GDAM Builder

Miscellaneous tools
LazY Puppy

GDAM Builder

#1 Post by LazY Puppy »

Hello.

Since we do not have a Development section of the forum( could not find any), I decided to put this into Utilities.

The GDAM Builder or the (G)tk (D)ialog (A)pplication and (M)enu Builder is a full featured Application for developing GtkDialog/Bash Applications.

Since its functions and options are very many, I recommend to load the Project Simple-Text-Editor after installing GDAM Builder and then playing around with that Project.

Each and every Button, Menu-Entry, Checkbox, Radiobutton and others of the GtkDialog Widgets do have tool-tips with lots of information, so watch the tool-tips carefully since this might help as well.

It comes with lots of tools included/integrated, like Easy Bash GUI, GtkDialog IDE, Markup Text Editor, Application Management and FindNRun.

You can create Application Lists to build dynamically Menus for a GtkDialog Program. There are some Examples included for such Application Lists to play around with it.

You can create Projects to build complete GtkDialog Programs including Menus, Options-Frame, Notebook-Tabs etc.pp. plus its needed Functions. There are some Example Projects to play around with it.

Edit Functions in Functions Editor, view, edit and create Templates to be used in your GtkDialog Program. Create dynamically scrollable Button Menus with multiple Rows/Columns. Just a view clicks and some Data/Text to enter and the GDAM Builder will return to you a fully working GtkDialog Application Frame, ready for gettext. You can build archives, .pet files, .sfs files and/or SFS P.L.U.S. .sfs files from a Project. Create .pot file from Project and build .mo file from Project - after creating a SFS or PET everything will be on the right location ready for installing.

Plus many, many, many and even many more !!!

The GDAM Builder has that many functions and options, I would need hours to present them in this here posting, so I prefer you to download, install, play with it and asking Questions to a particular theme on working with GDAM Builder.

Note: I don't have any Internet Access anymore -I'm mainly back to doing Music-, so it could take some time before I will be able to reply (also to some of the PM's that have been sent to me actually) - though, I will.

It is all done in Bash/GtkDialog, so you can read the sources and will be able to step into further Development of GDAM Builder or creating Templates etc.pp. Anyone's welcome to do so...

It depends on:

gtkdialog4
gtkdialog-desklet
wmctrl
replaceit
Xdialog
xdotool

Edit: don't fear the size of the package. It is my full complete development package and most of the files included will be removed from installation directory after installing.
Attachments
image-2.jpg
GDAM Builder plus created Simple-Text-Editor Project
(96.1 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink: