A Great Chat

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
klhrevolutionist

A Great Chat

#1 Post by klhrevolutionist »

So last night a lot of people showed up in the chat to discuss this recent article featured at distrowatch.com, needless to say it brought together a kind of unity amongst the common folk in the chat.

There we were together agreeing and disagreeing.. No one got kicked or banned in the process by the way.. I wondered a bit why nobody had got kicked or banned and it dawned on me that we in this community have already hashed this out once or twice before and we all realized where that road leads...

How far have we come in this community ? Click the chat button and find out...

Chat Now
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

amish

#2 Post by amish »

yeah, well the last time i got kicked (for having a different stand on the war than jeff has) was the last time i bothered. nice to know it's not full of censored-goodness anymore.

is it still racist? just offering my two cents of course, i know how important differing viewpoints are you to guys, and i'm sure you won't try to censor me or basically act like the "fake authorities" you complain about so much. sorry to drag you into it klh, but then, i'm sorry you had to mention it. don't worry, this post will be deleted, since everyone is full of crap. then you won't have to censor it, jeff. wait no i mean- "yay hypocrisy!" *waves an american flag* you'll both know i was right when el lobsterissimo gives your channel his seal of approval ;) have fun with it.

alienjeff

#3 Post by alienjeff »

You weren't kicked because of your opinion on the war - it was because your behavior was disruptive and extremely mean spirited.

Now PLEASE take your Prozac, Amish - if not for us, do it for the countless poor bastards that you routinely torture daily IRL with your snivelling victimitis and venomous barbs.

-aj
Last edited by alienjeff on Fri 29 Jun 2007, 16:04, edited 2 times in total.
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]

Keo_Kyzuki

#4 Post by Keo_Kyzuki »

Amish, can you exactly tell me when you were at all involved in this chat last night? To me, it just seems like a waste of time, oxygen, and ATP, typing such a post. At this stage, your seeming attack on Jeff and KLH are based off of air, and are as like, weak.

Keep your nose in your own business, and out of that of others. People might like you more.
--The Doctor has spoken.
-Don't like it? Get over it. Nobody wants to hear you cry, because somebody told you the truth.

jonyo

#5 Post by jonyo »

Lotsa slang & acronyms (& loose talk) are used in chat, of which I know very little.

Do know what 'gook' means though & have seen it in the main puppychat line. How does this type chat benefit pup?..an OS.

Is usage, of such words acceptable in puppytalk & fall under free speech?

Not..for me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, but #'s also tell a tale.

No doubt in my mind that puppy OS is about chattin & yakin about that, to most..& will also benefit pup the most..

Lotsa big talk goin on..in & 'round these parts, about all kinda nonsense (that has nothin to do with pup) & needs to (& will) be sorted out.

All kinda topical lists are out there for those that have the need.

Never seen anything like these open, personal, petty & childish flames that belong off list & are mostly a turn off, I'd say to most.

Bottom line..ya reap what ya sow & loose lips, sink ships.

Keo_Kyzuki

#6 Post by Keo_Kyzuki »

Racial slurs like that are completely unnecessary. It's such a disgrace to still hear those words, on an OS forum of all things. If I DID see it in the main IRC channel... You could bet your soul I'd be throwing the ban-hammer at 200% strength + efficiency.

Your post had absolutely NO sense to it... Drop anchor, laddie, and get on a topic.

I'm surprised that all/any of these posts haven't mysteriously disappeared.

jonyo

#7 Post by jonyo »

I'll just add..the question of racism has been raised (a few times now). I'm confirming that I've seen use of the word 'gook'. If there is a record kept of chat, the poster of 'gook'..is toast.
Last edited by jonyo on Fri 29 Jun 2007, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.

alienjeff

#8 Post by alienjeff »

jonyo: You've posted the word "gook" more frequently in this thread than it has been allegedly used in #puppylinux. So does that make you toast, too?

-aj
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#9 Post by JohnMurga »

Great way of trashing a perfectly good thread.

Keo_Kyzuki ... You two first posts recriminate and spread FUD ... Thanks ! Not !!

Can we stop this crap PLEASE ?

Moved to completely off-topic.

Cheers
JohnM

jonyo

#10 Post by jonyo »

Good stuff.. :lol: I'm done with this.. thread.

Luuv the 'alleged' part :shock: ..I musta been dreaming..

No wait :!: I copied the text..
alienjeff wrote:jonyo: You've posted the word "gook" more frequently in this thread than it has been allegedly used in #puppylinux. So does that make you toast, too?

-aj