I give up

News, happenings

I give up

#1 Post by Guest »

I'm sick of rehashing old info thats's available if peolpe bother to search.

I'm sick of people not following instructions to the letter and then saying "It dont work" and spending many posts trying to help then nutting out that they haven't followed instructions carefully.

Of people demanding this and that and with no thanks.

I'm worn out and wish everyone the best with all their endeavours.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

The Leaping Puppy

#2 Post by Lobster »

:twisted:

I have a wonderful Tantric Meditation to help you out at such a moment.

"You are the Puppy.
The Puppy is frisky.
The Puppy leaps.
His teeth latch onto the ungrateful nuts"

Go Puppy Go - they can not shake that Puppy off, no matter how they scream . . .

:oops:
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

#3 Post by Guest »

To everyone supporting Puppy and helping people, I say "Thank You."
I know people can sometimes be demanding and a real problem.
I do have a suggestion.
You guys who have a lot of knowledge about Linux and Puppy, only answer the questions that you know haven't been discussed before. On the others just say "search the forum, the info you want is there!"
I have found that I learn more when I dig it out myself, but there are moments a little nudge can really help. So If we ask things that are answered on the forum in the past, just answer -- search, the answer is there.
Again, Thank you. Puppy is worth the effort.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

m m m . . .

you could be right - perhaps my 'involuntary castration' visualisation was a rather extreme response but I can assure you no Puppys were harmed during its production . . .

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Rich

#5 Post by Rich »

I did notice that you were 'waving the white flag' at a couple of posts lately, Bladehunter - and I can't blame you for that.
I'd have done it a lot sooner than you did !

As the Wiki and forum grows then this sort of thing should become a thing of the past, - - BUT ONLY IF PEOPLE LOOK IN THE WIKI OR SEARCH THE FORUM.

A lot of the stuff you do is way beyond my understanding but all us regulars appreciate the contribution you make here.

I'm currently working on the 'bangs head against wall' icon , just for you matey . 8)

rarsa

#6 Post by rarsa »

Actually I have a sugestion arising from this thread:

I have created anew topic in the Suggestions thread. Have a look and tell me what you think.

danleff

#7 Post by danleff »

bladehunter, stick in there! I share your frustration. having been an admin on a former bios site, i can't tell you how many times someone wrote in to say;

"I flashed my bios and now the system won't boot."

"Well no, I didn't read ALL the directions."

"I thought that I could use any bios flash file from the manufacturer..they are all made by the same company!"

Sometimes we just need a rest, refocus and come back later to forge ahead.

Often folks get angry, just because they don't know who to vent their anger on.

Please don't give up on your development endevors!
I love it when a plan comes together

--Hannibal Smith

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#8 Post by Ian »

Yeah bladehunter, don't give up yet, we need you.

Have a look at what rarsa has in the Suggestions section under, " Knowledge base organization" and see what you think.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#9 Post by BarryK »

Sometimes I get really annoyed when questions are asked that showed the person didn't even do any basic research, like they ask if a certain program is available when it is right there on the menu... grumble, mutter.

Bladehunter, no problem if you want to take a step back. Get back to why you are playing with Puppy in the first place -- because it's fun! ...a great hobby, something to tinker with.
When you start to feel pressured, then it's going wrong.

Wireless is coming together -- you are working on it, I am planning to work on it, danleff and others are inputting ...let it all happen when it happens.
...anyone complains too much, tell them to go and use Ubuntu.

stokey

#10 Post by stokey »

Come on Bladehunter hang in there knowledge is a precious thing and you have the knowledge everybody knows that Puppys yap all day long being a catlover myself I suggest that a new section be opened in the Forum called 'The Dog Pound' and any Puppys who post questions without first doing some research should be despatced there
By the way I cant get my Netgear 54Mps Wireless PCI Adaptor WG311 to work .......oops sorry about that! Despatch me to The Dog Pound forthwith
Hang in there for all Puppys (and Kittens)

#11 Post by Guest »

Bladehunter and all other Champion Pups,

Guys, I really appreciate all your efforts, and I know most people do. Bladehunter, you seriously can't imagine how happy your new iso made me. I CAN SEE PUPPY! You made me happy, I hope at least my small thanks will make you smile :)

Cheers,

thoughtjourney

EarlSmith

#12 Post by EarlSmith »

If you have a large page like Barry's blog news page, I have used the "Find in this page" feature of Firefox in the Edit heading. Any of the other help pages can be searched the same way. It does a very good job. The Forum can be searched this way, it makes it easier to help yourself. So we need to develop our search skills and instead of helping someone with easy problems, just tell them what to search for, thereby developing their search skills also.

EarlSmith

#13 Post by EarlSmith »

I just tried to search for the word "Puppy" using the search feature and it found nothing. I have found it works sometimes and sometimes not...maybe this is a reason for so many simple questions!
Anyone know why this is happening?

theelf

#14 Post by theelf »

Have you had anyone call you at 3.00am and ask where the anykey is located? Thats when you start to contemplate homicide.

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#15 Post by Ian »

I've had one person ask the same question six times in six days, I think it was in June also, Uh Oh.
:-)

Rich

#16 Post by Rich »

Ian wrote:I've had one person ask the same question six times in six days, I think it was in June also, Uh Oh.
:-)
maybe they had been out in the sun too long?? 8)

#17 Post by Guest »

Sorry guys, spat me dummy...

Can you all forgive for being childish ? :oops:

Auda

#18 Post by Auda »

Sure can Dont wory be happy :-)

Ian
Official Dog Handler

#19 Post by Ian »

Don't be sorry bladehunter, you are only saying what we all know to be true.

I have seen worse dummyspits than that on some forums, people tend to forget that all the time and effort that you put into Puppy is for free and when you try to help and guide someone to a solution you do not expect to be crapped on if you do not respond quickly or in a manner that they think they deserve.

People like this are just displaying their ignorance and lack of manners and are not worth the effort to even think about their lack of social graces, there are far more important things in your life besides impatient, selfish, selfcentered, greedy people.

Even though they are in a minority it still is not fair to you or anyone else who contributes to Puppy to be subjected to any abuse of good faith.

nduanetesh
Ultra Super-stud

#20 Post by nduanetesh »

Hate to pull everyone's attention away from the Bladehunter love-party here, but

What the hell does "spat me dummy" mean?

ND (stoopid american)