Imagemagick error

Using applications, configuring, problems
ravensrest

Imagemagick error

#1 Post by ravensrest »

I installed ImageMagick6.6.2-6-w5 in Wary 5.3 from the Puppy Package Manager. When I tried to run it, I got this:
[~]> convert /data/lm124.pdf /data/lm124.jpg
convert: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libMagickCore.so.3)
CRIT: rangecheck in .setuserparams
Operand stack:
--nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
convert: Postscript delegate failed `/data/lm124.pdf': @ error/pdf.c/ReadPDFImage/645.
convert: missing an image filename `/data/lm124.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/2970.
I notice that libxml2.so.2 is symlinked to libxml2.so.2.7.8. Any idea what I need to do to get it working?
Thanks,
BS

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Here's what I don't like after running: convert -list configure >> No gs in delegates and the bolded bit..
DELEGATES bzlib fontconfig freetype jpeg jng jp2 lcms mpeg png rsvg tiff x11 xml zlib
DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer' --disable-deprecated --with-quantum-depth=16 --with-umem=no --with-autotrace=no --with-gslib=no --with-fontpath= --with-perl=no
Seems gs is essential- http://www.multipole.org/discourse-serv ... =1&t=18289

Not sure where I'd take this just yet.. IM's got a lotta deps....

Maybe these conversions I'd pass to Gimp..

ravensrest

#3 Post by ravensrest »

Thanks, Semme. I still don't understand what is happening, but here is a bit more info. I run Imagemagick6.6.9.5 under lupu_528 just fine. It has the same DELEGATES line as Imagemagick6.6.2.6 under Racy53 or Wary53 which gives me the error originally posted. In addition, if I use 6.6.2.6 under Racy or Wary to convert, say, jpg to tiff, I get the same error re no version info for libxml2, but it goes ahead and completes the conversion anyway.

Guesses?
BS

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

From reading through several threads I'm leaning towards a versioning mismatch over any missing libs..

That the conversion goes through, does adding the -density switch help?

rcrsn51

#5 Post by rcrsn51 »

Wary has a much older version of Ghostscript compared to Lupu, so that might be the problem. Or it might be that Imagemagick in Wary was never built against Ghostscript.

However, it is possible to convert PDFs to JPGs in Wary with a bit of scripting. But it assumes that your PDF is a simple one-page document.

Is that what you are looking for?

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

Older? BINGO! Right'choo are Rcrsn. Wary 5.1.2- pacman offers v8.15.4.

On your tip I overwrote the existing GS with v8.71 and guess what?

She's FLAWLESS!

ravensrest

#7 Post by ravensrest »

Thank you rcrsn51 and semme for your continued comments. What I am trying to do is extract specific pictures from multipage pdf documents in jpg format. I can do this perfectly well in lupu528 using imagemagick (and converseen if I don't want to use command line). I have been trying to get the same process working in racy/slacko/wary with no luck. I can use screen captures, but that limits my resolution to 72 dpi.

As an aside, lupu528 is the only distro I've had since puppy431 that lets me do everything I want without hangups. I can make some stuff run in wary, some in slacko, but only 528 and 431 let me do everything.

Most recently I downloaded ghostscript8.71 as suggested. It made no difference whatsoever. Still get the original error messages.
BS
Last edited by ravensrest on Wed 23 May 2012, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

Semme

#8 Post by Semme »

I don't run Wary per se, and like you prefer the fluid performance of 5.28.

That you still had errors, bump it- ghostscript-9.02-i486-1_slack13.37.txz

I don't have 5.3 to test- nor will I be dwnlding anytime soon....