Going to NZ!

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
aarf

#21 Post by aarf »

droope wrote:it is all over now aarf :P
How do you mean over droope? You decided not to go? Your girl left you? You are in NZ already? You paid the insurance extortion for the fraudulent airticket scam?

droope

#22 Post by droope »

i meant, relax :P
What seems hard is actually easy, while what looks like impossible is in fact hard.

“Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer.â€￾ –Percy Cerutty

[url=http://droope.wordpress.com/]Mi blog[/url] (Spanish)

aarf

#23 Post by aarf »

droope wrote:i meant, relax :P
just be very careful droope. by all accounts they will strip search and photograph/video your girlfriend too.

disciple

#24 Post by disciple »

aarf wrote:Now i remember correctly, it was a NZ company that was behind that poisoned milk scandal that killed all those babies in china.
Wow, I've never heard the story twisted like that before.
Sanlu is a Chinese company. Its management continued milk production for 9 months after reports of babies becoming sick drinking it.
Fonterra (which is a minority shareholder in Sanlu) found out about the problem, and tried to get the local authorities to issue a public recall of the contaminated milk. The Chinese authorities just wanted to cover it up, so Fonterra "blew the whistle". Fonterra was not behind the contamination of the milk. It was behind exposing the scandal, forcing a recall.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

aarf

#25 Post by aarf »

disciple wrote:
thats because you are only reading -hearing from the NZ media.
there were contaminated milk products on the thai shelves with the NZ companies name on for months, analine brand or something like that. they never recalled them and by the "made by" on the packets.they werent made in china. havent personally bought any of them anywhere since that scandal. yeah and they are still on the supermarket shelves in the S.E.A. countries i visit.

"minority share holder" :roll: if china is anything like other countries in the region, it is a requirement that foreign companies cannot hold more than 49% of the shares, but they provide the technical expertise and management and effectively run the companies

russoodle

#26 Post by russoodle »

Hello Pedro,

We have family living not far from Tauranga....hope you enjoy your stay there without any problems. There are plenty of lovely beaches in the area and surrounding districts..

NZ is a beautiful country and i love it, although it has its share of low-life, thieving pheasant-pluckers, like most other places, so just be careful. My daughter and i had our car broken into and all our stuff stolen from the boot, only hours before we were due to depart for our flight back to OZ. We have various theories on how they knew to target us as travellers, because i'm not one to leave items in view to tempt thieves.

This happened in Auckland, which is a lot rougher now than when i used to live there. However, the remainder of our visit to other places in the North Island was wonderful.

Go to Rotorua and tell us how long it takes before the thermal smell doesn't bother you anymore :lol: Seriously, it's a great place to visit, especially Kuirau Park, with its thermal pools and beautiful gardens. I loved living there many years ago and the smell never bothered me (my daughter thinks i'm a bit tapped though, heh..).

I'd also like to suggest black-water rafting at the Waitomo Glow-worm Caves, as a fun way of spending some leisure time, it's an awesome experience, preferably enjoyed in the summer months or you'll definitely be in danger of freezing your bits off! You've chosen the right season to visit for that :wink:

OK, end of tourist info-babble :lol:
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

disciple

#27 Post by disciple »

aarf wrote:
disciple wrote:
thats because you are only reading -hearing from the NZ media.
Well, no. The scandal was so long ago that I had to do some research to check my facts before posting, and that didn't involve any NZ sources.
there were contaminated milk products on the thai shelves with the NZ companies name on for months, analine brand or something like that. they never recalled them and by the "made by" on the packets.they werent made in china.

yeah and they are still on the supermarket shelves in the S.E.A. countries i visit.
Can you please provide a link for this information?
What products are you seeing and how do you know they are contaminated?
What is "the NZ companies name" which is on the products?
If you don't believe where the label says it was made, why do you believe what company it says it was made by?

I don't think the Sanlu products were supposed to use a NZ brand, so if you're seeing products with a NZ brand name and claiming to be made in NZ, that could be true. NZ does export a huge amount of dairy products.

Everything I can find indicates that there was a recall, and that Sanlu eventually went bankrupt.

N.B. I think when you mention "analine brand or something like that" you are thinking of melamine, which is actually what the products were contaminated with.
"minority share holder" Rolling Eyes if china is anything like other countries in the region, it is a requirement that foreign companies cannot hold more than 49% of the shares, but they provide the technical expertise and management and effectively run the companies
From what I can tell the foreign company might provide technology and expertise, but that doesn't mean it does all the day-to-day running of the company.
Note that there were a lot of Chinese managers and executives charged and convicted over it, but to my knowledge no New Zealanders.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

aarf

#28 Post by aarf »

The label top left says fonterra. side of the box gives its full NZ address and fonterra hotline phone number. Manufactured in thailand by a little known company. How do i know they were poisoned? Personal experience. Caused the same sickening nausea as all other contaminated products of that time. Not recalled? I am in the supermarkets virtually daily and because i was personally affected took extra note of what was on the shelves.
Attachments
DSC00626600.JPG
(53.3 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

disciple

#29 Post by disciple »

Hmmm. Well all the information I can find indicates that that product is made from NZ milk powder, but packaged in Asia, and that it has not been found to be contaminated, so there has never been a reason for a recall. If you know otherwise you should probably be reporting it elsewhere. Maybe on their hotline ;)

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

droope

#30 Post by droope »

russoodle wrote:Hello Pedro,

We have family living not far from Tauranga....hope you enjoy your stay there without any problems. There are plenty of lovely beaches in the area and surrounding districts..

NZ is a beautiful country and i love it, although it has its share of low-life, thieving pheasant-pluckers, like most other places, so just be careful. My daughter and i had our car broken into and all our stuff stolen from the boot, only hours before we were due to depart for our flight back to OZ. We have various theories on how they knew to target us as travellers, because i'm not one to leave items in view to tempt thieves.

This happened in Auckland, which is a lot rougher now than when i used to live there. However, the remainder of our visit to other places in the North Island was wonderful.

Go to Rotorua and tell us how long it takes before the thermal smell doesn't bother you anymore :lol: Seriously, it's a great place to visit, especially Kuirau Park, with its thermal pools and beautiful gardens. I loved living there many years ago and the smell never bothered me (my daughter thinks i'm a bit tapped though, heh..).

I'd also like to suggest black-water rafting at the Waitomo Glow-worm Caves, as a fun way of spending some leisure time, it's an awesome experience, preferably enjoyed in the summer months or you'll definitely be in danger of freezing your bits off! You've chosen the right season to visit for that :wink:

OK, end of tourist info-babble :lol:
many thanks russoodle!!! we'll be departing tomorrow :D :D :D

How did you guys end up talking bout milk??? XD
What seems hard is actually easy, while what looks like impossible is in fact hard.

“Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer.â€￾ –Percy Cerutty

droope

#31 Post by droope »

im here! if anyone has an amazing job for a programmer anywhere in tauranga or freelance, let me know!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!11111

Aitch

#32 Post by Aitch »

hi droope
new forum, which most puppians visited during recent murga forum outage

http://puppylinux.info/

Hope the move is good for you

Aitch :)

droope

#33 Post by droope »

hi aitch! many thanks!

glad we're back now:)

aarf

#34 Post by aarf »

droope wrote:im here! if anyone has an amazing job for a programmer anywhere in tauranga or freelance, let me know!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!11111
glad you made it past the terrorists unscathed. but after your hobbit adventure, if you really want to earn and save money, oz is a far better choice than nz. nz are also going to hit you with extortionate exchange rates on any money you save and try to take out of the country. check it out.
singapore is also workable but doesnt pay as well. if you decide there, a while back, one guy who was a hosting my website offered me a programming/web job there. no i didnt take it. pm me if you need details.
Last edited by aarf on Wed 30 Nov 2011, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.

droope

#35 Post by droope »

hah! nooo nz is just fine. we might go to australia tho! you never know

aarf

#36 Post by aarf »

look no further, heres the absolute proof. how much do you think they paid to get this rating. rotten to the core and further.
Transparency International, a global organisation leading the fight against corruption, says its annual league tables show New Zealand in first position as the least corrupt country in the world.
from http://www.news.com.au/business/austral ... 6211210544

disciple

#37 Post by disciple »

Right, so an anti-corruption organisation saying you're not very corrupt is "absolute proof" that you are very corrupt :roll:

Why would you even want to bribe them? What would be the benefit (other than making your people feel good)?

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

droope

#38 Post by droope »

you really dislike new zealand eh??? :P

aarf

#39 Post by aarf »

disciple wrote:Right, so an anti-corruption organisation saying you're not very corrupt is "absolute proof" that you are very corrupt :roll:
yes thats how these extortion oranisations work. ever wonder why there are now no trees in Borneo rainforest jungles? they paid greenpeace to keep quite while they clear felled virtually the whole island. take a satellite google maps and see for yourself.

human trafficking, prostitution, drug trafficking same deal just different extortion orgainisations involved .you know like the christian church, various ngos, wto, barbarian military, etc.

droope

#40 Post by droope »

hey aarf stop trolling disciple :P