How to install MySQL in 3.01?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Vaklin

How to install MySQL in 3.01?

#1 Post by Vaklin »

For my CarPuter most important thing is database server. I decide to use MySQl from some reasons. Can I download from somewhere precompiled package for Puppy 3.01 or I should get binaries from official source and compile them?

Vaklin

#2 Post by Vaklin »

Someone can tell me is the kernel in Puppy 3.01 works with threads? How to figure out which version of glibc uses puppy?

raffy

use watchdog

#3 Post by raffy »

Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

Vaklin

#4 Post by Vaklin »

This is not a solution. Many things works yet on Puppy 3.01, so I don't want to start bellow the zero. Will try with MySQL precompiled with glibc2.2 and if I have no success will compile my own MySQL from sources.

paulh177

#5 Post by paulh177 »

don't forget that slackware binaries are directly compatible with puppy 3+.
so you could have mysql without apache etc
install slapt-get/glapt from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=21908

Vaklin

#6 Post by Vaklin »

Probably I can't explain exactly where is my problem. MySQL uses threads. Precompiled versions for general Linux usage are compiled with glibc2.3 or 2.2. I have istalled one for 2.3. MySQLd starts without any troubles. But, I can't connect to the administrator tables. I got an error which songs like "User root@localhost have not permision to connect to the database" or something in this spirit. This is because MySQL uses at least three threads. ps -ef gives me only one process started from mysql. So, I have server, but I can't grant access to the DB. MySQL web page discuss this problem in few rows and solutions are MIT???? (forget exactly how named is) and compile from sources. They says all modern linux systems should be compatible with glibc2.2 at least. Now I have downloaded precompiled version for 2.2. and will try. If no success ... gcc helps us:)

Vaklin

#7 Post by Vaklin »

Generic Linux compilation for glibc2.2 from MySQL web site works on puppy 3.01.

A day off and after that must think about high level drivers for my devices.