Setting up woof-ce

Using applications, configuring, problems
enrique

Setting up woof-ce

#1 Post by enrique »

I am not totally new to woof-ce. But there are things that I need help. It seems strange to me that woof-ce does not have its own thread or even a forum. I did found a thread on how to use github commands for woolf-ce.

Here we go,
1) We spoke in the other thread about a missing config file that can be manually change at:
woof-out_Host architecture_Target architecture_Compatible-distro/support/rootfs-packages.conf
Question is where infact the file rootfs-packages.conf be put insde the original directory woof-ce. So that it is pick up before woof-out is created.

2) For example the file woof-CE/woof-distro/x86_64/ubuntu/bionic64/DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-ubuntu-bionic is where we add our new neded packges.
Lets take for example the ubuntu package lxterminal. Do I have to add ONLY the main package like this:

Code: Select all

yes|lxterminal|lxterminal|exe,dev,doc,nls                          #enrique
or do I have to add also its dependency like

yes|lxterminal|lxterminal|exe,dev,doc,nls                          #enrique
yes|libvte-2.91-0|libvte-2.91-0|exe,dev,doc,nls                    #enrique
yes|libvte-2.91-common|libvte-2.91-common|exe,dev,doc,nls          #enrique
3) Lets assume that I build my own pet package. Lets assume I call it zz-enrique-lxpup64-config so I guess I add it like this

yes|zz-enrique-lxpup64-config||exe|pet                             #enrique
Then I pace a copy of the package at: mnt/sdba/puppy/local-repositories/zz-enrique-lxpup64-config.pet

But now when I run 0setup I will get the error tha package is not found. So the question is:
Does woof-CE have a way to add a local package in my PC not in a repo? I guess something like writing file:////mnt/sdba/puppy/local-repositories/zz-enrique-lxpup64-config.pet ?
Lets leave it here for now. I will appreciate any help. Thanks
Last edited by enrique on Wed 27 Nov 2019, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

peebee

#2 Post by peebee »

You need to add an entry for zz-enrique-lxpup64-config.pet into a repo database file....this should be a new database for your specific addon items. You can see the format in for example Packages-puppy-noarch-official

You can use an existing database for testing but be aware that 0setup will download and overwrite all of the "standard" databases so you will lose any changes.

You will also need to add the new database to DISTRO_PET_REPOS - you will have to create a dummy web location for the new database - when it fails to download 0setup will use the local database.

You can see examples in /var/packages of LxPupSc64.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

enrique

#3 Post by enrique »

@peebee you really been really helpful. I guess I wil have to download xPupSc64. That remind me a question: Slackoware why you used it? I mean its benefits. How different from Ubuntu. See I like Ubuntu because fro every question you get an answered post all ready on the net. I almost Never have to write my own question. If they do not have a package some one else have a package for it.

@All
This forum needs a Thanks Button.

I never got answers for questions:
1-Where does rootfs-packages.conf originally goes in woo-CE directories.
2-Do I have to manually include ALL libraries required by an App, or do I can only add the App and then woo-CE will find its required libs as needed?

I do have more questions but what to have time to get answers for this ones.

Thanks in advance.

enrique

#4 Post by enrique »

Where is everybody?
On my 1rst post I commented how surprised I was to get 6-7 responses withing hours of my request. But now a week latter and I do not seems to get more info in woof-CE. Weird no!

There are post here that claims that puppy have 1000ths of flavors. Still to me is incomprehensible that I can not find people ( experts and newbies) discussing how to use woof-CE. I had open a thread at https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/w ... ssues/1677. But it only point me out to woof-CE needs you 94 pages on 5 years. I have not finished reading them.