Karmic 432 issues

Please post any bugs you have found
invisible man

Karmic 432 issues

#1 Post by invisible man »

Greetings: I have a full install of 432, Acer Timeline 64 bit,-wl AGN driver module; Puppy browser works great, but with the limited functiions of that browser. Seamonkey kept crashing, right after, actually getting to the websites I chose. Also had that screen flashing.Thought there might be a settings issue; I tried altering the preferences, and choices. The (multi search engine) inclusive home page that II use, allows complete anonimity, and this may be an issue?, But I use it everywhere else. Managed to get about 6-8 of my bookmarks loaded, It didn't like ixquick,alta vista,Yahoo, or Jeeves; kind of worked with Google--finally got Softpedia to bookmark. Couldn't get C Net , to stay up at all. Tired of beating it down. I downloaded Cool Pups, Opera build, and with my home page, it works great, as well, It's what I'm writing with now, no flashing screen. Haven't had time to check sound and video. First tried to install on my HP mini netbook, that I currently have Mint XFCE 7, and Fatdog 112 on, the only Puppy build, to recognize a wireless network, right off of the CD. I recently found out Kirk, installs the Broadcom STA driver, when he built Fatdog. (Although there is going through both the wizard, and then P-wireless, at each Wifi location.) (The STA is the same driver loaded in Mint, which works great on both machines. Really appreciate all of your time and efforts; Barry, and all the Puppy contributers. Hope the info helps others. PS. In Fatdog the network wizard won't locate a server, if the firewall is installed; possible problem for other puppy users?