Fatdog64-700/701 [April 22 2015] [CLOSED]

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
tigs

#801 Post by tigs »

Hi All,

I really love the fatdog64. It is by far the fastest puppy yet. I hae been looking foe qaculate and clementine. I searched, but couldn't find. The debian package does not install properly. Can someone help compile for me?

qaculate
clementine

thanks in advance.

gcmartin

#802 Post by gcmartin »

@Kai/@Bindee or anyone, that service problem was discussed here.

System service, as important a function as it can be, would benefit everyone if its well understood and apparent in the system.

L18L

Clementine Compiling-from-Source

#803 Post by L18L »

tigs wrote:Can someone help compile for me?
...clementine
https://github.com/clementine-player/Cl ... rom-Source

tigs

Re: Clementine Compiling-from-Source

#804 Post by tigs »

L18L wrote:
tigs wrote:Can someone help compile for me?
...clementine
https://github.com/clementine-player/Cl ... rom-Source
Thanks for the reply. I am not a computer person. Other than the puppy I am running, I use windows an mac all the times. I don't even know how much work or learning this is gonna be. I would really appreciate if someone can help me with these two apps. none of the inlcuded calculators are financial calculator. So far, I found qalculate to be the best one. I have been using it with tahr. But I found fatdog64 to be faster to boot and prefer fatdog if I can get these two apps.

Thanks again.

prehistoric

#805 Post by prehistoric »

Both qalculate and clementine require the QT libraries. The Fatdog GUI is based on lighter-weight libraries, which keeps size down and speed up.

I just checked and saw that the version of Fatdog I'm running has the QT4 common code, (though I'm not sure how it got there,) but not the QT4 GUI, or QT 5. It looks like Clementine only requires Qt4 and Qt4 GUI libraries, which can be installed with Gslapt via the control panel.

This still leaves the sticky business of actually compiling from source, if you can't use an available binary. Someone who has actually done that for another application requiring QT4 would be a better adviser than I am.

Semme

#806 Post by Semme »

Tigs, I don't suppose a calc like this would cut it?
Attachments
fcalc_sourceforge-1.jpg
(102.35 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

tigs

#807 Post by tigs »

Semme wrote:Tigs, I don't suppose a calc like this would cut it?
Thanks @Semme and @prehistoric

That calculator is interesting. I use powerone finance from inifinity software on cell phone and ipad. Qalculate is the closest to that in style and feature. I think it is similar to the HP financial calculator. This one is interesting, however, if I have a choice, I'd prefer the qalculate. Anyhow, that is not the end of the day. I use spreadsheet to perform a lot of financial calculations as well. the worst case scenario is I create some spreadsheet templates.

thanks to you all for input and help.
tigs

PS. the reason I like clementine is because it is the only one that can play cue image files directly. I have a quite a few CD images with cue sheet files.

WillM

#808 Post by WillM »

Hi tigs,

Information about qalculate can be found here;

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 438#862438

prehistoric

#809 Post by prehistoric »

@WillM,

Just from looking at the file names it looks to me like that version of qalculate has been rewritten to use the gtk libraries, which are already in Fatdog.

He would still need the Qt 4 libraries for Clementine, plus a compatible binary package.

The Fatdog I'm on right now may not be the same as the one others are using, as I've patched and upgraded packages rather than reinstalling. Does anyone have advice on possible Clementine binaries for tigs that would not need to be compiled from scratch?

tigs

#810 Post by tigs »

WillM wrote:Hi tigs,

Information about qalculate can be found here;

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 438#862438
Thank you SO MUCH! it works well after a brief try. This is by far the best functional calculator. You can also create your own FUNCTION.

Thanks, Thanks and Thanks, WIllM.

This should be in the official packages.

WillM

#811 Post by WillM »

You are welcome tigs.

Hi prehistoric,
Yes, that qalculate uses gtk libraries that come with Fatdog64. I haven't checked out Clemintine yet. I'll see if I can build that, when I get a chance.

SFR

#812 Post by SFR »

@Jamesbond/Kirk:

The latest cryptsetup has ability to mount not only TC, but also Veracrypt containers/partitions.
Would it be possible to upgrade it in new FD release?

Btw, is there a place where one can find configs for binaries in initrd?
I somehow managed to compile and link cryptsetup v1.6.7 statically (using better-initramfs), but I can not be sure if the ./configure options I have used and those used while building FD's cryptsetup are alike.
These are from better-initramfs:

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=/usr \
--mandir=/usr/man \
--disable-nls \
--enable-static=yes \
--enable-shared=no \
--enable-static-cryptsetup
Thanks &
Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

jamesbond

#813 Post by jamesbond »

@tigs:
WillM is a regular contributor to Fatdog. He has access to upload to Fatdog's contributor repo; packages in the contrib repo which will automatically shows up in Fatdog's package manager (gslapt).

@all:
I have included an experimental fatdog-updater.sh in the latest fatdog-update package. This is a system-updater, it will update the installed packages to their latest versions on the repos (both official and contrib repos). The updater works in CLI and GUI mode (CLI as in, no Xorg server is running). In the future this will be accessible from Control Panel ("Updates" tab) but for now you will have to launch it by typing its command (Alt F2 is "fatdog-updater.sh", Alt F3 is "Fatdog System Updater").

Note1:
It has only been lightly tested so expect bugs, and don't use it in your everyday system (test it on sandbox first or your spare savefile/savedir).

Note2:
Fatdog-updater will only install new packages. It will *NOT* un-install old packages. I leave it an exercise to the reader of why this is the case :wink:

---

@SFR: I remember building cryptsetup statically wasn't the easiest thing in the world (because of its dependency on libdevmapper). I built 1.6.0 quite a long time ago, let me see if I can still find the build notes. I think I followed better-initrams recipe too in the beginning, but I remember I have tweaked something to make sure that it works by default with loop-aes.
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]

Billtoo

#814 Post by Billtoo »

tigs wrote:Hi All,
I really love the fatdog64. It is by far the fastest puppy yet. I hae been looking foe qaculate and clementine. I searched, but couldn't find. The debian package does not install properly. Can someone help compile for me?
qaculate
clementine

thanks in advance.
If you want to run 2 64bit pups,one still beta:

Both applications are available in tahrpup64 6.0.3.5 beta, I updated
the package manager first but I'm not sure if that was necessary.
Attachments
clementine.jpg
(82.62 KiB) Downloaded 791 times

tigs

#815 Post by tigs »

Billtoo wrote:
tigs wrote:Hi All,
qaculate
clementine

thanks in advance.
If you want to run 2 64bit pups,one still beta:

Both applications are available in tahrpup64 6.0.3.5 beta, I updated
the package manager first but I'm not sure if that was necessary.
thanks. I am currently using the 32bit version of tahrpup. however, i have an issue, i can't seem to resolve. I am unable to stop it from loading to the RAM. The parameter pfix-noram does not work. Loading to the RAM has its benefit, but it slows the booting process to more than doubled what fatdog does.

I will see.

The other miniature lunux i like is Alphaos. Unfortunately, the development may not resume anytime soon. It still has strong support from scooby on a lot of issues. I like him a lot.

rcrsn51

#816 Post by rcrsn51 »

tigs wrote:The parameter pfix-noram does not work

pfix=nocopy

tigs

#817 Post by tigs »

rcrsn51 wrote:
tigs wrote:The parameter pfix-noram does not work

pfix=nocopy
Thanks for the info. That cuts the boot time by about 10 seconds.

Here is some boot time results I have starting from the moment I enter the menu entry.

Fatdog64: 16 seconds
Tahr32: 32 seconds with nocopy option
Alphaos: 18 seconds

Kai

#818 Post by Kai »

Not tried it yet but thank you for introducing the easy package updater.

Hopefully now i can ditch windows completely as i'm not happy about this news that Microsoft plans on adding all the Windows 10 spyware to both windows 7 and 8.

prehistoric

#819 Post by prehistoric »

Kai wrote:...Hopefully now i can ditch windows completely as i'm not happy about this news that Microsoft plans on adding all the Windows 10 spyware to both windows 7 and 8.
Was there ever any doubt about the direction they were going?

I'm moving most of this post to the off-topic security area, to avoid hijacking this thread. Bear with me.

L18L

qalculate

#820 Post by L18L »

jamesbond wrote:WillM is a regular contributor to Fatdog. He has access to upload to Fatdog's contributor repo; packages in the contrib repo which will automatically shows up in Fatdog's package manager (gslapt).
That's good to know.

@WillM
Take German translation de.po for directory qalculate-gtk-0.9.7/po
and qalculate will have 3 other languges, Dutch, German and Swedish.

Thank you.
Attachments
de.po.gz
(18.04 KiB) Downloaded 101 times