultimatesque Utilities (UU/W) Pack(/NWP/nwp/noop/anubis/anuupus/,etc)) thread:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 270#850270

NWP/A NWPUS--A Noob's Word Processor and Utilities Suite
nwp32/64.8

this is the thread (which will eventually be) formerly known as

A NWP/A NWPUS--A Nooby Word Processor and Utilities Suite
robust, extensible, and superseded in ministrosity by pu(/)up!

--------------
posts starting midway down the previous page give a decent overview (including the launcher and keyboard codes minus what's mentioned at the start of this document):

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 471#918471

will update the quick links and repost the updated launcher codes and keyboard stuff before the next release. new nwp cleans up the left click menu the same as the earlier firefox pet. when nwp.9 comes out i'll offer a patch pet for whatever the last version of 6t4 is at the time (other spins should just (back up your customizations or personal files first) reinstall the newer nwp over the older one (your old nwp configs will get ported by the new one, but personal files stored in the nwp file system should probably be petted or otherwise backed up when installing a new one. same goes for any scripts you've altered).

renaming the old nwp directory before petting in the new one is probably the fastest and easiest way to preserve your customizations (if there are many, the fastest and easiest way is probably to pet them back over the incoming rewrites (/nwp/pets, the rox right menu, and the mae menu have options for doing this).

launcher shortcuts
keyboard shortcuts

nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

nwp+vtg support folder has the .7 sfses

geany4nwp-125,7-32.tar.xz

geany-nwp-plugins-64-125.tar.xz
___
updated 3/23/18:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 459#986459
Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

Puppus Dogfellow

mouse functions on the keyboard and other small kb tweaks

#79 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 943#955943

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:more keyboard fun:

Cherry lost its patent on the mx mechanical keyboard switches in 2014 (or so i think i remember reading), and now you can pick up knockoffs pretty cheap--if the tenkeyless brown switch item i just got for 24 bucks shipped is any indication, they're way better than what normally comes with the machine.

anyway, dump the code below in a terminal to get the cap locks button made into an additional control button, the scroll lock button turned into a caps lock button, and a file set up for you to add to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal in case you want to use the pause break button for up to 16 functions (i suppose you could make one function pause break and another scroll lock--don't think i've ever used either of those).

echo $'! backup your original map with xmodmap -pke > root/xmodmap-original.
! run xmodmap /root/xmodmap-original to undo the changes.
! move capslock to scroll lock and make the original capslock ctrl:
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Control_L
add Lock = Caps_Lock
add Control = Control_L

' > /root/tklv1.xmodmap
echo $'#!/bin/sh
xmodmap /root/tklv1.xmodmap
#scroll lock=caps lock, caps lock=control; modify 110 key (pause break) through your wm.
' > /root/Startup/xmodtkl
chmod 755 /root/Startup/xmodtkl
/root/Startup/xmodtkl

echo $'<JWM>
<!--
add Include line below to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
<Include>/root/jwmpausekey</Include>

Key bindings  
on this tenkeyless Velocifire, Pau is keycode 110. some examples:-->

<Key keycode="110">exec:xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F16</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="110">exec:xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F18</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="110">exec:leafpad</Key>
<Key mask="S" keycode="110">exec:/nwp/lpx</Key>
<Key mask="CA" keycode="110">escape</Key>
<Key mask="CS" keycode="110">select</Key>
<Key mask="AS" keycode="110">move</Key>
<Key mask="CAS" keycode="110">window</Key> 
<Key mask="4" keycode="110">exec:defaultbrowser</Key>
<Key mask="4A" keycode="110">root:2</Key>
<Key mask="4C" keycode="110">root:3</Key>
<Key mask="4S" keycode="110">exec:/nwp/n</Key>
<Key mask="4CA" keycode="110">exec:rox</Key>
<Key mask="4CS" keycode="110">exec:/nwp/aef</Key>
<Key mask="4AS" keycode="110">exec:vlc</Key>
<Key mask="4CAS" keycode="110">exec:/nwp/mae</Key> 

<!--
pulling a few from the /nwp/root3/9/jag menu (root2 on the last nwps):
<Program label="set anchor" icon="/nwp/keys/icons/icons-sup/as22.png">xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F16</Program>
<Program label="rectangular select to anchor" icon="/nwp/keys/icons/icons-sup/a2s.png">xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F18</Program>
<Program label="select to anchor" icon="/nwp/keys/icons/icons-sup/as222.png">xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F17</Program>
-->
</JWM>
' > /root/jwmpausekey
geany /root/jwmpausekey /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal in a terminal to open the keyfile and the file you're adding the "includes" line to.

-----

just tested it on a more typical 101 (or so--logitech cheapo model and i didn't count--almost always 101-104 keys if it's got a number pad) key keyboard--works just the same (scroll lock, caps lock, and pause break appear to be named fairly consistently so the xmodmap part of the code should work in most things. use xev to double check or find more keycodes)

if you're thinking of getting one, 84 key models usually rely on Fn to get scroll and pause--the xmodmap part should still work fine, but you may need an extra key press for the other stuff (or it may not work at all. still have a couple in the mail--will check eventually).

xmodmap changes will take place as soon as you run the code. to incorporate your pause key tweaks into the system, you must run jwm -restart (or click it from the menu).

enjoy.

________
(note: to get a backup of your current keymap, xmodmap -pke > /root/xmodmap-original. to activate it, xmodmap /root/xmodmap-original.)
________
________

code below adds "mou" as another launcher shortcut to a launcher--this one will allow you to move the mouse around with the keyboard--just enter the x and y coordinates separated by a space. i suggest the following added to /root/jwmrc.personal so that it and the mouse clicks are on the keyboard regardless of what keybank you swap in:
<Key mask="4" key="1">exec:xdotool click 1</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="2">exec:xdotool click 2</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="3">exec:xdotool click 3</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="4">exec:/nwp/mou</Key>

(none of the key shortcuts use the windows key by default iirc. you could also use some more of the space bar (though i think the above makes more sense, here:

<Key mask="4" key="space">exec:/nwp/mou</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="space">exec:xdotool click 1</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="space">exec:xdotool click 2</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="space">exec:xdotool click 3</Key>

here's the code for the launcher and xmodmap files and scripts for the mini keyboards (dump into a terminal):

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
CMDLINE=$(yad --width=350 --skip-taskbar --center --on-top --fixed --sticky \
              --title="" --window-icon="/nwp/icons/purwup.png" \
              --entry --entry-label="Run command:"  \
              --column="command" --entry-text "xdotool mousemove ")
[ -z "$CMDLINE" ] && exit 0

$CMDLINE &
exit 0

' > /nwp/mous
# example: xdotool mousemove 110 550 click 1
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/nwp/mous| xdotool sleep .3 key Right
' > /nwp/mou
chmod 755 /nwp/mou /nwp/mous

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap /nwp/81.xmodmap
#scroll lock=caps lock, caps lock=control; modify 110 through wm.
' > /nwp/xmod81

echo $'
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Control_L
add Lock = Caps_Lock
add Control = Control_L
keycode 129 = Menu
! fn + media player (F1) does nothing on my machine out of the box so that's the one i'm purposing
' > /nwp/81.xmodmap
chmod 755 /nwp/xmod81

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap /nwp/81b.xmodmap
#scroll lock=caps lock, caps lock=control; modify 110 through wm.
' > /nwp/xmod81b

echo $'
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Menu
add Lock = Caps_Lock
! caps lock becomes menu, scroll lock becomes caps lock
' > /nwp/81b.xmodmap
chmod 755 /nwp/xmod81b

echo $'
remove Lock = Num_Lock
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Control_L
add Lock = Caps_Lock
add Control = Control_L
keycode 77 = Menu
! make numlock menu, caps lock control, scroll lock caps lock
' > /nwp/84.xmodmap

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
' > /nwp/xmod84
chmod 755 /nwp/xmod84

#cp -f nwp/xmod84 /root/Startup/xmod84
#cp -f nwp/xmod81 /root/Startup/xmod81
#cp -f nwp/xmod81b /root/Startup/xmod81b
#/root/Startup/xmod81b
#/root/Startup/xmod81
#/root/Startup/xmod84
#copy your xmod settings to startup and run

i couldn't get jwm to run "xdotool key Menu" from a key (works fine from a terminal), so to get it back on the abbreviated keyboards (most of my boards don't have it, just recently noticed it on a few, and have grown to like having it in a relatively short time), i opted for either the caps lock key, the number key, or a dead function key (the three variations above). next nwp will have this upgrade included.

win+1--click 1, win+2--click2, win+3--click3, win+4--mouse move launcher, mou in the launcher--mousemove launcher.

Puppus Dogfellow

a few shortcuts and a workaround for wordgrinder

#80 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

from the wordgrinder thread:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:wordgrinder_0.3.3-1_i386.deb.pet

wordgrinder_0.3.3-1_amd64.pet

32 bit contains relevant files from:
liblua5.1-0_5.1.5-4+deb7u1_i386.deb lua-filesystem_1.5.0+16+g84f1af5-1_i386.deb wordgrinder_0.3.3-1_i386.deb

64 bit contains:
liblua5.1-0_5.1.5-4+deb7u1_amd64.deb lua-filesystem_1.5.0+16+g84f1af5-1_amd64.deb wordgrinder_0.3.3-1_amd64.deb

both contain:
wordgrinder.desktop (wordgrinder launched with urxvt), wordgrinder-rxvt.desktop, wordgrinder-sk.desktop (wordgrinder launched with sakura)

64 bit tested in tahr64-605, 32 bit in xenial32-704

_______

i made some launchers shortcuts for the packages to make up for for the fact that the the nwp's alt plus arrow key interferes with the main menu shortcut in Wordgrinder (alt+down, which may lack the slight delay of Escape, which i think works well enough to leave the window scoot shortcut in tact). run the following in a terminal to get wg, wgs, and wgr shortcuts added to the nwp launcher (requires the appropriate wordgrinder pet above):

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/sakura -e wordgrinder
' > /nwp/wgs
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/rxvt -e wordgrinder
' > /nwp/wgr
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/urxvt -e wordgrinder 
' > /nwp/wg
chmod 755 /nwp/wg /nwp/wgr /nwp/wgs
#alt plus down arrow "move active window down" shortcut interferes with the program's built-in "alt+down arrow accesses main menu" shortcut--use escape button to open and arrow back to close in pups that use the nwp/anuupus suite.   
reminds me of those old Brother and Magnavox word processors (electric typewriters with screens and storage). runs in a terminal, and the sakura "version" gives right click ability. interesting and under 300kb.

enjoy.