Puppy 3.02CE Alpha 5 "Stardrop"

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
J-Bob

#81 Post by J-Bob »

@Evil20071

i had an idea that might be stupid enough to work.
what if we used the main puppy repositories Xorg, because this is using th same version, but it came from a different package, and there were two of it when i was making it..

or possibly using pupp 3.02 alpha 8's xorg.

how does that sound :D

Evil20071

#82 Post by Evil20071 »

I like that idea, actually. I'll run a test of that if you'd like? Once we get the xorg stuff fixed, I'll be putting it onto a flash drive to do a real boot from it. Waiting till then since Xvesa doesn't like my laptop's hardware too well when booting.
[url=http://totalelectronics.us]TotalElectronics.us[/url]

J-Bob

#83 Post by J-Bob »

from the looks of things, i think my best bet would be to guess that this just might be an error involving unleashed, and possibly i should use one of tronkel's alpha 3 iso's and use that with the additions in alpha 4 and some other addons to build an alpha 5, but archiving the packages for an unleashed tree.

partially because i'll be going back to school tomorrow since the Christmas break is done.

Evil20071

#84 Post by Evil20071 »

Make me a list of things that need doing since you've got school. I should be able to keep this project rolling. I know that Xorg still needs fixing. That's a given... I know the bugfix for the default theme ant theme and that's a piece of cake. If you tell me which background image you want as the default, I can try and set that up as well... The symlink that needs fixing on the desktop is simple to fix as well. Choosing games and items for the "Fun" menu I'll let you do, but I'll PM you a suggestion. There might be an XKB patch for the current X11 that we're using. It's just X11R7 not 7.x right?
[url=http://totalelectronics.us]TotalElectronics.us[/url]

J-Bob

#85 Post by J-Bob »

Evil20071 wrote:Make me a list of things that need doing since you've got school. I should be able to keep this project rolling. I know that Xorg still needs fixing. That's a given... I know the bugfix for the default theme ant theme and that's a piece of cake. If you tell me which background image you want as the default, I can try and set that up as well... The symlink that needs fixing on the desktop is simple to fix as well. Choosing games and items for the "Fun" menu I'll let you do, but I'll PM you a suggestion. There might be an XKB patch for the current X11 that we're using. It's just X11R7 not 7.x right?
Well, i actually forgot how much free time that i have while i'm at school.

Partially because i might be in school, but not in university yet.

so it basically means if i have no homework, or finish it, i have free time.
usually quite a bit of it. Enough i actually forgot how much i had.

I might still be able to keep the project rolling.

But i think that the version of Xorg we are using is Xorg 7.1, but it might be Xorg 7. As we use X11R7 is the protocol for X11.

And the wallpaper, and icon on the desktop were oversights in the remaster process.

I'm planning to download a barebones iso, and build a new alpha 4 off that, than a public alpha 5.

than we simply fix the last of the major bugs, and we might be able to get away without an Alpha 6, and get a Beta 1.

Beta is when it can be used for everyday use. At least as i have heard.

And i have an account at Fusedtree, and I'm building a forum on there.

I'll add a link into my signature, once it gets up and running.
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248/MedliSage/MAL/thing-4.png[/img]
It's been a long time.

J-Bob

#86 Post by J-Bob »

well, other than me, tronkel and Jon, basically nobody seems to give a damn about this puppy.

And i cannot build a working unleashed.

And the files i was going to build for a partial unleashed to be put with alpha1's were removed, when i tried out PC-BSD. And what a load of crap that was, nothing worked what so ever.

Well, i'm putting the project on hiatus and if anyone wants to continue than that's fine with me.

But once i get things sorted out i'll return to lead.

But while i'm gone, if you make the next releases just alphas that would be great. Because i don't want this to start Beta without my call.

- J-Bob