Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 18:30
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Package Collections / Repositories
Quirky/April 64bit Contributed Packages
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 4 [59 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Author Message
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2015, 16:20    Post subject:  

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

deb above works with the included rpm dep--should need nothing further than clicking both as if they were pets.
lucked out with that dependency--first item on first search result. rarely seems to work out that way.


megasync_14.04_amd64

Good suggestion, I'll use a lot.

In a clean Quirky 7.0.4.1, missing these libs:

libcares.so.2 => not found
libQtDBus.so.4 => not found
libQtGui.so.4 => not found
libQtNetwork.so.4 => not found
libQtCore.so.4 => not found
libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (OPENSSL_1.0.0) => not found
libssl.so.1.0.0 (OPENSSL_1.0.1) => not found
libssl.so.1.0.0 (OPENSSL_1.0.0) => not found

probably the libs had been installed by some program installed previously.

now is repacked: megasync_14.04_amd64-April64.pet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78iH9qX7LW5wLW9WcE5CMWs/view?usp=sharing
requires QT4_amd64-April64.pet available in main page (cat: utility)
the paths of libraries quirky64 differ from debian (ubuntu) and rpm

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1497
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2015, 16:32    Post subject:  

xanad wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

deb above works with the included rpm dep--should need nothing further than clicking both as if they were pets.
lucked out with that dependency--first item on first search result. rarely seems to work out that way.


megasync_14.04_amd64

Good suggestion, I'll use a lot.

In a clean Quirky 7.0.4.1, missing these libs:

libcares.so.2 => not found
libQtDBus.so.4 => not found
libQtGui.so.4 => not found
libQtNetwork.so.4 => not found
libQtCore.so.4 => not found
libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (OPENSSL_1.0.0) => not found
libssl.so.1.0.0 (OPENSSL_1.0.1) => not found
libssl.so.1.0.0 (OPENSSL_1.0.0) => not found

probably the libs had been installed by some program installed previously.

now is repacked: megasync_14.04_amd64-April64.pet
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78iH9qX7LW5wLW9WcE5CMWs/view?usp=sharing
requires QT4_amd64-April64.pet available in main page (cat: utility)
the paths of libraries quirky64 differ from debian (ubuntu) and rpm


libcares.so.2 i added from an rpm warehouse of sorts. the rest must've come from your qt4 pet, --well, i've installed almost everything in this thread i think...

-----
sorry, but this is even more of a mess than the megasync package:
Confused

q714-recoll-19.5-kit.tar.xz [antiword_0.37-8.pet, Search-Xapian-1.2.21.0.tar.gz_extracted, catdoc-0.94.2-i486.pet, unrtf-0.21.0-i486.pet, ExifTool-8.66.pet, xapian-bindings-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, instructions, xapian-core-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, libjpeg8-8.0.2-3.1.x86_64., xapian-omega-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, recoll-1.19.5-1.2.lk.x86_64.](not quite a pet, but more convenient than having to track down the pieces yourself. appears to work though it says it doesn't have helper programs that are clearly helping it out (it searches through things it wouldn't be able to if the error messages were actually correct).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
step

Joined: 04 May 2012
Posts: 950

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2015, 16:50    Post subject:
Subject description: testing findnrun 1.10.5 - istructions
 

xanad wrote:
step wrote:

What did you need to do to _adapt_ find-n-run for April64?

Only a small change to the buttons 'About' and 'Exit' and changed the paths of app ... so simple works well. Ah, no desktop-shortcut, for now.

I downloaded your .pet. Since my github project places findnrun in /usr/bin - exactly like your .pet does - I'm guessing you needed to change SFR's Find'N'Run .pet - and not my find-n-run package from github. OK, now I understand what you did!
As regards fixing icons, that issue is resolved in http://github.com/step-/find-n-run/issues/4. Just be aware that by changing the icons to "use-stock", as you did, you do get slightly larger icons. And there will be more gtkdialog icon incompatibilities between Fatdog64 and April64. A better solution would be to patch gtk2 the way SFR did for Fatdog64. It's all referenced in the github issue #4 discussion.

_________________
Fatdog64-710|+Packages|Kodi|Findnrun|+forum|gtkmenuplus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Fri 26 Jun 2015, 03:35    Post subject:
Subject description: testing findnrun 1.10.5 - istructions
 

step wrote:
xanad wrote:
step wrote:

What did you need to do to _adapt_ find-n-run for April64?

Only a small change to the buttons 'About' and 'Exit' and changed the paths of app ... so simple works well. Ah, no desktop-shortcut, for now.

I downloaded your .pet. Since my github project places findnrun in /usr/bin - exactly like your .pet does - I'm guessing you needed to change SFR's Find'N'Run .pet - and not my find-n-run package from github. OK, now I understand what you did!
As regards fixing icons, that issue is resolved in http://github.com/step-/find-n-run/issues/4. Just be aware that by changing the icons to "use-stock", as you did, you do get slightly larger icons. And there will be more gtkdialog icon incompatibilities between Fatdog64 and April64. A better solution would be to patch gtk2 the way SFR did for Fatdog64. It's all referenced in the github issue #4 discussion.


Hi step,
ok, you're right, we are on the same paths. Glad we thought the same way. In fact I started from version located in /usr/local/app to move it to /usr/bin. As you did. find-n-run is different from find'n'run. I have not yet published on the front page, waiting for a complete structure of the app. Gtk and translations. Today I have a busy day, but it takes me hands soon.

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jun 2015, 04:19    Post subject:  

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

q714-recoll-19.5-kit.tar.xz [antiword_0.37-8.pet, Search-Xapian-1.2.21.0.tar.gz_extracted, catdoc-0.94.2-i486.pet, unrtf-0.21.0-i486.pet, ExifTool-8.66.pet, xapian-bindings-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, instructions, xapian-core-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, libjpeg8-8.0.2-3.1.x86_64., xapian-omega-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, recoll-1.19.5-1.2.lk.x86_64.](not quite a pet, but more convenient than having to track down the pieces yourself. appears to work though it says it doesn't have helper programs that are clearly helping it out (it searches through things it wouldn't be able to if the error messages were actually correct).


Very Happy
Very useful and interesting. My problem is to have the installation of quirky frugal with 6GB of ram, and an indexing very large (4GB +) causes a large consumption of CPU and RAM, thus slowing down the system. I will have to create smaller indexes ...

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1497
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jun 2015, 05:57    Post subject:  

xanad wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

q714-recoll-19.5-kit.tar.xz [antiword_0.37-8.pet, Search-Xapian-1.2.21.0.tar.gz_extracted, catdoc-0.94.2-i486.pet, unrtf-0.21.0-i486.pet, ExifTool-8.66.pet, xapian-bindings-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, instructions, xapian-core-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, libjpeg8-8.0.2-3.1.x86_64., xapian-omega-1.2.21.tar.xz_extracted, recoll-1.19.5-1.2.lk.x86_64.](not quite a pet, but more convenient than having to track down the pieces yourself. appears to work though it says it doesn't have helper programs that are clearly helping it out (it searches through things it wouldn't be able to if the error messages were actually correct).


Very Happy
Very useful and interesting. My problem is to have the installation of quirky frugal with 6GB of ram, and an indexing very large (4GB +) causes a large consumption of CPU and RAM, thus slowing down the system. I will have to create smaller indexes ...


you can move the .db files out of the partition and link them back through preferences> external index dialog if you need to, but i haven't found it particularly ram hungry when making those huge database files (6gb ram, sd card in a 2.0 socket).

Quote:
- XnViewMP-April64.pet It is a powerful cross-platform media browser, viewer and converter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78iH9qX7QVJPdXh4QkhXeG8/view?usp=sharing

that crashes when the settings button is clicked.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jun 2015, 07:15    Post subject:  

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:


Quote:
- XnViewMP-April64.pet It is a powerful cross-platform media browser, viewer and converter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78iH9qX7QVJPdXh4QkhXeG8/view?usp=sharing

that crashes when the settings button is clicked.
Smile


Please, test with a clean livecd, for me it seems to be working...
(test by other users?)

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1497
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Sat 27 Jun 2015, 17:33    Post subject:  

xanad wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:


Quote:
- XnViewMP-April64.pet It is a powerful cross-platform media browser, viewer and converter
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78iH9qX7QVJPdXh4QkhXeG8/view?usp=sharing

that crashes when the settings button is clicked.
Smile


Please, test with a clean livecd, for me it seems to be working...
(test by other users?)


it appears to be working fine otherwise, so for now i'll just avoid the settings button. and the help button.
(help's probably online but the interface is pretty intuitive and the settings features are probably accessible through the menus in one way or another...i'll check out some screenshots of what the help button does and see if i feel like i'm missing something.

(still setting up this installation so i can more or less automate the set up of the next one. if there is a next one. i'm getting used to one monitor and the overall bigness of the lower resolution).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1497
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Sun 28 Jun 2015, 04:21    Post subject: dual monitor support in qa64  

not sure what dependencies are needed on a clean install, but i had no hassles from the following allows dual monitor support in quirky april 64:
lxrandr-0.3.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.pet

simple gui but it worked.
Very Happy

----

geany plugins and libs:

geany1241plugins-Quirky7041-64.tar.xz

you'll need vte support for some plugin functions and virtually all of the better terminals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Mon 29 Jun 2015, 15:16    Post subject: Re: dual monitor support in qa64  

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
not sure what dependencies are needed on a clean install, but i had no hassles from the following allows dual monitor support in quirky april 64:
lxrandr-0.3.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.pet

simple gui but it worked.
Very Happy


ok, it needs no dependencies, that's okay.
I tried two monitors with different resolutions but I can not make it work with the proper resolutions. The dual monitors is also a problem for me Crying or Very sad
----
EDIT:
Great, it works great! I had desktop icons in confusion but after an operation of positioning now everything works! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Added in main page.

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Wed 01 Jul 2015, 04:56    Post subject:  

New version of XnViewMP-April64 mods by Don570. Added in right-click menu.
Main page updated.

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
don570


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 4757
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul 2015, 20:28    Post subject:  

I worked on improving the XnView package --> I put
configuration file in /root and made the icons appears in right click
and made a right click for folders

Available here : mydrive.ch

Username: porteus@don570
Password: porteus

_________________________________________________

By the way ---> to make icons appear in a right click menu
I had to change permissions using my pinstall.sh script

Quote:

# make icons show in recent puppies
cd /usr/local/apps
chmod -R 755 *
exit 0


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jul 2015, 05:43    Post subject:  

don570 wrote:
I worked on improving the XnView package --> I put
configuration file in /root and made the icons appears in right click
and made a right click for folders

Thanks Don, soon in main page.
EDIT: added in main page. New category: Graphics

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Mon 06 Jul 2015, 11:51    Post subject:  

New version of:
VLC-2.2.1_Weathermax_amd64
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78iH9qX7NGdNcnVhcm1IVkU/view?usp=sharing +
D-BUS
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz9e78iH9qX7RlMtQXM4VWlkY1E/view?usp=sharing

This is just an attempt for the latest version of VLC. Individually installing each package debian, you can use VLC in Quirky.
It must be tested properly.
I am seeking help to create the .pet without errors. Wink

Code:
VLC media player 2.2.0 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.0-0-g1349ef2)
[00000000006eab68] core interface error: no suitable interface module
[000000000062efa8] core libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed
[000000000071b8d8] qt4 interface error: Unable to load extensions module
Script completed hit RETURN to close window.


Post-install: D-BUS.pet
then create an empty file called 'machine-id' in /etc
and from terminal to fix it, run
Code:
dbus-uuidgen > /etc/machine-id

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
xanad


Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Posts: 400
Location: 2 locations: MonteRosa Alp and Milano

PostPosted: Mon 10 Aug 2015, 14:41    Post subject:  

New entries on the front page. Very Happy

- pure-ftpd-1.0.36-x86_64-1.pet - There is a bug in PureFTPd within Quirky April 7.0.4.1 x86_64 k 3.19.2 which is used as a base for Rapid Pup....
Ref.: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=859894#859894 - by ETP

- unetbootin-linux64-613.pet Allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Puppy and other Linux distributions without burning a CD - by Watchdog

_________________
www.xanad.tk Html5 Parallax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 4 [59 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Package Collections / Repositories
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.2463s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0119s) ][ GZIP on ]